One Of Them Will Destroy Us

Invocation

The WOK back blurb makes a reference to "And one of them will destroy us" and then that shows back up in the conversation between Yelamaiszin, Zyardil, and Nickli: "I like the Bondsmith, for example, though I know he will destroy us."

I thought it was going to be Szeth as the destroyer, and Dalinar probably would have been my last guess. Any ideas as from y'all as to what the circumstances of this destruction will be?

Edited by Invocation

Nice catch!

"Us" being the Sleepeless

We know the Sleepless will be present in the future Mistborn series. I forget the ERA. 

That means in order to destroy the Sleepless, Dalinar would have to live for a long time. 

Unless the "Us" is just talking about the 24 Sleepless on Roshar.

You would need some  immense power to kill 24 sleepless. Dawnshard? Shard?

Edited by Shuffel

15 minutes ago, Shuffel said:

Nice catch!

"Us" being the Sleepeless

We know the Sleepless will be present in the future Mistborn series. I forget the ERA. 

That means in order to destroy the Sleepless, Dalinar would have to live for a long time. 

Unless the "Us" is just talking about the 24 Sleepless on Roshar.

You would need some  immense power to kill 24 sleepless. Dawnshard? Shard?

There are sleepless on other world that look very different. It could be that the Rosharan sleepless are destroyed but other types survive. Just like the humans on Roshar might die but others survive on Sel. 

Edited by teknopathetic

If the Unity Dawnshard theory is correct, by the end of Dalinar's Honor path he could be a full Dawnshard in addition to a full Bondsmith. And judging by how terrified the Sleepless are of Rysn getting a spren bond, I think Dawnshard Dalinar could be quite a threat - one that could take on Odium, but one that could also destroy Roshar.

2 hours ago, DiamondMind said:

A crackpot theory I just thought of: Dalinar is going to Unite all of the Sleepless back into one Swarm. That would destroy their individual identities. We do know that they all originally existed as one and were somehow split off from each other.

Hm... Maybe not totally crazy... 

"I will unite."

What is more fractured than tons of interconnected but still separate creatures literally made up of tons of separate, individual creatures? (Completely random and definitely crackpot idea: Adonolsium).

The Dysian Aymians don't really have a large, up-front role in the books yet. As far as I'm aware, Lift is the only person with a semi large part to have met one. So, I think we can assume that these guys are going to become a larger part of things, and Dalinar will probably become aware of them. 'cause he needs to destroy/unite them. Maybe he'll gain that connection through Rysn, somehow?

Edit: also, in my mind, the "us" in "one of them will destroy us" could mean one of three things- the Sleepless on Roshar, the Sleepless across the Cosmere, or Roshar as a whole. Maybe the entire Cosmere, if we want to get a little crazy.

Post edit: are they predicting the future with that line?

Edited by Tesh

11 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Post edit: are they predicting the future with that line?

Yes... but I assume the Sleepless don't have the same misgivings with future sight as the Vorin church does. Not all forms of predicting the future are of Odium, although most of Roshar's forms are.

10 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Yes... but I assume the Sleepless don't have the same misgivings with future sight as the Vorin church does. Not all forms of predicting the future are of Odium, although most of Roshar's forms are.

I was thinking it could also potentially just be some logical consideration, but it does seem pretty unlikely that that's the case. But I mean... It could be. So I guess the real question is if they're the ones who figured this out, or if it was something else, like a Shard, that they learned it from.