1,240 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Okay, so I've been debating this in my head but I think voting Ghander makes sense, so I'll join you. She was the only one who not only voted me over Gears, but also did it without providing any reasoning at all. 

I said that was a gut read.

I never really read Gears as elim. Quinn always seemed more suspicious to me. It's more biased than anything else, I just always felt like Quinn was suspicious. I don’t really have any information to defend myself with as my main PM partner was Fadran. I am a nice vanilla obligator who's been kinda useless. I generally stay very quiet and hide whenever I play this type of game as an elim. (See the last QF) 

34 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

my main PM partner was Fadran.

Was?

9 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

I never really read Gears as elim. Quinn always seemed more suspicious to me. It's more biased than anything else, I just always felt like Quinn was suspicious. I don’t really have any information to defend myself with as my main PM partner was Fadran. I am a nice vanilla obligator who's been kinda useless. I generally stay very quiet and hide whenever I play this type of game as an elim. (See the last QF) 

You never read Gears as Elim? Really that's so sus. It's biased on what? And she is playing very suboptimal if she is an Elim so I don't think she's sus anymore. Since you do this normally I would think you wouldn't do it this time. 

All in all Ghander

8 hours ago, Kings_way said:

Was?

I got busy and after Fadran's little mistake between me and Turtle we kinda stopped PMing.

I suppose I kind of let the fact that Gears has always claimed elim and never gotten it (until now) make me biased. There's not really a ton I can say in my defense or any information I can share because I don’t have a Canton, but I am not an elim.

10 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

You never read Gears as Elim? Really that's so sus. 

Okay look, in all fairness I did read Gears as very village, and have throughout this whole game.

That being said, I still voted him, since there was basically no way he wasn't an elim. I just have a hard time believing that Ghander didn't catch that... So I'm keeping my vote where it is.

Edit: @Somebody from Sel Thank you? I think? That sort of sounded like an insult, but at the same time you've concluded I'm village, so I won't complain

Edited by Quinn0928

Alright, first off, I'm taking my vote off TJ Shade. That vote was based off of only analyzing Cycle One, so I figured it would change eventually.

Speaking of, let's analyze the posts from Gears in Cycle 2:

Voting history omitted for brevity

Thoughts: @Somebody from Sel needs to offer reasoning more. They keep saying things without anything. @Bearer of all agonies needs to provide reasoning as well. @Illwei, I ask why you voted Vapor.

The vote count: A vote was removed from Illwei. This could be to kill Aman or to protect Illwei. Either way, the culprit probably lies among Aman voters, as everyone else could have simply voted Aman then vote manip-ed to ensure the desired outcome.

The kill: Apparently, roleblocks show in the write-up. I've never encountered this before. This does decrease my certainty that Reading is TLR. 

The roleblock plan: It doesn't work in practice, since elims can send co-ordinated chains. Theoretically, we could trace this back, but that would reveal the origin of the chains.

All of your other reads are ones I either agree with or don't remember enough about the person to say anything against, but I don't agree with you on this one. I think that an elim wouldn't want to draw attention to the option of being roleblocked, since that instantly narrows the pool of possible kill submitters. A villager wants to ask questions and get answers. I too advocated that TLR join the elims, and you have nothing on me. I can understand a gut read, but I think your reasoning is flawed.

I find it interesting that Gears attacked Illwei for voting on @Vapor, even after Illwei flipped villager. Perhaps he expected Aman to die instead. Regardless, this makes me lean elim on Vapor, so I'm putting my vote on them.

I was referring to my statements that TLR should ally with the elims if they are doing well. While I did state that TLR should ally with the village in the case of actually wanting to make a difference in this world, I also said that TLR should join the elims in the event of probable victory. I probably overstated this in the post you quoted.

TJ Shade points out a contradiction from Gears, because Gears never explicitly advocated for the Lord Ruler to side with the elims, until the previous post. This makes me read village on TJ.

I have gotten messages about two people, though one of those was brought up as an aside during other communications. I would be willing to share the information. 

Gears starts laying a fake trail, conveniently omitting that he was one of the two people. This leads to a quick train on Gears from Turtle and Quinn.  Strangely, Danex never votes for Gears. That makes me read Elim on him.

