IT"S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! (No Spoilers!)

Aspiring Writer

Here are Questions I had hoped would be answered in RoW. As we can see, I was over analyzing my brain off.

1. How is Szeth going to be integrated after his massive reputation as the Assassin in White? How are Kaladin and Jasnah going to react to him? Will Daliner have some hatred for the man despite seemingly accepting him? Will the monarchs want him dead? Will he let him go to Shinovar? Will we finally see him talk to his spren? How will people react to NightBlood? How will the SPREN react to Nightblood? How is everything going to react to Nightblood? I have so many questions!

2. How is Jasnah going to rule? What struggles will she be having, and what complications of her being a Radiant will that bring? How is the Vorin church going to react to a heretic being put on the throne? How is her rule going to look like? What's happening with Althkar; what is she going to decide to do about the occupation? How is she going to teach Jasnah (Edit: I meant Shallan!) with all of these new duties? I have so many questions!

3.What's happening with Adolin's and Daliner's Blades? Will we see Adolin become an Edgedancer? (The Spren is an Edgedancer one, right?) Will Daliner revive Oathrbinger and be a part of two orders? How will the Stormfather react to that, knowing that dead spren can be revived? And on the topic of Spren, what is happening with the Nightwatcher? Is someone going to bond her? PLEASE do, because that will be fascinating even without the possibility of Old Magic.

4. Vasher/Zahel and Azure/Vivenna need explaining. What's happened? What character drama shall I be eagerly devouring? Why is he there, why did he give up Nightblood, how will he react to seeing Nightblood again, will we see him awaken and start helping, what's Azure going to do when she finds him? I have so many questions!

5. What's happening with the Heralds? How will people react to them? What do they know? Will Jasnah actually kill them? I. Have. So. Many. Questions.

6. What letters are we going to see from Hoid this book? Are we going to see new Shards? Is it going to be responses to previous ones? Something else entirely? What is Hoid doing? I have way too many questions!

7. What's happening with Sja-anat? Will someone bond her? Will she successfully turn? How would all the Spren react to that when they all hate her? WIll the Stromfather be against it? What order would be, bondsmith? What do the Gostbloods want with her? What are the goals of the Ghostbloods? I HAVE SO MANY STORMING QUESTIONS!

So those are a few of my tortured thoughts and questions. Please leave yours below. (Also, NO PREVIEW SPOILERS. If you post anything that spoils anything, shame on you.)

Edited by Aspiring Writer

I really want to see what happens with Kaladin, since he was starting to question a lot of things at the end of Oathbringer.  

I'd also like to know what the succession situation is for Alethkar.  Is Jasnah Queen Regent until Gavinor comes of age?  Is she just going to be queen from now on?  What is happening to the Sadeas princedom, since that clearly must have taken a hit after Thaylen City.

And random note, the title of this thread immediately made me think 'off-key kazoo'

3 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I really want to see what happens with Kaladin, since he was starting to question a lot of things at the end of Oathbringer.  

I'd also like to know what the succession situation is for Alethkar.  Is Jasnah Queen Regent until Gavinor comes of age?  Is she just going to be queen from now on?  What is happening to the Sadeas princedom, since that clearly must have taken a hit after Thaylen City.

And random note, the title of this thread immediately made me think 'off-key kazoo'

All interesting things. Despite what some think, politics in stories are so FASCINATING. And yeah, I need to see how Kaladin being 'child of Tanavast' leads up to.

Also, what's Off-key Kazoo?

5 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I literally came here just to post that :P

I’m trying not to go into the book with too many expectations because that ended up backfiring for me in Oathbringer. But I do want to see the Ghostbloods some more.

3 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

All interesting things. Despite what some think, politics in stories are so FASCINATING. And yeah, I need to see how Kaladin being 'child of Tanavast' leads up to.

Also, what's Off-key Kazoo?

I agree, politics in stories are really fun to read.  

The song 'The Final Countdown' by Europe, has a lyric that is literally the same as the thread title, and my friend and I came up with off-key kazoo during the Kickstarter final minutes, since there's an instrumental part right after that reminiscent of a kazoo.  If you listen to the song, it makes more sense.

Edit: we picked it up from somewhere.

Edited by Spren of Kindness

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I agree, politics in stories are really fun to read.  

The song 'The Final Countdown' by Europe, has a lyric that is literally the same as the thread title, and my friend and I came up with off-key kazoo during the Kickstarter final minutes, since there's an instrumental part right after that reminiscent of a kazoo.  If you listen to the song, it makes more sense.

Saw it and my only two answers are 'Yes' and 'relatable'.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I literally came here just to post that :P

I’m trying not to go into the book with too many expectations because that ended up backfiring for me in Oathbringer. But I do want to see the Ghostbloods some more.

Explain yourself.

1 minute ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I know it from this vine 

Edit: welp, got ninja’d

This happens way too much. Clearly, I am a chromium ferring without even knowing it.

I finished Dawnshard this weekend but there’s no way I’m going to be able to finish the last 1.5 books in the Spellmonger series before Tuesday... but SA definitely gets priority lol. I will have to take a break from Mancour and finish that series after RoW.