Okay, so. Important thing: TLR scanned Fadran and found them to be village.

Also, before you protest that TLR can't scan two turns in a row, they actually can. It isn't "one successful scan every other turn", it's "one successful scan every two turns" (edit: to clarify, a successful scan is one that isn't RBd and whose target doesn't die that same turn). So, TLR aligned village C1 and then:

C2: Scanned Ash (village)
C3: No scan allowed

C4: Scanned Ventyl (village, but died so it doesn't count)
C5: Scanned AnonObligator

C6: Scanned Fadran (village)
C7: sadly, this time TLR won't be able to scan.

Edited by Quinn0928

ok, so, I am sorry I wasn't able to post the last cycle

anyway, I am nervous about voting anyone since every time I think I have everything understood, I end up being wrong. I would appreciate it if anyone were to help me out here and give their opinions on everyone.

I still think Bearer is Elim, I don’t think that the entire team is Inactive, just most of them. The Elim who was been submitting all the kills might’ve been inactive, but Elim!Bearer thought that they would just submit the kill like they had been. 

Im still confused as to how TLR could do a scan this cycle. He scanned AnonOb last cycle successfully, how could he do Fadran this time? And why couldn’t he do one next cycle after Fadran, if he could do one after AnonOb?

As many of you know, tomorrow begins a great celebration! And while Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and it is great, it's not what I'm referencing. For tomorrow Ookla season begins!

Ookla season is the period between Peter Ahlstrom and Brandon's birthdays, where Sharders all around change their username to 'Ookla the ___' or some form of that. I myself will participate, and expect many of you will as well. Of course, it's easy to see why this is a bane for GMs all around. I'd appreciate if all players in this game who participate in this tradition do the following:

1. Keep your profile photo the same. From what I've heard that's what people mainly identify Sharders by, so a username and pfp change is a bit much, both for the players and myself.
  2. Put some form of your original username either as your rank/member title, or in your signature. This helps everyone identify who you are if it isn't already clear.
  3. When voting, use the original username. This makes it much, much easier for me to keep track of the tally. The same goes for titling PMs.

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Danex said:

Im still confused as to how TLR could do a scan this cycle. He scanned AnonOb last cycle successfully, how could he do Fadran this time? And why couldn’t he do one next cycle after Fadran, if he could do one after AnonOb?

The Lord Ruler's scan ability is available once every two cycles after they align with a faction. Only successful scans count as a usage. A scan on a target that is killed the same turn does not count as successful. This means that if the Lord Ruler aligned on C1, their ability would be available for a successful use once during C2-C3, once during C4-C5, and so on.

18 hours ago, Ookla's Dice said:

The following players are receiving an inactivity warning: @Whysper, @Channelknight Fadran, and @Chasmgoat. If they do not post this cycle I will look for a replacement.

Ack, sorry about the inactivity. :( I've been somewhat busy with other things and kind of forgot about keeping up with this game.

I admit part of this is due to how the extensive usage of PMs in this game detracts from it. There's already less posting in general on this site than other Forum Mafia sites. The PMs just reduce the thread messages even further to where there's not much to actually go by when reading people. Usually Forum Mafia games either don't have PMs at all or have them severely limited, like only between certain individuals and/or for a limited period (like 1 or 2 charges). The LG71 game at least limited it to the night cycle, and I see that the new LG72 game has it based on charges, which is even better.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. :) I need to go to bed now, but I'll try to review the last cycle tomorrow and see where we are at. :)

Okay, I wanted to review the posts for Bearer, but I can't seem to find them. Did Bearer change their name to one of the Ooklas? Half of the Ooklas have nicely put their real name in their title, but the other half hasn't, so hard to tell.

Anyway, I know have in my spreadsheet that I was suspecting both Bearer and Aman since C1. I'm actually surprised Aman hasn't been replaced due to inactivity. I think I had seen that it was partly due to Internet problems, so maybe that's why. And I don't recall seeing much from Bearer along the way.

I'll add my vote to Bearer for now, though I'd like a chance to review their posts if I could just figure out where they are. :)

30 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Okay, I wanted to review the posts for Bearer, but I can't seem to find them. Did Bearer change their name to one of the Ooklas? Half of the Ooklas have nicely put their real name in their title, but the other half hasn't, so hard to tell.

