Fake spoilers

ginger_reckoning

On 1/26/2021 at 10:54 AM, More Cynical Than Funny said:

I was not expecting the Siri-Susebron-Vasher love triangle in Nightblood! 

I know! The strangest part is that this was actually some subtle foreshadowiing for SA5, where they all get eaten by Nightblood and discover a parallel dimension inside.

On 28/02/2021 at 1:49 AM, Flyingbooks said:

I know! The strangest part is that this was actually some subtle foreshadowiing for SA5, where they all get eaten by Nightblood and discover a parallel dimension inside.

I actually rolled my eyes when reading that part, it seemed like such a lazy and blatant Dragnipur rip off from Brandon, even down to the echoes of chains rattling that made no sense here and was never explained...

I was so surprised by that ending. I mean, the fact that Hoid was Adonalsium all along and hadn't died was not what I had expected. And then when he un-shattered the shards. I was so confused. I thought that there would be no point to the next book, until that part where Kelsier worldhopped and punched Hoid in the face. I didn't expect that to be what re-shattered Adonalsium. And the part where Kelsier became the shard of Blatant Thievery was probably my favorite part of the entire book. I don't know how Brandon does it.

53 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

I was so surprised by that ending. I mean, the fact that Hoid was Adonalsium all along and hadn't died was not what I had expected. And then when he un-shattered the shards. I was so confused. I thought that there would be no point to the next book, until that part where Kelsier worldhopped and punched Hoid in the face. I didn't expect that to be what re-shattered Adonalsium. And the part where Kelsier became the shard of Blatant Thievery was probably my favorite part of the entire book. I don't know how Brandon does it.

Just how many Shards has Kelsier held and given up at this point? It’s getting really hard to keep track... I’m glad Brandon finally canonized that he’s doing it for the challenge, not the power. Because those debates were getting tedious.

”Gotta hold the all!” though? Really? I would have preferred a more subtle Pokémon reference...

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

Just now, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Just how many Shards has Kelsier held and given up at this point? It’s getting really hard to keep track... I’m glad Brandon finally canonized that he’s doing it for the challenge, not the power. Because those debates were getting tedious.

I know, right? And now we know that he's trying to become Adonalsium, just so that he can say that he did it. I think book 5 is going to be very strange... 

I also really liked the part where Nightblood became a Skybreaker after bonding that Highspren. What was its name again? Bill? That was it, right? I still can't believe that he was able to swear all the oaths at one time.

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

I know, right? And now we know that he's trying to become Adonalsium, just so that he can say that he did it. I think book 5 is going to be very strange... 

I also really liked the part where Nightblood became a Skybreaker after bonding that Highspren. What was its name again? Bill? That was it, right? I still can't believe that he was able to swear all the oaths at one time.

No, he’s trying to become a Sliver of Adonalsium by holding every Shard once. He made it very clear that he doesn’t want to be god, because it’s “a really dull job and the perks aren’t worth the hassle.” And we found out after Hoid became Adonalsium that you can’t put it down like a regular Shard. That’s when Kelsier punched him.

And, yeah. Crazy about Nightblood. Especially the par where Hoid-as-Adonalsium changed him into a real kid, but one who still eats Investiture! Like a human-shaped Larkin. It was really sad when he went to Warbreaker and asked, “Where’s mommy, daddy?” Poor little sword-boy...

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

No, he’s trying to become a Sliver of Adonalsium by holding every Shard once. He made it very clear that he doesn’t want to be god, because it’s “a really dull job and the perks aren’t worth the hassle.” And we found out after Hoid became Adonalsium that you can’t put it down like a regular Shard. That’s when Kelsier punched him.

And, yeah. Crazy about Nightblood. Especially the par where Hoid-as-Adonalsium changed him into a real kid, but one who still eats Investiture! Like a human-shaped Larkin. It was really sad when he went to Warbreaker and asked, “Where’s mommy, daddy?” Poor little sword-boy...

Oh yeah. I forgot about that part. I'm just really glad that Kelsier figured out how to worldhop. Who knew that you have to do the worm in the perpendicularity to worldhop when you are that invested. 

And I'm so glad Nightblood has Bill now. If he didn't, I don't know how he would hande being human. And that part with Vasher was really sad. I liked that one part when he started correcting Dalinar. The quote, if I remember correctly, is "But it's not a chicken. It's a bird." That was really funny.

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

Oh yeah. I forgot about that part. I'm just really glad that Kelsier figured out how to worldhop. Who knew that you have to do the worm in the perpendicularity to worldhop when you are that invested. 

And I'm so glad Nightblood has Bill now. If he didn't, I don't know how he would hande being human. And that part with Vasher was really sad. I liked that one part when he started correcting Dalinar. The quote, if I remember correctly, is "But it's not a chicken. It's a bird." That was really funny.

I honestly felt really sorry for Warbreaker. All those times we joked about him being Nightblood’s parent... and it turns out he doesn’t have the FIRST CLUE about parenting. Thank the Shards for Vivenna, right?

1 minute ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I honestly felt really sorry for Warbreaker. All those times we joked about him being Nightblood’s parent... and it turns out he doesn’t have the FIRST CLUE about parenting. Thank the Shards for Vivenna, right?

Yeah. If it wasn't for her, I don't think things would have turned out as well as they did. Although, Lift was the one who showed Nightblood how to turn food into investure. Without that, Nightblood would have starved.

3 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

Somewhere around 4 1/16

I’m pretty sure he’s held more over the course of this thread.

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Yeah. If it wasn't for her, I don't think things would have turned out as well as they did. Although, Lift was the one who showed Nightblood how to turn food into investure. Without that, Nightblood would have starved.

Yeah, that was a really nifty trick. Especially since with the Stormfather dead there isn’t any more Stormlight. Although Sja-Anat as the Stormmother has promised to work on it.

3 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I mean I might have missed some, but I did go through the thread, counting them. They were Odium, Ruin and Preservation in the form of Harmony, blatant thievery, and an unspecified 256th of Adonalsium.

5 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I really loved when the King's Mother started making meta joke about the Shard, it's really sad she can't be a Ghostblood anymore

15 minutes ago, Lesser spren said:

I honestly loved the foreshadowing for when Allomancer Jak appeared on Nalthis. And when he proceeded to fumble his way to killing every shade in the vicinity? Brillant. I get chills just thinking about it.

Didn’t Hallandren demand the border with Scadrial be shut as a result? Something about killing their gods...

30 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

I mean I might have missed some, but I did go through the thread, counting them. They were Odium, Ruin and Preservation in the form of Harmony, blatant thievery, and an unspecified 256th of Adonalsium.

He also held Preservation on its own in SH. And I think he may have held Autonomy and Ambition at different points, too.

5 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

He also held Preservation on its own in SH. And I think he may have held Autonomy and Ambition at different points, too.

The Autonomy part is more iffy, I think he just replaced Patji as a Bavatar

Edited by mathiau