My Dragonsteel Leather Editions of The Way of Kings arrived today (THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!) but I'm hesitant to start reading them in case I damage the spine or something. I've heard Brandon say that his team re-edits all the books for the tenth anniversary editions, so I want to read the updated version. Anyone know if there's another way to do this besides reading the leather versions? Like, does Dragonsteel have Tor update the text of the TWOK ebook?

1 hour ago, nerdywordsmith said:

My Dragonsteel Leather Editions of The Way of Kings arrived today (THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!) but I'm hesitant to start reading them in case I damage the spine or something. I've heard Brandon say that his team re-edits all the books for the tenth anniversary editions, so I want to read the updated version. Anyone know if there's another way to do this besides reading the leather versions? Like, does Dragonsteel have Tor update the text of the TWOK ebook?

Theyre such minor changes, i dont even know why you bother.

they usually just do updated chapter headings, maybe find and remove a couple typos. Maybe include a deleted scene at the very end of the novel...

the Eleantris leatherbound includes “the mad prince” and Hoid deleted scenes(which did get updated into the ebook version.but thats it) 

If they do update the ebook to match the leatherbounds, the only differences will be a couple less typos and a deleted scene(if there is something like that in the leatherbound)

im not sure when theyd get around to it. But they usually do these things pretty fast

Edited by Eternal Khol