Hello there!

Daggon Forescout

Hello There General Kenobi GIF - HelloThere GeneralKenobi StarWars -  Discover & Share GIFs

Welcome to the Shard Daggon! So happy to have you come join us! Do you happen to be a dragon with a penchant for losing rrrrs? (Dragon - r = ... yeah let's skip this one :P)

Sounds like you have been doing your research good on you! It's perfect timing to brush up on all those little details and ideas right before RoW so well done! :D What's the most critical detail you have found so far that you had forgotten (or c'mon momentarily chosen to just not remember :P)?

Look forward to seeing you around!

Edited by Scout_Fox
Forgot my General Kenobi... think I might have to retire

10 hours ago, Daggon Forescout said:

Been using the Coppermind for a while to help brush up on side characters and keep my history straight. Now in preparation for RoW I've been listening to some old Shardcasts. Figured it was about time I made an account here.

It is always a good time to join the shard, but yeah, now is one of those times. 

if you were to put a nunchuck wielding super cool fighting nun somewhere in the cosmere, where would you want them to be put, and do they get any of the planet’s shard’s abilities to make them even cooler?

8 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Hello and welcome! What’s your favourite Brandon book?

Mistborn 1 has a special place in my heart, as that's how I was first introduced to Brandon. That being said, if I had to pick a book to reread I think I'd probably pick Wax and Wayne 3, because that's just my kind of humor. My favorite scene in the cosmere is when Wax and crew are introducing themselves to that unfortunate innkeep.

4 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard Daggon! So happy to have you come join us! Do you happen to be a dragon with a penchant for losing rrrrs? (Dragon - r = ... yeah let's skip this one :P)

Sounds like you have been doing your research good on you! It's perfect timing to brush up on all those little details and ideas right before RoW so well done! :D What's the most critical detail you have found so far that you had forgotten (or c'mon momentarily chosen to just not remember :P)?

Look forward to seeing you around!

My name is actually an intentionally obscure reference to a cosmere character. As for critical details, I may or may not have forgotten that Ba-Ado-Mishram existed. In fact, the unmade in general kinda slipped into a blindspot for me.

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

It is always a good time to join the shard, but yeah, now is one of those times. 

if you were to put a nunchuck wielding super cool fighting nun somewhere in the cosmere, where would you want them to be put, and do they get any of the planet’s shard’s abilities to make them even cooler?

I'm gonna swap out those nunchucks for saber, just so I can imagine transplanting Julie d'Aubigny (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaBYLAOaSY) directly into the cosmere. Given that Mistborn Era 2 is one of the few places where women with her particular style of independence are somewhat accepted, I'd say it'd be hilarious to watch her tear across the Basin.

2 hours ago, Daggon Forescout said:

My name is actually an intentionally obscure reference to a cosmere character. As for critical details, I may or may not have forgotten that Ba-Ado-Mishram existed. In fact, the unmade in general kinda slipped into a blindspot for me.

Aha a much better naming than an rrr-less dragon (ok now I'm done :P)!

Ooh and good spot to get a refresher on I would say that would be one area (among many! :D) I could definitely look at some more too. Welcome again!

45 minutes ago, Mist said:

Welcome to the Shard! What order of Knight Radiant are you? What's your favorite magic system? 

According to the Knights' Radiant quiz I'm either a Willshaper or Elsecaller (71% vs 69% respectively), and of those I'd say I'd fit in a lot better with the Willshapers.

As for magic system: my introduction to Brandon was through Mistborn (a Christmas present), and I still believe that allomancy is the funnest magic system I've ever come across. When I'm lying in bed at 1:00am trying to fall asleep, I count coinshots skipping across the rooftops