1,240 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Kings_way said:

You, can't, leave, us, @Condensation!

This is one of the most painful things that I have ever seen. Hand over the first three commas or else the Canton of Inquisition will arrest you!

*sigh* Nope, I'm just... nope. Nope. Nope.

If this is what the sign-ups thread is like, I'm not sure I want to see what will happen when we start discussing lynches....

17 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

If this is what the sign-ups thread is like, I'm not sure I want to see what will happen when we start discussing lynches....

I plan on enforcing some things to clear up the threads :P Hopefully everyone will be happy.

But yeah, can we not comment on here anymore unless it's rule questions? Thanks. Probably should have said that sooner.

Does this MR have 48 hour cycles?

2 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Does this MR have 48 hour cycles?

Yeah.

Signups (and this thread) are closed! PM's are being sent out with the much-appreciated help of Lotus. The game will begin ASAP! 

Darius Lorian, Obligator of the glorious Steel Ministry and a member of the Canton of Orthodoxy, wore a brown cloak that covered his face in shadow. It was a tactful clothing choice, as he could roam the streets of Luthadel without the general public shying away from his eye tattoos naming him an open follower of the Lord Ruler. Darius wondered why Obligators such as himself had that effect on people in the Lord Ruler’s own kingdom. They were the proclaimers of justice!

Darius had no specific motive on this day for this walk, he merely couldn’t handle work inside the Ministry to be a constant. Darius Lorian liked his breaks.

As he moved down the gloomy streets, he noticed a brief shadow appear on the wall beside him. Darius turned to see if a small animal was what was there, or if it was something else. As he turned, he saw that it was not a small animal, but instead a large figure in a hood like his own.

Though the hood covered the finer details of the face in shadow, Darius could see the two spikes driven through the figure’s eyes.

Darius let out a squeak and jumped back, but quickly regained his composure. The Canton of Inquisition was not always a welcome sight. Hardly ever, in fact. Especially now, with rumors of a struggle breaking out between the Cantons.

He stammered out a greeting, making sure not to offend the creature. “Lord Inquisitor, sir, what brings you to me?”

The Inquisitor chose to stay true to its reputation and was silent, but gestured to a nearby alley way. Darius did not hesitate to comply with the thing’s wishes, whatever was in store for him there couldn’t be worse than disobedience to a Steel Inquisitor.

As soon as they were out of sight from the common people, the Inquisitor wasted no time in extracting a dagger from inside its cloak and stabbing it into Darius’s chest. He gasped and collapsed onto his knees, blood flowing onto the dirt ground.

Only now did the Inquisitor speak, and Darius had to struggle to hear the words through his anguish. “Times are changing. The Cantons cannot work together for long. Inquisition will reign.” Darius closed his eyes. He could feel the life seeping out of him.

The Inquisitor bent down to be sure that Darius heard his final words: “You are only the beginning of sorrows, a symbol to the others. Many more Obligators will fall. The Final Empire will belong to the Canton of Inquisition, as it should have been from the beginning.”

The Inquisitor left Darius lying in his own blood, wondering what he could have possibly done to deserve such a fate.

Darius Lorain has died! He was an Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy!

Cycle One has begun! The cycle will end in approximately 48 hours, on Sunday, November 15th at 1 pm PST. The following cycle will begin soon thereafter.

• Darius Lorian was an NPC for the sake of flavor in the writeup, and has no influence on distribution or wincons.
  • PMs are open. Group PMs are not allowed. Include myself, Lotus, and Devotary in any PMs made.
  • The lynch has a one vote minimum. Tied lynches will be randomly decided.
  • If you did not receive your PM, message me and that will quickly be fixed.

Important: The signups thread got a little cluttered with unnecessary posts, and I don't want that kind of thing to affect the game and those who may not want to participate in them. I would request that straight RPing, other random conversations, and things like that which are unrelated to the game be strictly in PMs. For the thread's sake and for the other players' sake, please respect this guideline. Thank you.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Chasmgoat - Mr. Goat
  2. @Quinn0928 - Sedra
  3. @Ashbringer - Faleast
  4. @Bearer of all agonies
  5. @Whysper
  6. @Illwei
  7. @Somebody from Sel - Somebody F. Inquisitive
  8. @Gears - Runern Evo
  9. @eltruT - Turtle
  10. @Mist - Tria Noche
  11. @Kings_way - Flamel
  12. @Danex - Notani N Quisitor, Murder Hornet Trainer and Comically Large Sunglasses Enthusiast.
  13. @Ghanderflaffle - Kriti
  14. @Shard of Reading - Reading
  15. @Ventyl - Bateaux
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. @Condensation - Connie
  18. @JesterLavorre
  19. @The Happy Obligator - Noorden
  20. @Vapor
  21. @Amanuensis - Vigor
  22. @Flyingbooks42 - Kesilen (Alloise)

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Sorry about the broken player list :P

Should I have a PM? Also, your... Player List is a little weird there. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Should I have a PM? Also, your... Player List is a little weird there. Sorry.

I double-checked and your PM should be sent.

Just now, Lotus said:

I double-checked and your PM should be sent.

I haven't gotten anything, let me check again.

The PM might be dated a few days ago, even a week ago.

Yeah, check back a few days. Also hiiiiii. 

I guess I can play hehehe. 

On 11/11/2020 at 9:30 PM, Mist said:

I'm withdrawing. Sorry Mat.

I can play I guess and I could throw off balancing if I leave so I'll play

HI!

So, I'm going to be less active in this game (hah, yeah right) because I'm putting most of my time towards college apps right now. :))))

Hoenstly, probably won't be less active than normal...but...you know, I'm going to try not to live here this game :P

Just now, Mist said:

I think @Channelknight Fadran might have wanted to play? You could ask him to replace you with Mat's permission.

I'm going to try to be more active this time, which I know I said last time, but it's true this time.

1 minute ago, Mist said:

:o Oh gosh I read that as you were withdrawing from the discussion about the paper cuts and inquisitors, not the game. I'm soooo sorry. Dang!

Yeah, I'd like if there was a player. Fadran, if you want to fill in, don't post here again, but PM me. 

Just now, Vapor said:

I'm going to try to be more active this time, which I know I said last time, but it's true this time.

Haha. I mean, last time you posted reads and stuff, technically could be counted as more active than not posting reads :P

Except first game, just jumping in can be a little interesting. 

Also, I would say don't post on this thread, Fadran.

Just now, Illwei said:

Haha. I mean, last time you posted reads and stuff, technically could be counted as more active than not posting reads :P

Very true.

Chasmgoat, why should you not be voted out edit: for now?

Edit: @Chasmgoat

Edited by Mist