What did the mural say?

Kapin

5 minutes ago, Kapin said:

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but I remember there being text around the mural in a language that Rysn had never seen. Did we ever figure out what that text said or what language it was?

I don’t believe we did, but I did notice that Rysn said that the words were the real treasure. Sounds awfully important to me.

19 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

If this is a recording of the Command, it would have to be a Yolish language, as the Dawnshards predate the Shattering.

That would be my guess as well. And it makes a lot of sense - every major magic system we've seen so far shares some elements with the magic from Yolen (minor spoilers on Yolish magic):

Spoiler

Roshar: Yolen had some magic similar to Surges. Definitely Lightweaving, and microkinesis seems a lot like supercharged Division

Scadrial: the significance of numbers (4 & 16) as well as metals (Dragonsteel)

Nalthis: the use of Commands in Awakening and the effects of Heightenings are quite similar to how Dawnshards work

On Taldain and minor Shardworlds magic comes from interacting with the surrounding world (almost always local lifeforms) and Yolen had two competing ecosystems, one of which seems definitely magical

Sel uses symbols/shapes/form as a Focus of all types of local magic, so I would assume some kind of magical language or symbols must have existed on Yolen

Edited by KandraAllomancer