Fake spoilers

ginger_reckoning

On 11/11/2020 at 10:38 AM, LuckyJim said:

The scene where Moash accidentally proposed to Venli due to his unfamiliarity with singer customs was pretty funny, I wonder if anything's going to come of that or if it's just going to be a minor recurring gag.

I can imagine it being a recurring meme as it was part of the beach vacation interlude and he does one of those every book. I did think it was a little too on the nose when, during the volleyball game, Venli jumped for the ball, but fell on Moash with her chest right in his face and then got mad at him and called him a "tsukebe" and a "hentai." Are those in the Dawnchant? Does anyone know what they mean?

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

So, did anybody on this thread actually get anything right?

All of them were right, surprisingly enough. Though some of them went down a bit differently than I would have thought.

Spoiler

Like, yes, Shallan arguably turned out to be a Sleepless, given how she was made of hordelings and all, but I wasn't expecting her to be a hemalurgic construct. (Still kind of aghast thinking of how much time it took to spike that many crabs...)

On 2020-11-19 at 2:01 PM, Nameless said:

So, did anybody on this thread actually get anything right?

If serious: I mean, there's a few that are different levels of close, and one or two that nearly happened.

If not: Which copy of the book did you read? Because it really depends on which ending you got. Personally i preferred number 2 but i could see someone arguing that 4 is the best one, but most of the spoilers here are for the most common version, version 1.

1 minute ago, Blacksmithki said:

If serious: I mean, there's a few that are different levels of close, and one or two that nearly happened.

I was serious, thanks for going through them all for me.

2 minutes ago, Blacksmithki said:

If not: Which copy of the book did you read? Because it really depends on which ending you got. Personally i preferred number 2 but i could see someone arguing that 4 is the best one, but most of the spoilers here are for the most common version, version 1.

Wait, there are other versions than numbers 10 or 16? Man, I though those others were jokes. Maybe I should've read the other ones, but number 4 was literally just "I am a stick" repeated over and over again.

Just now, Singer said:

I thought the spren orgy was a little distasteful, but I really enjoyed when Bridge 4 presented their new team cheer and sang "We're all in this Together" from High School Musical. I guess I'm just into wholesome entertainment!

I'm guessing you read the number 18 or higher? I hear those got weird.

8 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I was serious, thanks for going through them all for me.

Wait, there are other versions than numbers 10 or 16? Man, I though those others were jokes. Maybe I should've read the other ones, but number 4 was literally just "I am a stick" repeated over and over again.

Get an electronic copy of 4 and try running it through a bunch of cryptographic software. I think you might be surprised. There's a lot of ways to manipulate text that a computer can see but won't appear to people.

Did you try 9? That one gets dark. I suppose it makes sense though. I just didn't think Brandon had it in him.

As for the more serious part: (spoilered even though i don't really need to, but this thread started before release)

Spoiler

There's thought that Kaladin's beserk rage was influenced by Odium, and possibly even Odium trying to take him over, and some people on an early page made spoilers about not liking how Kaladin joined Odium.

There's someone who made one about how people now know that kaladin is the son of Tanavast, and Word of brandon has said that that title/name has some sort of significant meaning, so this might be closer then we actually know.

There's a couple Kaladin ships, so we can't really know the accuracy.

few others that get a bit further away, i mostly glanced over this thread.

Edited by Blacksmithki

On 11/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, TMC29ZX said:

But why did Harmony suddenly show up and give us the info dump about the Shattering?

.... @Nameless This was pretty close.

Also @Experience said: “And when Hoid can’t punch Kelsier anymore,” is close considering that Hoid references the time he did. And currently can’t, due to them being on different planets.

Actually, you could consider the sheer number of times Mistborn, and Kell in particular, was brought up to be ‘getting it right.’

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

On 11/11/2020 at 6:30 AM, Dreamspren said:

Man I loved it when adolin announced he was gay and shallan was supportive and told him that Radiant always thought there was a " strange vibe " between him and the Lopen. 

Also finally dalinar naming his son as the Highprince of Fashion after seeing that Spren are more likely to bond well dressed ppl

Highprince of Fashion? OMG I lost it when I read it! Thank you!