Dawnshard made me do it

Skybreakdancer

10 minutes ago, Skybreakdancer said:

Hoid! (Kidding)

The Emperor's Soul was my gateway book, so Shai has a special place in my heart. I also love the look into the "real" Breeze we finally get by HoA.

But if I'm being honest with myself, I'm probably a Galladon, kolo?

The emperors soul is like the last cosmere one I read lol, but Shai is super cool. I love the magic system of Forgery and I so hope we get to see more of Shai later.

How did you end up reading that first? My first cosmere book ended up me looking at the Way of Kings and deciding I’d read the entire thing, though it was the biggest book I’d ever seen.

I actually had a totally backward a** journey through the cosmere. I got into Stormlight as a listener to The Duke and Duchess Podcast and only vaguely understood there was so much more to the world.

Then I went on to the standalones: Warbreaker --> EmpSoul --> Shadows for Silence --> Elantris. And THEN Mistborn 1/2.

...needless to say that this is NOT the way I recommend it to my friends haha it took a lot of Coppermind wiki searches to figure out what the heck was going on.

Welcome! I love your name :) 

what’s your favorite cover art of any of Brandon’s books? My personal favorites are the French/Germany covers of all the SA books. 

Have you read the rest of arcanum unbounded? Sixth of dusk, white sand, secret history... all the rest that I’m blanking on. If you haven’t, you should! Shadows for Silence and Sixth of Dusk are my favorites behind SA and Elantris. 

12 minutes ago, Hentient said:

Welcome! I love your name :)

Thanks! It was either that or "Hoid the Dor," but I figured I'd spare everyone the GoT puns.

what’s your favorite cover art of any of Brandon’s books? My personal favorites are the French/Germany covers of all the SA books. 

Ya know, it never even crossed my mind to look at the other countries' cover art. I'm finding new rabbit holes already ;)

Have you read the rest of arcanum unbounded? Sixth of dusk, white sand, secret history... all the rest that I’m blanking on. If you haven’t, you should! Shadows for Silence and Sixth of Dusk are my favorites behind SA and Elantris. 

Yup! So I've made my way through all the (canon) cosmere works, except for White Sand. I'm just not much of a graphic novel person -- then again, if anyone could change my mind its probably Brandon.  Obviously excited for WoR, but after that I'm thinking WoK Prime...what do you think?

1 hour ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard! So what Knights Radiant Order would you be in? 

The quiz confirmed what I already suspected, that I'd be a Skybreaker.  But one of the good ones!  I'm a lawyer by trade, so obviously adherence to the rule of law is deeply engraved within me haha

That said, I'm all about the [Oathbringer spoiler]

Spoiler

Szeth/Lift buddy cop movie. The Skybreaker/Edgedancer pairing we all need, which I respectfully submit should be called....

Skybreakdancer

Edited by Skybreakdancer
Sorry still haven't figured out how to specify spoiler warnings yet

4 minutes ago, Skybreakdancer said:

The quiz confirmed what I already suspected, that I'd be a Skybreaker.  But one of the good ones!  I'm a lawyer by trade, so obviously adherence to the rule of law is deeply engraved within me haha

That said, I'm all about the [Oathbringer spoiler]

Reveal hidden contents

Szeth/Lift buddy cop movie. The Skybreaker/Edgedancer pairing we all need, which I respectfully submit should be called....

Skybreakdancer

Ooh

Who's your least favourite character in the Cosmere so far? 

Welcome to the Shard Skybreakdancer! I so agree with Hentient I absolutely love the name! Dost thou slay with the sickest dance moves instead of sword?? :P

So happy Dawnshard got you to level up from lurker that means the secret plot is working otherwise we wouldn't have gotten to meet you! :D Man have you most certainly had a crazy path through the Cosmere! I can only imagine finally figuring out it was all connected must have been like :blink:

Skybreaker is perfect for a lawyer as well that's awesome that translated so perfectly! And a good one ofc we need more of them :D Look forward to seeing you around!