I didn't say Danex PMed me. I was PMed by a person who said that Danex PMed them that Quinn was roleblocked. I could reveal their identities, if you like.

Alright, I wasn't going to reveal your identity, but you PMed me that you were told Quinn was roleblocked. You could have gotten PMed about me and Quinn, but then why not be honest about it?

Gears tells the truth here that Turtle laid a fake trail to him. However, that was done to divert the train on him. It's interesting that Ghander defends Gears after this post. Slight elim read for that.

@Channelknight Fadran said that someone told them that you told them Quinn was roleblocked. I know nothing beyond that. 

Gears tries to throw Fadran under the bus. I doubt he would do that if they were teammates, so I'm leaning village on Fadran. Interestingly, Books defends Gears, but later is revealed as a villager. Somebody from Sel, Ventyl, Whysper, and TJ join the Gears train.

Reading briefly starts the train on Turtle, before going to Gears. Fadran resumes the vote on Turtle. I'm willing to soft-clear the people on this early train. So, Quinn (obviously), Somebody from Sel, Ventyl, Whysper, and TJ Shade I read as Village.

I don't have much to say. The chain says I was roleblocked. I didn't submit an action last cycle, so I don't know the veracity of that statement. I know my alignment, so there are a few options. 1. Reading is Spiked/TLR and I was roleblocked/people said I roleblocked. 2. The killer was roleblocked, that roleblocker didn't participate in the chain, and I was roleblocked/people said I was roleblocked. How can I defend myself? The evidence against me is coincidence and hearsay that happens to make quite a bit of sense. What do you want me to say? I'd be alright with a turtle lynch, since they lied to me (though they could have done that as a villager or elim), and I want the slightest hope of surviving. 

Gears joins the turtle lynch, surprise surprise. Books, Danex and Ghander continue the opposing chain on Turtle. This makes me really sour on Danex.

We've reached a moderate level of understanding, but I still have questions.

Quick summary: The chain says that I was roleblocked. I do not know if this is the case, since I did not submit an action. Danex passed on this message to turtle, who decided to lie to me about it, and told me Quinn was roleblocked. They also asked Fadran to do the same thing. I told Quinn that the chain told me they'd been roleblocked. Quinn told me that the chain said I'd been roleblocked. We all ran about like confused headless chickens. 

Strange thing: turtle says that the Quinn message came back around to them. I did not pass on the Quinn message (except telling Quinn that I'd been told this). turtle and Fadran say they did not tell anyone but me. Whence comes this message? @eltruT, are you sure you only told me? @Channelknight Fadran, did you tell anyone else about Quinn being roleblocked? Does anyone know where the message came from? 

Here's the thing. We know the Quinn message shouldn't have come back around at all. Turtle near the end of the cycle claimed that he did receive the message back, but he never revealed who sent it to him.

1 hour ago, Quinn0928 said:

Okay look, in all fairness I did read Gears as very village, and have throughout this whole game.

That being said, I still voted him, since there was basically no way he wasn't an elim. I just have a hard time believing that Ghander didn't catch that... So I'm keeping my vote where it is.

Edit: @Somebody from Sel Thank you? I think? That sort of sounded like an insult, but at the same time you've concluded I'm village, so I won't complain

I still didn’t trust you, so I thought it was possible you were making up the fact that someone else claimed TLR to you. I’ve moved towards trusting you a bit more, but at the same time you are pushing rather hard to lynch someone I know is innocent, me.

ALSO everybody completely dismissed Danex's vote on Barer. I doubt I’ll be able to change everyone's minds at this point, but I would like some more explanation on that for the good of the people who will actually live. @Danex

Edited by Ghanderflaffle

53 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

ALSO everybody completely dismissed Danex's vote on Barer. I doubt I’ll be able to change everyone's minds at this point, but I would like some more explanation on that for the good of the people who will actually live. @Danex

Same reasons as Sart’s vote on TJ really. They had the idea to look at the Illwei vote, which was a fairly sketchy lynch  in hindsight, and that made me look into Bearer. He’s been almost completely silent this whole game, except for jumping on Illwei, and voting Turtle. Both of which sound like things he was told to do via the Elim doc. Illwei was attacking gears, so gears might’ve been like “hey, someone vote for Illwei, he was on to me.” And then later, bearer just pops in out of nowhere to jump on the turtle bandwagon, as if his Elim teammates were pressuring him to be more active. 
Mainly it’s just because of his inactivity, it fits with my read of the Elim team: Being very quiet, not influencing a ton. They completely missed the chance to mess with the PM chain. 

