Dawnshards and Shards theories

Zorben

1. Knowing that the Dawnshards carry Commands, and that the Shards carry intent, I think that the reason a lot of the Shards have trouble acting is because they are Intent lacking Command (looking at you Harmony)
  2. I think Odium somehow was able to wield the Dawnshard Change, and used it to splinter the other Shards
  3. I think that Honor was somehow able to take the Dawnshard away from Odium (perhaps dying in the process). Stripped of the Command to Change, Odium has been bound to the Rosharan system
  4. Many have noted how similar the effects of the Dawnshard are to awakening. Its also been noted that Endowment seems to have some sort of plan against Odium. I think Endowment is creating a new Dawnshard, perhaps with a sufficient amount of Breath. It seems within the Intent of Endowment to Endow someone with a new Command.

I really doubt that a Dawnshard is needed for a Shard splinter to another Shard.

When talking to Kelsier in SH, Khriss says:
"Unraveling," Khriss said. “Only a slow death. Ati doesn’t know how to Splinter another Shard? Or he hasn’t the strength? Hmm. . . ”

She seems surprised that Ruin didn't take advantage of Splintered Preservation instead of doing it slowly.
Unless she doesn't know exactly how it works.

Edited by Raphaborn