Anyway, I know have in my spreadsheet that I was suspecting both Bearer and Aman since C1. I'm actually surprised Aman hasn't been replaced due to inactivity. I think I had seen that it was partly due to Internet problems, so maybe that's why. And I don't recall seeing much from Bearer along the way.

I'll add my vote to Bearer for now, though I'd like a chance to review their posts if I could just figure out where they are. :)

You can just click Bearer's tag in the player's list in the first post. It seems they have changed their name to Ookla the Tortured.

On 11/25/2020 at 5:37 PM, Danex said:

Well I’m just gonna do my same vote as before, Bearer. The fact that the Elims didn’t send in a kill further supports my claim that the Elims are mainly inactives. 

Danex, I'm not inactive. Why have you been targeting me for the reason that I don't post enough, even though we post about the same amount.

I still don't have a vote.

14 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

I'll vote for Bearer as well. We'll have to look for players active till the last cycle, but not during the last. Chasmgoat and Whysper fit the bill as well, but I was reading them as village earlier in the game.

I don't see why you and Danex are voting for Bearer as an inactive. They weren't inactive. In fact, they've been pretty consistently posting at least once per cycle, and last cycle was no exception. The only people who didn't post last cycle were Chasm, Whysper, Fadran, and Aman. If you want to target someone for inactivity, they're the ones to look at.

Now, if you want to look through Bearer's posts for reasoning I guess that's fine, but voting them off because of "inactivity" just doesn't make any sense.

9 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

I don't see why you and Danex are voting for Bearer as an inactive. They weren't inactive. In fact, they've been pretty consistently posting at least once per cycle, and last cycle was no exception. The only people who didn't post last cycle were Chasm, Whysper, Fadran, and Aman. If you want to target someone for inactivity, they're the ones to look at.

Now, if you want to look through Bearer's posts for reasoning I guess that's fine, but voting them off because of "inactivity" just doesn't make any sense.

As seen from LG71, in which there was a cycle without elim kill, the elim team do not have to be completely inactive to not submit a kill. In fact, among the players you mentioned, Whysper and Chasmgoat had been online on the Shard, they just hadn't posted in the thread. As I told in my post, I was reading Chasm and Whysper as village earlier in the game, and Aman tried killing Bearer in D1. Besides, Aman was inactive in the middle cycles when you blocked Gears, so there has to be someone else submitting elim kills. 

15 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

As seen from LG71, in which there was a cycle without elim kill, the elim team do not have to be completely inactive to not submit a kill. In fact, among the players you mentioned, Whysper and Chasmgoat had been online on the Shard, they just hadn't posted in the thread. As I told in my post, I was reading Chasm and Whysper as village earlier in the game, and Aman tried killing Bearer in D1. Besides, Aman was inactive in the middle cycles when you blocked Gears, so there has to be someone else submitting elim kills. 

I actually checked and every single person in the game was on the site at some point during last cycle. My point isn't necessarily that we shouldn't suspect Bearer. I just am not thrilled with the idea that the first two people who voted for them did so because of "inactivity" when that is neither true nor enough of a reason to vote anyone off right now.

Edited by Quinn0928

Just now, Danex said:

I voted Bearer because of inactivity + voted for Illwei with poor reasoning (Illwei had been attacking Gears) + generally strange voting behavior. So 3 reasons, not just inactivity. 

Yeah, that makes sense...

I guess what I really mean is that it alarms me that you (and TJ) didn't originally present that evidence (I mean I guess you may have last cycle, I don't recall, but) it feels like you voted for Bearer because they seemed like an easy scapegoat for being supposedly inactive, and now you're going back and retrospectively justifying it. 

I should probably just let it go, though... I don't intend to vote for Bearer because I know next to nothing about them, but I can't really fault you for looking into their earlier posts and drawing conclusions from that.

10 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

I don't like the Bearer vote, but that's mostly because they're new.

I definitely am new, and inexperienced. So if I gave off the wrong vibes, that's my fault. Hmmmm. I was going to go with Danex, but I don't think that they are an elim. Whysper on the other hand, might be. They have been inactive, and are blaming me for being inactive. Also, they said they would review my posts as reasoning and still hasn't haven't done that. Also Whysper just jumped on the Me bandwagon, right after TJ Shade voted for me. Whysper.