4 minutes ago, Danex said:

Same reasons as Sart’s vote on TJ really. They had the idea to look at the Illwei vote, which was a fairly sketchy lynch  in hindsight, and that made me look into Bearer. He’s been almost completely silent this whole game, except for jumping on Illwei, and voting Turtle. Both of which sound like things he was told to do via the Elim doc. Illwei was attacking gears, so gears might’ve been like “hey, someone vote for Illwei, he was on to me.” And then later, bearer just pops in out of nowhere to jump on the turtle bandwagon, as if his Elim teammates were pressuring him to be more active. 
Mainly it’s just because of his inactivity, it fits with my read of the Elim team: Being very quiet, not influencing a ton. They completely missed the chance to mess with the PM chain. 

I don’t really understand this. Maybe it’s just experience. I think I posted during C1, 2, and 3, but I somehow missed C4. Also, I have only received on PM this whole game. 

3 hours ago, Quinn0928 said:

Emphasis on never you thought he was sus at one point, I thought he was village in the beginning.

I don’t like the Ghander lynch. They are a little sus, but I don’t think it’s worth lynching over. I was also against lynching gears for the first half of last cycle, and I don’t think defending him earlier than that round is necessarily sus. I think there were legitimate reasons as to voting for someone else that round.

I could be missing something, I haven’t reread the earlier cycles recently, but I’m reading Ghander as village.

Just now, JesterLavorre said:

I don’t like the Ghander lynch. They are a little sus, but I don’t think it’s worth lynching over. I was also against lynching gears for the first half of last cycle, and I don’t think defending him earlier than that round is necessarily sus. I think there were legitimate reasons as to voting for someone else that round.

I could be missing something, I haven’t reread the earlier cycles recently, but I’m reading Ghander as village.

I'm reading you as Elim too. Just putting that out there.

Spoiler

My reasoning is that you've been defending a lot of people I've been sus of, and while I agree not reading Gears as sus before the previous round isn't necessarily sus, never reading him that way is.

1 hour ago, Somebody from Sel said:

I'm reading you as Elim too. Just putting that out there.

Hide contents

My reasoning is that you've been defending a lot of people I've been sus of, and while I agree not reading Gears as sus before the previous round isn't necessarily sus, never reading him that way is.

I mean, if I was an elim, wouldn’t I want to distance myself from other possible elims? 
Gears is always hard to read for me, but before C5 I read him as village being framed. During C5, after he survived a lynch, I thought he was probably spiked, but wanted to hold off on lynching him just in case he was TLR.

19 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

I don’t really have any information to defend myself with as my main PM partner was Fadran.

How was your PMs with Fadran, and what do you think of him?

4 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

How was your PMs with Fadran, and what do you think of him?

I went through the entirety of them in C2 (pg 29 in the other thread). At first I was pretty trusting, mainly because Fadran is new. Once they mixed me up with Turtle I immediately thought it was a pocket. Now I’m somewhere in the middle. They have gotten a little less active, so it's harder to read them now.

@Matrim's Dice vote count? (Mostly on me :unsure:)

Edited by Ghanderflaffle

17 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

@Matrim's Dice vote count? (Mostly on me :unsure:)

Ghanderflaffle (4): TJ Shade, Kings_way, Quinn0928, Somebody from Sel

Bearer of all agonies (1): Danex

Vapor (1): Sart

(@Ghanderflaffle, that original one I posted might have been very wrong :P)

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Once they mixed me up with Turtle I immediately thought it was a pocket.

I thought you were pocketing Fadran up until that.(Flamel said, obviously still speaking and RP'ing)

About one hour remaining in the cycle, give it take 60 seconds.

I don't think the Ghander lynch is good. I think Kings way is evil.

I'm sorry I literally forgot about this :ph34r: The cycle is closed, rollover might be a tad slower than last time... sorry guys.

Kriti sat on a ledge overlooking the Imperium, contemplating the others. For some reason they had turned to her after Runern's death- as if she was educated enough in Scadrain politics to know about specific customs! The Ghostbloods had given her an annoyingly small amount of information. It looks like she might suffer for it, if they could find her here.

