Hello everyone!

CosmereComrade

31 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Welcome! We will all be willing to help improve your English if you would like the help. Even if you don’t, you’ll probably improve just from being on! (So be nice @Condensation :P

Anyways, glad you're here and make sure to check out the forum games!

Oh, there are games?! I will sure try to check on them. And I do understand people liking good grammar, I'm quite the same in spanish. If you tell me when I make mistakes I'd be pleased (always with good manners, of course!). I'm always willing to learn and improve such aspects :)

2 hours ago, CosmereComrade said:

Oh, there are games?! I will sure try to check on them. And I do understand people liking good grammar, I'm quite the same in spanish. If you tell me when I make mistakes I'd be pleased (always with good manners, of course!). I'm always willing to learn and improve such aspects :)

I better not use my awful Spanish around you then. :D

Just now, Ghanderflaffle said:

I better not use my awful Spanish around you then. :D

Oh no no, I mean, I understand it's a very hard language to learn! It's just with spanish natives that i tell them usually, but I try to be polite on it (although it might come over as very nitpicky and not wellmanered to do so...)

2 hours ago, CosmereComrade said:

Oh no no, I mean, I understand it's a very hard language to learn! It's just with spanish natives that i tell them usually, but I try to be polite on it (although it might come over as very nitpicky and not wellmanered to do so...)

I was joking, I don’t normally use it much. I should be fluent, I’ve been taking Spanish classes since I was 5, but I’m only kinda.

5 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Welcome! We will all be willing to help improve your English if you would like the help. Even if you don’t, you’ll probably improve just from being on! (So be nice @Condensation :P

Anyways, glad you're here and make sure to check out the forum games!

Hey! I'm really nice, a lot of new people on the Shard have been introduced to RPs because of me. CosmereComrade, let me know if I can help with anything! I'd love to introduce you to anything(generally on Community, I'm not on the others much).

28 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

I was joking, I don’t normally use it much. I should be fluent, I’ve been taking Spanish classes since I was 5, but I’m only kinda.

Oh, wow! Well, if you ever wanna practice, just tell me ^^

24 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Hey! I'm really nice, a lot of new people on the Shard have been introduced to RPs because of me. CosmereComrade, let me know if I can help with anything! I'd love to introduce you to anything(generally on Community, I'm not on the others much).

Hi! Sure, I'll ask for help if I need to, thank you very much :)

Also, RPs? What's that about?

8 hours ago, CosmereComrade said:

Yes, totally, I JUST figured out why people kept calling Lopen "The Lopen" in shardcast and stuff. THEY ACTUALLY CALL HIM LIKE THAT IN ENGLISH! In spanish it's just "Lopen". So I guess there are lot's of puns, jokes and more subtle things in the books that I have sadly missed until now... But hey, I can always re-read in english. I feel it will be much easyer with books I've already read, so I think that's what I'm gonna do next! (Also, one difference I always found funny was that in spanish, the title of "warbraker" is completely different. It's called "El aliento de los dioses" which you would translate to "The breath of the gods", instead of "rompeguerras" which i think would be a more "accurate" translation. I first had some trouble figuring out what "warbreaker" was :lol:

Omg yeah that one would totally mess me up. Especially because you never really refer to someone as "The..." it's more of a self proclaimed title so to have to figure that out would be tough! 

Ooh and yes always once you have the story down in a primary language going to a second gets wayyyy easier because you can like fill in the gaps :D That would be awesome to reread good luck!

And no way that's a massive translation difference! That's actually super interesting I have no clue why they would change it that much because yeah you are so right at that point it's really not even close to the same meaning. Dang well props to you for figuring all this out! I think you should be making titles for them :P

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
22 minutes ago, Condensation said:

TTRPG? No idea what that is, but we have lots of RPs here and I may or may not be in most of them.

Ya I'm turning into you aren't I? I'm in like 10000 RPs too 

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Just now, Condensation said:

Not as many as me yet, but close. Have you seen my status update about that? About all of my characters?

No *sighs* I'll go look

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Oh. No, nothing like that. I do D&D occasionally, but nothing else. Played Magic once.

Oh. Then I would need some kind of explanation on this topic. Is there a thread or something that explains it? Could you tell me otherwise?

4 minutes ago, CosmereComrade said:

Oh. Then I would need some kind of explanation on this topic. Is there a thread or something that explains it? Could you tell me otherwise?

Um... so we create characters that take actions, but you don't rely on dice to tell you how successful you are. Generally your RP-mates will tell you if what you do is too OP(over-powered), and then you can learn. There's probably something that tells you better. Go to Community and then Role-Playing, check there.

6 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Um... so we create characters that take actions, but you don't rely on dice to tell you how successful you are. Generally your RP-mates will tell you if what you do is too OP(over-powered), and then you can learn. There's probably something that tells you better. Go to Community and then Role-Playing, check there.

Geat! I sure will. Thanks :)