Wandering Gods

Tacitus

Hmm... an unprepared forger is basically the same thing as a normal person. With no weapons against a chasmfiend, that worth is absolutely useless. Also, I am assuming that with stamps they would a. come naturally to me, and b. there would be a larger threshold for what will take in a stamp. Any other ideas for how god tier forgery could work?

6 minutes ago, HoidWasTaken said:

4 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe they take MUCH easier

I second Somebody.
Also, this whole scene needs some Benny Hill music over it.

Jacob just sits there, amazed at what he just did. Is he some sort of wizard now?

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

Jacob just sits there, amazed at what he just did. Is he some sort of wizard now?

"Get going kid," Shaz yells as he runs at Jacob. As he gets to Jacob he gets really strong and picks him up running for a time. Not long later, he collapses.

3 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

"Get going kid," Shaz yells as he runs at Jacob. As he gets to Jacob he gets really strong and picks him up running for a time. Not long later, he collapses.

Through the... "ride", Jacob is just amazed at how quickly his life went from a normal life to wizards, giant crabs, and getting carried and being called "kid" by a teen his same age.

When he finally collapses, it takes a moment for him to respond. 

"What the [expletive] was that!?!?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Oooh, me likey!

>:)

As he was hurtling through the air, still reeling from the actual delineation of the world around him, he realized two things: the first was the most disorienting (apparently his sight wasn't entirely forward facing only) and the second, which brought the first to his attention was that there was another very human-shaped figure that appeared to be directly in his path. He didn't know how to change that path, and since he'd dropped his cane in the initial takeoff, he couldn't even poke at them and try to move one of the two of them out of the way. 
But he also became aware of something else, another thing inside of him: something that seemed to whisper at him that it could help him with the impact, so he nudged it in the same way he had the other, its heat joining the fire inside him, making him feel, stronger, in some odd way, and braced himself for impact.

34 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

Through the... "ride", Jacob is just amazed at how quickly his life went from a normal life to wizards, giant crabs, and getting carried and being called "kid" by a teen his same age.

When he finally collapses, it takes a moment for him to respond. 

"What the [expletive] was that!?!?"

Spoiler

How old is Jacob, I was thinking early teens? Shaz is 18 almost 19. He just looks nerdy.

29 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

Any ideas for offensive abilites of aviar? (or something pretty cool) I would rather not be stuck looking at dead bodies while everyone else is flying around with swords... I will If I have to though...

Laughs in forgery without stamps yet.

41 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

Any ideas for offensive abilites of aviar? (or something pretty cool) I would rather not be stuck looking at dead bodies while everyone else is flying around with swords... I will If I have to though...

Psychic distractions! Yeah it's not as cool as swords, but it'd be useful. The Aviar could project static or other loud noises directly into someone's head. 

11 hours ago, Invocation said:

As he was hurtling through the air, still reeling from the actual delineation of the world around him, he realized two things: the first was the most disorienting (apparently his sight wasn't entirely forward facing only) and the second, which brought the first to his attention was that there was another very human-shaped figure that appeared to be directly in his path. He didn't know how to change that path, and since he'd dropped his cane in the initial takeoff, he couldn't even poke at them and try to move one of the two of them out of the way. 
But he also became aware of something else, another thing inside of him: something that seemed to whisper at him that it could help him with the impact, so he nudged it in the same way he had the other, its heat joining the fire inside him, making him feel, stronger, in some odd way, and braced himself for impact.

Alena crashes into... whoever it was. She yelps a loud oof, then somehow disconnects her magic and begins plummeting to the ground.

Standing up, Jacob just looks around.

"What?"

He was a wizard, the girl and the other person could fly, that dude had a bird, that dude was haunted and there was a huge crab and alien grass and just

"What?!?"

His mind simply wasn't comprehending the sheer absurdity of this situation. It couldn't, actually.

Alena came crashing down, screaming and flailing her arms.

Lash yourself. LASH YOURSELF!!!

Somehow--she didn't know what she did--Alena gradually stopped falling, hovering a good fifty feet above the chasmfiend.

Great. Now lower yourself down.

"How--how do I do that?"

Just... it should be instinctual. The voice sighed. Whatever... you'll figure it out. Eventually.

Lorem runs and sees a small cave inside a rock formation.

With the crab of death on his tail, he sprints and barely makes it inside. The crab Godzilla thing pounds a claw into the crack to get to him and soon gave up for some easier prey.

Either that or that the monster could not see him since he was mostly transparent.

Wait, what?

Lorem looks at himself and sees the ground through his body. He looks up at his bird

"is this you?" The bird seemed to nod...

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Alena came crashing down, screaming and flailing her arms.

Lash yourself. LASH YOURSELF!!!

Somehow--she didn't know what she did--Alena gradually stopped falling, hovering a good fifty feet above the chasmfiend.

Great. Now lower yourself down.

"How--how do I do that?"

Just... it should be instinctual. The voice sighed. Whatever... you'll figure it out. Eventually.

Young watched Alena stop moving in the air with a sigh. At least she isn't falling, I guess. He turned his attention back toward the huge crab, who seemed to have its attention on others. Now... Now would be a good time to hide. Hopefully the others can do something about that thing.

What do I do? Alena asked herself, panicking.

Well... generally, you'd get back to the ground, but that doesn't seem like a very good option, seeing as how it's been accompanied by a chasmfiend. And you... don't seem like you'll be running out of Stormlight anytime soon. I wonder why that is?

"Enough speaking gibberish. I can fly? Is that what I can do? How do I do it?"

It's not... flying. You're repositioning gravity. And that's not all you can do. As far as I can tell, you have access to all ten Surges, though I don't get how that's possible...

Ben had mostly remained silent throughout the whole insane encounter, but, as he was being attacked by a giant... thing, he couldn't exactly keep doing so. But what? What could he do? As a claw crushed down near him, Ben yelled, "Defend me!" 

Instantly, his belt of all things coiled out of it's loops, and with an inhuman... in...belt? With incredible strength, it shoved the claw falling down towards Ben away. 

That could have killed me. Oh crap.

On a side note, AHH. I was away for a little while, and... yeah okay.

Spoiler

I'm give give Shaz the ability to essentially store beyond 100% ok?

Shaz sudden grew incrediblyweak for a second, so much so that he collapsed. Then he gets very strong picks the chasmfiend up and throws it into the chasms.

Spoiler

Sorry but this was going on too long. If you want to keep fighting it tell me and I'll hide this.

3 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm give give Shaz the ability to essentially store beyond 100% ok?

Shaz sudden grew incrediblyweak for a second, so much so that he collapsed. Then he gets very strong picks the chasmfiend up and throws it into the chasms.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry but this was going on too long. If you want to keep fighting it tell me and I'll hide this.

I think the fight was a big way to make our characters learn of their abilities, I am fine with it ending, however, I wouldn't mind it lasting a while longer.

27 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

I think the fight was a big way to make our characters learn of their abilities, I am fine with it ending, however, I wouldn't mind it lasting a while longer.

Spoiler

That should probably go in a spoiler