Edited by Ookla the Tortured

Bearer sat in the corner, bearing the knowledge of his death. He didn’t know why he had been singled out. He was just a new recruit to the Imperium, hailing from a noble house not too far from Kredik Shaw. He was loyal! When Bearer signed up for the Ministry he didn’t expect an inner war, much less one that would occur in his death. 

Bearer felt inside himself, at his metal reserves. They might give him freedom, if it came to that. He wasn’t sure if he would fight for his life. There were so many others. 

As he sat contemplating this, one of those others- one that he didn’t recognize- slipped past and covertly dropped something. Leaning over, Bearer found a metal vial! He quizzically looked up at the figure walking away, but they did not look back. Feeling excited, Bearer downed the shavings and felt a new reserve appear within himself. A new metal? Incredible! 

Just then, the mob gathered around him, appearing out of the shadows in an instant. Bearer jumped to his feet and burned the new metal he had been given, hoping it was something of preservation.

His reserves vanished, every last one of them. Bearer gasped in surprise, then fell to his knees. He had been tricked, well and truly.

He didn’t even try to stop the mob as they closed in.

Sedra swiftly walked pointedly away from the site of Bearer's death. She hadn't been thrilled with the decision, and had shook her head in disgust when he had been revealed to be an Obligator. And had simply stormed off when empty metal vials were found on his person.

Besides, if might be smarter to be away from the others. She was sure some knew of her cantononical allegiance, and didn't want to be targeted for it. Of course, if she had been spotted leaving this might not go super well, but she couldn't afford to worry about that.

~~Swoosh~~

Sedra stopped, halting in the middle of the street. Had that been an Inquisitor, come to slay her in the midst of her thoughts? She drew her dagger and stood in a stance poising her ready to leap any direction.

A knife hurled out of a nearby alleyway. Sedra lunged to the side, but was not fast enough. It pierced her side, sending her to the ground in a heap.

The figure she had seen earlier strode past, but leaned down to wrench the knife from her dying body. With her last breath, Sedra heard the words spoken by the creature. "Say hello to Runern for me." Then the figure was gone, and so was Sedra.

Bearer of all agonies/Ookla the Tortured was lynched! He was an Obligator and a Mistborn!

Quinn0928 was killed! She was an Obligator and a member of the Canton of Inquisition!

Vote Count:

• Bearer of all agonies/Ookla the Tortured (3): Danex, TJ Shade, Whysper
  • Whysper (1): Bearer of all agonies/Ookla the Tortured

Cycle Eight has begun! The cycle will end in 48 hours on Sunday, November 29th, at 1pm PST.

• PM's are DOWN! This means that all players can send one PM per cycle, effective immediately. This does not count GM PMs. Creating a new PM counts, however. If you do this, make sure to include myself (Ookla's Dice), Devotary (Ookla the Hypodecadal) and Lotus.
  • The lynch has a one vote minimum, with ties resulting in RNG deciding between tied parties.
  • The following player is receiving a warning for inactivity: @Amanuensis. If they do not post this cycle they will be replaced.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Chasmgoat - Mr. Goat
  2. Quinn0928 - Sedra - Obligator of the Canton of Inquisition
  3. Ashbringer - Faleast - Obligator
  4. Bearer of all agonies/Ookla the Tortured - Obligator and Mistborn
  5. @Whysper
  6. Illwei - Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy
  7. @Somebody from Sel - Somebody F. Inquisitive
  8. Gears - Runern Evo - Spiked Inquisitor
  9. eltruT - Turtle - Obligator
  10. @Ookla the Channelknight - Nardaf
  11. @Kings_way - Flamel
  12. @Danex - Notani N Quisitor, Murder Hornet Trainer and Comically Large Sunglasses Enthusiast.
  13. Ghanderflaffle - Kriti - Obligator
  14. Shard of Reading - Reading - Obligator
  15. Ventyl - Bateaux - Obligator
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. Condensation - Connie - Obligator of the Canton of Inquisition
  18. @JesterLavorre
  19. @Sart - Noorden
  20. @Vapor
  21. @Amanuensis - Vigor
  22. Flyingbooks42 - Kesilen (Alloise) - Obligator

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
30 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

ok... so what information do we have on TJ Shade, they seem to be a part of many of the lynches.

I thought TJ and Illwei were Elim/vil so I'm still a little sus if him