Fake spoilers

ginger_reckoning

If I’m honest, I saw the Chouta stand infiltration from a mile away. The fact that the Fused were going to get into Urithiru by hiding in Chouta stands was pretty well foreshadowed in the previews.

I was not expecting the tax evasion plot line though, and the redemption of Leshwi and Lezian into happy Chouta salespeople.

Good subversion from Brandon, I think. What were y’all’s thoughts on that?

10 minutes ago, Spinner16 said:

At first I was on board when the Fused starting building their own version of Urithiru. It really seemed to add to the theme of a parallel arms race. But Brandon really lost me when he named it Urithitwo. That part was just silly.

Well, it was foreshadowed in the Prologue to WoK because Taln was the second herald.

23 minutes ago, Spinner16 said:

At first I was on board when the Fused starting building their own version of Urithiru. It really seemed to add to the theme of a parallel arms race. But Brandon really lost me when he named it Urithitwo. That part was just silly.

Haven't you read the newest preview chapter? They aren't technically building a new Urithiru, they're transporting the original Urithiru, which was made by them, from the past to the present. They traveled to the time after the Radiants abandoned Urithiru and are transporting it (and the Sibling, in pieces) through time, leaving a fake one in its place. That's why the Sibling isn't active: time travel messes with spren a lot. After all, that's why Mayalaran got revived and bonded Adolin, becoming a Radiant (yes, Mayalaran became a Radiant, not Adolin) when they traveled to the Shattering to try to kill Odium's future/present Vessel.

Edited by Flyingbooks42

I was moderately surprised when Taravangian became a Radiant, as I would think that his utilitarian morals interfere with his ability to swear the First Oath. However, my confusion was alleviated when it was revealed that Hoid had snuck along with the Shadesmar expedition to convince the inkspren into sending one of their number to Taravangian. 

12 hours ago, Bliev said:

I would never have guessed Shallan's secret--she's really a Sleepless? No wonder she had so many personalities. She's made up of thousands of hordelings after all.

I am a bit surprised that Adolin didn't figure that out sooner though...

6 hours ago, Leuthie said:

I'm finding it hard to keep track of all of Shallan's personas. Which two teamed up to kill Taravangian? The Cryptic and the Chull farmer, right?

3 hours ago, Gears said:

I was moderately surprised when Taravangian became a Radiant, as I would think that his utilitarian morals interfere with his ability to swear the First Oath. However, my confusion was alleviated when it was revealed that Hoid had snuck along with the Shadesmar expedition to convince the inkspren into sending one of their number to Taravangian. 

I know, its so hard now that there are thousands of personas to keep track of. I don't find it surprising that Adolin didn't notice (the sleepless can become VERY specialized after all) but I did think that it was interesting that she wouldn't even notice when two of her own hordelings went off and just shanked Taravangian like that! Especially right after he bonded that inkspren! And the fact that a portion of her hordelings got stuck in the past in "Urithirtwo" only makes me more worried about more personas emerging. 

Though I am rather fond of her new Chouta saleswoman persona. She gets along surprisingly well with Lezian and Leshwi! They make quite the family, now that Adolin divorced her and married Maya the radiant instead. (Which I was not a fan of, just FYI) 

4 hours ago, Spinner16 said:

Actually almost spit out my food laughing at this one, nice!

Man I loved it when adolin announced he was gay and shallan was supportive and told him that Radiant always thought there was a " strange vibe " between him and the Lopen. 

Also finally dalinar naming his son as the Highprince of Fashion after seeing that Spren are more likely to bond well dressed ppl

Edited by Dreamspren
A little polishing

5 hours ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

I love how we're spontaneously creating a unified crazy alternative-universe version of Rhythm of War.

Well what else are we to do in the wait for RoW to release? We must theorise until we have made theories about our theories that prove the Shattering was a hoax and Adonalsium was just Hoid all along!

54 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

No Kelsier was female! Yes it was in the movie though.

*cough* female Kelsier *cough* I made this (also It's a coloring page so you can use it for coloring btw I don't care just give me @More Cynical Than Funny credit)

Female Kelsier.pdf

Actually, Dox is going to be female in the movie adaptation. I’m disappointed; I think Marsh would have been a more intriguing choice.

Nice picture!

Yeah, the reveal that Shallan was a aimian was crazy, and all the personalities were getting on my nerves. I was honestly happy when it turned out that Nightblood would in fact kill an entire horde if it touched one hordeling. It was a bit stupid to test it that way though.

Edited by Nameless