Sleepless

Odeem

Sanderson got me too. I was assuming the whole time someone on the ship would be an Aimian, but still didn’t suspect Nikli until the scene from his viewpoint, which was quite a “well, duh” moment. I think I didn’t suspect him because he was already in Rysn’s service before she decided to go on the trip.

8 minutes ago, Czernobog said:

I immediately assumed Nikli was siah, once tattoos were mentioned. Didn't expect him to be dysian. 

Looking back at Oathbringer, the Dysian on First Dreams that poisoned everyone has similar tattoos. That is such a small detail given how unimportant that chapter was to OB that of course I did not remember. Perhaps that impostor was also Nikli. The one in the interlude says they warned the crew not to come multiple times instead of killing them in the beginning, which is not the tactic of all of the Sleepless.

For some reason the tattoo mention went completely and 100% over my head. I'm assuming part of it is as @Neithan said - I didn't suspect him either because he was in service to Rysn before the trip was even scheduled. All in all, I'm thrilled at what we learned but I want MORE lol. I'm sure everyone is on the same page with that bit though. Just two weeks to go, really need to buy me a copy lol.

Yeah, I figured there'd be a sleepless saboteur, but I could not figure out who it was because everyone involved with the ship seemed to have been with it before they went on the journey. The explanation of that at the end made sense - Nikli was sent to watch over the larkin.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:25 PM, Odeem said:

Soooo.. was I the only one playing Spot the Aimian and failed horribly for an embarrassingly long amount of time? I didn't make the connection despite the tattoos being referenced until just before Rysn figured it out.

I had it narrowed down to him and his assistant.