Wandering Gods

Tacitus

(As all of my posts start:)

OK, here's the idea. Each person in the RP that wants to would have a character representing one cosmere magic system. Each person has that form of investiture, but to insane and completely impossible levels (Infinite metals, stormlight, breath, all surges, like that). Then we Cosmic Plop them into a cosmere world  (As  for which one, I'm open to suggestions.) Obviously, one doesn't have to be a god, it's just that that's an option.

(as for conflict, there are endless options. The government, Odium kills everyone II, the sequel, those rebellious peasants who don't appreciate awesomeness)

Also, if we end up doing this, I've got dibs on Awakening. (Creator privelages. Ha Ha.)

Dibs on Forgery!

Spoiler

Rewrites soul so that I went around the cosmere collecting magic systems so I am also an allomancer, I have a hemalurgic Feruchemist spike, I have an aviar, I have an honorblade, and I have a ton of breaths

Edited by HoidWasTaken

24 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Ugh. All of the good ones are taken. Dibs on Stormlight, I guess. (Does that count as separate from surges?)

Pretty sure that is the same thing. I mean, if you want to get technical, "Surgebinding" is defined by brando sando as using any investiture magic system, but in this instance I think Fadran meant stormlight surgebinding.

Ahh! Wait for me!
Dibs on... Aon Dor, I guess? I'm assuming the distance restriction doesn't apply here. 
EDIT: Also, we're going to need a bigger opponent than Odium for a large group of godlike adventurers.
I'm not so certain how this will work- like, how does "infinite power" apply to things like Aon Dor or Aviar? There needs to be some limits, for sure.

Edited by AmazingGoob

Well, lets see how we could make each magic system overpowered:
Awakening: A lotta lotta breaths.
Knights Radiant: Infinite Stormlight?
Allomancy: Infinite Metals
Feruchemy: Infinite Stores?
Forgery: Things can be less probable to take a soul stamp
Aviar: I... I'm really not sure. One bird with all the powers?
Aon Dor: No Location Restriction, I guess?

7 minutes ago, HoidWasTaken said:

Well, lets see how we could make each magic system overpowered:
Awakening: A lotta lotta breaths.
Knights Radiant: Infinite Stormlight?
Allomancy: Infinite Metals
Feruchemy: Infinite Stores?
Forgery: Things can be less probable to take a soul stamp
Aviar: I... I'm really not sure. One bird with all the powers?
Aon Dor: No Location Restriction, I guess?

Infinite stores is stupid for an feurchemist- infinite weight, speed, heat, thought, ect. ect.
Aon Dor is a little lame compared to the others.
Infinite metals I can see working, since there's a limited rate at which you can burn them anyway.

Maybe this whole thing needs to go the other way around- a group of teens from Earth dropped into a plot-heavy situation with each getting a different Investiture, along with a single uninvested scholar of magic. They could be godlike, or they could just be like any other new investiture user.

Ooh the more I think about it the more I like the god-teen idea

Edited by AmazingGoob

6 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Infinite stores is stupid for an feurchemist- infinite weight, speed, heat, thought, ect. ect.
Infinite metals I can see working, since there's a limited rate at which you can burn them anyway.

Maybe this whole thing needs to go the other way around- a group of teens from Earth dropped into a plot-heavy situation with each getting a different Investiture, along with a single uninvested scholar of magic. They could be godlike, or they could just be like any other new investiture user.

15 hours ago, Omi the Counselor said:

OK, here's the idea. Each person in the RP that wants to would have a character representing one cosmere magic system. Each person has that form of investiture, but to insane and completely impossible levels (Infinite metals, stormlight, breath, all surges, like that)

I mean, If infinite stores is not to "insane and completely impossible levels" I don't know what is AmazingGoob.

3 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Well, It could be anything we make it, but I think probably story-based.

13 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

I mean, I would not be opposed if we went this route.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
21 hours ago, HoidWasTaken said:

On 11/10/2020 at 10:15 PM, AmazingGoob said:

Spoiler

Me as the Feruchemy user is fine with infinite as long as I can essentially compound without the bonus effect of one of the metals Aon Dor can just be super powerful no matter where you are and the person can do it perfectly problem solved

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
9 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

I guess I'd be fine with that.

I would personally like earth teens with god powers idea but it could go either (also no Investure scholar doesn't make sense to me, we'll just have to learn them) 

On 11/12/2020 at 8:33 AM, Somebody from Sel said:

I would personally like earth teens with god powers idea but it could go either (also no Investure scholar doesn't make sense to me, we'll just have to learn them) 

Yeah that'll be impossible for me, the Aon Dor user.

Anyway, @Omi the Counselor, do we get the go ahead on the god teens idea? Where are we start?

3 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

Anyway, @Omi the Counselor, do we get the go ahead on the god teens idea? Where are we start?

Yes, we have a go-ahead, but obviously at least a few will have somewhat instinctual abilities (AonDor and the like) 

Other than that, are there any suggestions for which world it should take place in, or should I just pick one?

12 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Yes, we have a go-ahead, but obviously at least a few will have somewhat instinctual abilities (AonDor and the like) 

Other than that, are there any suggestions for which world it should take place in, or should I just pick one?

Hmm... Dunno. You can pick.

Edited by AmazingGoob