If there was a harmonium misting or Ferring, what abilities would they have?

LifeBeforeDeath

Question

23 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, LifeBeforeDeath said:

Hold up...Why would they blow up?

Look at the coppermind for more info, but here's a taste.

Spoiler

Due to the merging of Ruin and Preservation's intents into Harmony, ettmetal's Spiritual aspect is in opposition with itself, leading to effects on the metal's Physical aspect, particularly its chemical properties, which makes it extremely reactive.[4][5] After reacting with water, residual ettmetal hydroxide is left behind, though the substance's properties are unknown.[6] The Southern Scadrians use ettmetal to create powerful bombs,[7] which the Set have been trying to replicate with limited success.[8]

25 minutes ago, LifeBeforeDeath said:

Also, I'm not sure it's everyone, just Scadrians (cuz it's their Investiture)

It's everyone. Hoid is not a Scadrain, but he was able to burn Lerasium. The same would go for Harmonium. Not sure about feruchemy. 

5 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Nope. It only blows up when touching water.

Hate to break it to you but you often have water on your skin. You aren't supposed to touch pottasium with your bare hands for this exact reason.

Though you wouldn't likely blow up, just get severe burns.

1 minute ago, Branf said:

Hate to break it to you but you often have water on your skin. You aren't supposed to touch pottasium with your bare hands for this exact reason.

Though you wouldn't likely blow up, just get severe burns.

Multiple times throughout BoM Wax held ettemetal, along with many other characters. Sure it still might happen, it would just be much safer to be a ferring.

3 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Multiple times throughout BoM Wax held ettemetal, along with many other characters. Sure it still might happen, it would just be much safer to be a ferring.

I don't remember them actually touching it, though do correct me if I'm wrong I don't have the ability to check the book right now. I thought it was contained inside devices like the little cube and the ship where there was some other metal around it.

2 minutes ago, Branf said:

I don't remember them actually touching it, though do correct me if I'm wrong I don't have the ability to check the book right now. I thought it was contained inside devices like the little cube and the ship where there was some other metal around it.

Personally I thought the cube was harmonium, and I might be wrong. If it's not ettemetal than I'm dead wrong.

On 09/11/2020 at 9:00 PM, Aspiring Writer said:

We don't know because they would blow up. And supposedly, because it's a god metal, anyone could technically burn it.

Can anyone burn atium (I thought that was the whole point with the Seers (atium mistings) in HoA)? A genuine question, not trying to be insulting.

Edited by The Titan God

7 hours ago, The Titan God said:

Can anyone burn atium (I thought that was the whole point with the Seers (atium mistings) in HoA)? A genuine question, not trying to be insulting.

4 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

No. Lerasium was unusual. It’s unclear whether or not everyone can burn Harmonium.

Well, actually it was supposed to be atium that was unusual. I talk about it a bit it in my Is Atium Fortune theory.

On 11/9/2020 at 3:59 AM, Aspiring Writer said:

It's everyone. Hoid is not a Scadrain, but he was able to burn Lerasium. The same would go for Harmonium. Not sure about feruchemy. 

That's pretty questionable evidence, considering that Hoid is technically of all 16 shards (assuming he is "of" Adonalsium) therefore he would have the same sort of connection to the powers that a Scadrian would have.

To be certain we'd really need someone from Nalthis or elsewhere to use a godmetal.

5 hours ago, Lunu’anaki said:

That's pretty questionable evidence, considering that Hoid is technically of all 16 shards (assuming he is "of" Adonalsium) therefore he would have the same sort of connection to the powers that a Scadrian would have.

To be certain we'd really need someone from Nalthis or elsewhere to use a godmetal.

He's exactly as connected to Harmony as people on first of the Sun, arguably less since he almost bounded a Shard

17th Shard

If a Mistborn burns lerasium, as in, not just ingests it, what effect would it grant Allomantically?

Brandon Sanderson

That is a RAFO. It would do something, but the thing you've gotta remember is that, when ingesting lerasium for the first time and gaining the powers, your body is actually burning it. Think of lerasium as a metal anyone can burn. Does that make sense? By burning it you gain access to those powers. It rewrites your spiritual DNA, and there are ways to do really cool things with lerasium that I don't see how anyone would know. Were most Mistborn to just burn it, it would rewrite their genetic code to increase their power as an Allomancer.

17th Shard Interview (Oct. 3, 2010)

I'm pretty sure if it was actually "anyone from Scardrial" he'd have said it, it'd be worth asking that question precisely though

8 hours ago, mathiau said:

I'm pretty sure if it was actually "anyone from Scardrial" he'd have said it, it'd be worth asking that question precisely though

Makes sense. I'd forgotten this WoB. Now the question seems to be if that property of lerasium transfers to harmonium or not, because we know atium couldn't just be burned by just anyone.

6 minutes ago, Lunu’anaki said:

Makes sense. I'd forgotten this WoB. Now the question seems to be if that property of lerasium transfers to harmonium or not, because we know atium couldn't just be burned by just anyone.

A mix of lerasium and atium could be burned by anyone and it'd make them atium mistings (and would probably have another possible effect if burned by a mistborn), but harmonium was confirmed not to be just a lerasium-atium mix so I think it'd depend on whether Sazed want it to be to be burnable by anyone. Based on the facts that it explode on contact with water and that Sazed could make more lerasium, I bet on no.

And as the actual effect burning/tapping it wouldd have : we have no idea

6 minutes ago, mathiau said:

A mix of lerasium and atium could be burned by anyone and it'd make them atium mistings (and would probably have another possible effect if burned by a mistborn), but harmonium was confirmed not to be just a lerasium-atium mix so I think it'd depend on whether Sazed want it to be to be burnable by anyone. Based on the facts that it explode on contact with water and that Sazed could make more lerasium, I bet on no.

And as the actual effect burning/tapping it wouldd have : we have no idea

Do we know that Sazed could make more Lerasium? I know he made Spook a Mistborn, but that was very early into his Shardhood and I don't think it was specifically done with the metal.

7 minutes ago, Lunu’anaki said:

Do we know that Sazed could make more Lerasium? I know he made Spook a Mistborn, but that was very early into his Shardhood and I don't think it was specifically done with the metal.

I had a link to this wob in my previous message

Questioner

Could [Sazed] also bring back lerasium beads, if he wanted to?

Brandon Sanderson

It would be within his power to do so, yes.

Also I'm pretty sure want happened to Spook is something else, he could probably do it to anyone, and will probably do it to Wax in or after TLM