Dawnshards and Investiture (Warbreaker Spoilers)

Glarg

I just woke up with a random idea this morning and I figured I'd see if anyone else was thinking along the same lines.

The sleepless want to make sure that Rysn doesn't bond a spren, in theory because Investiure could allow her to use her the dawnshard's power, which potentially could be world breaking. 

What would happen if Zahel or Hoid (or anyone else) gave her breaths? As we have previously seen with Vasher's dueling, this can be done against someone's will and quite easily. It seems to me like Rysn just became a world shattering weapon that could be unlocked by someone with easily transferable Investiture and a bit of knowledge. Hoid terrifies me now, as a person who states he'd burn the world to get what he wanted, and has previous knowledge of the power involved and a potential way to trigger it. 

5 hours ago, Glarg said:

What would happen if Zahel or Hoid (or anyone else) gave her breaths? As we have previously seen with Vasher's dueling, this can be done against someone's will and quite easily. It seems to me like Rysn just became a world shattering weapon that could be unlocked by someone with easily transferable Investiture and a bit of knowledge. Hoid terrifies me now, as a person who states he'd burn the world to get what he wanted, and has previous knowledge of the power involved and a potential way to trigger it. 

In theory she could become an unstoppable force of destruction, but Chiri-Chiri would probably devour the Breath instantly

Yeah, Zahel in particular isn't going anywhere near Chiri-Chiri.

I don't know if the larkin wants to prevent Rysn from getting any Investiture, or just protect her at this point. I would imagine he'd prevent her from breaking the world, but I don't know how invested (heh) he is in keeping the Dawnshard inactive compared to the Sleepless. I do believe that if Rysn got Breaths, she'd be able to use them to fuel the Dawnshard. Which raises the question... did Nikli specify a Nahel Bond for a reason, or just because that's the only Investiture that Rysn knows of?

Also, my guess is that Hoid's incapable of burning the world on his own due to his Dawnshard-affected pacifism. But he'd definitely let it happen.

So remember what Maize said to Shallan and how she was stuck, trapped to Roshar?  I think it's due to the type of investiture that she uses.  I think having Rysn bond a Spren would lock her physically onto Roshar as well, meaning that the Dawnshar itself would be trapped in the same system as Odium.

Now if Odium where to gain the power of the Dawnshard... i'm betting we'll have to RAFO.

Edited by estus

I think the dawnshard bestows a certain level of investiture innately. My reason for thinking this is that Rysn achieved at least a few levels of heightening after taking it on. The other supporting fact is that Hoid has reportedly been changed at the spiritual level from holding a dawnshard for a long time, which was compared to sevantism.

Regarding Chiri Chiri eating breaths, has it been confirmed that it can eat breaths? Stormlight has been shown to leak out of humans because their vessel doesn't hold stormlight very well, breaths do not have this flaw and can be held indefinitely.

13 hours ago, nochange said:

I think the dawnshard bestows a certain level of investiture innately. My reason for thinking this is that Rysn achieved at least a few levels of heightening after taking it on. The other supporting fact is that Hoid has reportedly been changed at the spiritual level from holding a dawnshard for a long time, which was compared to sevantism.

Regarding Chiri Chiri eating breaths, has it been confirmed that it can eat breaths? Stormlight has been shown to leak out of humans because their vessel doesn't hold stormlight very well, breaths do not have this flaw and can be held indefinitely.

I’m not sure if it’s confirmed specifically that larkin can eat Breath, but it is confirmed they can kill Zahel if given the chance. Whether that’s by eating his Divine Breath or just taking all his Stormlight away I don’t think we know.