Tribute to Alex Trebek

Mage

I would just like to take a moment to remember the greatest game show host of all time: Alex Trebek. Jeopardy was my childhood. I learned so much random--but good--stuff on that show. It was a fun activity that I would do with my family, and brought us closer together. So I'd like to thank Mr. Trebek for that. Rest in peace Alex.

Alex Trebek you defined my childhood in ways that few else have. You made learning a treat. To you I owe a debt that cannot ever be payed back. You were truly a class act of the highest order. My mother and I spent so many nights learning from you the most interesting things. Your impact on generations is almost without compare.  In your absence the world knows a void that was not there before. You truly were one for the ages. We will miss you Alex. Know that you have left a legacy behind that will long be remembered. 

I also today just checked out his autobiography from the library. My hold coincidentally came available on Saturday. It is really good, and I recommend it, though I will warn that there is some language. I got a copy of the audiobook, and the readers are Alex himself and Ken Jennings. It is really cool to know his story, along with the Alex we knew from TV.