I know no one has responded for a few days, but I think this is storming brilliant, so I must awaken this thread from its brief slumber.

I guess.

I will write all the time

I'm technically lying, because I'm a huge procrastinator

But I have to take this oath to join the guild, so...

I will write all the time

Or try to, anyways

*waves hand* amen?

So... Um... I may or may not have published a short story in an anthology... And I've finished a very small handful of things (mostly obscure fairy tale retellings, which I highly recommend doing to get used to finishing a story) and I've been doing NaNoWriMo... Generally, I suck at writing consistently.

I'm also wearing Doomslug socks, but that's irrelevant.

If anyone would like to read my short story, I'd be happy to share. It's pretty short, about 2,300 words long. I don't have the final version, but i have one that's kind of close. (The more I read it the worse it gets, though...)

And if there's any genre we should wage war against, it is YA dystopian. Can I be the tactical commander of our fledgling army/nation/group of nerds?

1 minute ago, Tesh said:

I know no one has responded for a few days, but I think this is storming brilliant, so I must awaken this thread from its brief slumber.

I guess.

I will write all the time

I'm technically lying, because I'm a huge procrastinator

But I have to take this oath to join the guild, so...

I will write all the time

Or try to, anyways

*waves hand* amen?

So... Um... I may or may not have published a short story in an anthology... And I've finished a very small handful of things (mostly obscure fairy tale retellings, which I highly recommend doing to get used to finishing a story) and I've been doing NaNoWriMo... Generally, I suck at writing consistently.

I'm also wearing Doomslug socks, but that's irrelevant.

If anyone would like to read my short story, I'd be happy to share. It's pretty short, about 2,300 words long. I don't have the final version, but i have one that's kind of close. (The more I read it the worse it gets, though...)

And if there's any genre we should wage war against, it is YA dystopian. Can I be the tactical commander of our fledgling army/nation/group of nerds?

I was going to revive this place, but you beat me to it.

26 minutes ago, Tesh said:

I’m currently trying to write a YA-ish (PG-13 level book I guess) dystopian that isn’t about a teenage brown-haired white girl in a love triangle, luckily it isn’t that hard :P

37 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I’m currently trying to write a YA-ish (PG-13 level book I guess) dystopian that isn’t about a teenage brown-haired white girl in a love triangle, luckily it isn’t that hard :P

Thank you.

'cause oh my gosh that drives me crazy!

And I can't read a book of there's too much romance. I have to claw my way through it or drop it. And I'm going to say it... I don't like The Hunger Games... :ph34r: I read the first book but just couldn't make myself get through the first chapter of the second.

I did read Partials, which was far better than most, but still wasn't my favorite.

There are a few things like The Giver that are amazing, however, but most of them don't feature romance as the main story line. :rolleyes: The Giver might not even really be YA. It might be one of those weird in-between books. 

I haven't read this in years, but I loved The City of Ember when I was in elementary school. I should re-read those ones.

ANYWAYS.

I started talking about books. :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

Wow... It’s been awhile since I’ve thought about those books. I remember really liking the first book, but I don’t remember much of the other two. Wasn’t there, like, a prequel book or something?

Yeah, I think it was the third one. I only remember the books because I have a sibling named Ember

I won't copy the oath but it's mostly right about me. Sadly, part of the reason I don't write a lot is that I have other things which I also procrastinate. I will add that I will try to think of interesting ideas for stories whenever I have time, but I'll never really use them ever since I'll procrastinate. Besides, I try focusing on one idea.

I technically published a sort-of fantasy book, but it shouldn't count by any means since it was a very bad one, and it was only given to family and close friends.

I have an idea for a world - it's in my signature - and also a vague idea for a story in it - basically some sort of a retelling of Cinderella, though I'm afraid this kind of stories was done too many times. I will like to have some help.

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

I have an idea for a world - it's in my signature - and also a vague idea for a story in it - basically some sort of a retelling of Cinderella, though I'm afraid this kind of stories was done too many times. I will like to have some help.

A reference I’d recommend is the Cinder books series, it’s a Cinderella retelling that is very original and well done. 

You mean the one with the cyborgs? Never read it, I have committed the worse sin in existence and read about it in Wikipedia.

I don't know if it could help. Did you read what I wrote about the worldbuilding?

I acually had an idea about something to differ it from the original story, part off which was making the prince disappear - replaced by an identical-looking innocent person - and the main plot would've been people searching for him. I'm just not sure if it's really a good idea.

21 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

You mean the one with the cyborgs? Never read it, I have committed the worse sin in existence and read about it in Wikipedia.

I don't know if it could help. Did you read what I wrote about the worldbuilding?

I acually had an idea about something to differ it from the original story, part off which was making the prince disappear - replaced by an identical-looking innocent person - and the main plot would've been people searching for him. I'm just not sure if it's really a good idea.

I unfortunately can’t access your signature right now because I’m on mobile, but I’ll definitely take a look at it later today when I can get to my computer.

I will write all the time - I'm technically lying, because I'm a huge procrastinator, but I have to take this oath to join the guild, so...I will write all the time. Or try to, anyway. 

*waves hand and produces fireworks* Amen?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

I bet you'll have to become a mod for that. Maybe you'd also have to become... intimidating. 

I can be quite... intimidating when the need arises. I just need to wear a very serious looking mustache and talk like batman.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:52 PM, Ookla the Yay said:

Teach me your ways

You say "boom" while you're a mod and think really hard about [REDACTED].

On 12/4/2020 at 9:55 AM, Ookla the Yay said:

I just need to wear a very serious looking mustache and talk like batman.

I think that would make me adopt you, not make me intimidated