Footsteps sounded behind her, and she knew she was dead. The decision among them wasn't unanimous, but it was enough.

She turned. "You'll pay for your misdeeds." She told them. "I am not the Inquisitor you seek."

The hooded man in front chuckled. "That's what they all say. I am not the one who will pay."

Kriti died that day. The mob's streak did as well.

Ghanderflaffle was lynched! She was an Obligator!

Vote Count:

• Ghanderflaffle (4): TJ Shade, Kings_way, Quinn0928, Somebody from Sel
  • Bearer of all agonies (1): Danex
  • Vapor (1): Sart

Cycle Seven has begun! It will end in roughly 48 hours on Friday, November 27th, at 1pm PST. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

• PMs are still open! Kindly include our GM crew of myself, Lotus, and Devotary in any new PMs.
  • The lynch has a one vote minimum. Tied lynches will result in a decision by RNG.
  • The following players are receiving an inactivity warning: @Whysper, @Channelknight Fadran, and @Chasmgoat. If they do not post this cycle I will look for a replacement.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Chasmgoat - Mr. Goat
  2. @Quinn0928 - Sedra
  3. Ashbringer - Faleast - Obligator
  4. @Bearer of all agonies
  5. @Whysper
  6. Illwei - Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy
  7. @Somebody from Sel - Somebody F. Inquisitive
  8. Gears - Runern Evo - Spiked Inquisitor
  9. eltruT - Turtle - Obligator
  10. @Channelknight Fadran - Nardaf
  11. @Kings_way - Flamel
  12. @Danex - Notani N Quisitor, Murder Hornet Trainer and Comically Large Sunglasses Enthusiast.
  13. Ghanderflaffle - Kriti - Obligator
  14. Shard of Reading - Reading - Obligator
  15. Ventyl - Bateaux - Obligator
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. Condensation - Connie - Obligator of the Canton of Inquisition
  18. @JesterLavorre
  19. @Sart - Noorden
  20. @Vapor
  21. @Amanuensis - Vigor
  22. Flyingbooks42 - Kesilen (Alloise) - Obligator

So... Uh... Why didn't the elims submit a kill? Did they all just forget? I'm so confused...

Edit: I'm now remembering that Gears mentioned to me that he wished the other elims were more active (we had gotten to a point during the last cycle when he was alive where he had admitted to me that he was an elim). At the time I wasn't sure whether he meant it or whether he was trying to throw me off with false info, but this makes it seem more like he was telling the truth... unless all the remaining elims have abilities and decided to use them rather than submit a kill?

Edited by Quinn0928

Well I’m just gonna do my same vote as before, Bearer. The fact that the Elims didn’t send in a kill further supports my claim that the Elims are mainly inactives. 

Huh. That's odd. I just realized something: at least one of the other elims must be somewhat active.

I RBd Gears C4 and C5, during which cycles Ventyl and Connie were killed, respectively. I don't know about Ventyl, but Connie, at least, was no accident--whoever decided to kill her either wished to break off our channel of communication with AnonRBer or actually knew that Connie was AnonRBer. That would have taken either PMs or paying quite a bit of attention to what was going on, which is not something that you can do and also be inactive.

So now I'm really confused why the elims didn't submit a kill. I mean, at least one of them must have been online at some point during the cycle. I think everyone's been participating or at least looking at the thread except possibly for Aman, but since I doubt there's only one elim, that doesn't explain anything really.

Edit: Unless the others have only barely been active this whole game, and Gears was the one directing everything. But you'd think they'd realize once they lost one of their own that they'd have to step up their game, not slow it down. 

Edit (again): Okay, so I looked into everyone who was active last cycle and @Danex Bearer actually was on, so I'd say suspend suspicion of them for the moment. Here's what I found (these were recorded ~8:30pm EST):

Chasm - inactive last turn
Bearer - last posted 22 hrs ago
Whysper - inactive last turn
Somebody - last posted 19 hrs ago
Fadran - inactive last turn
Kings - last posted 7 hrs ago
Danex - last posted 22 hrs ago
TJ - last posted 15 hrs ago
Jester - last posted 17 hrs ago
Sart - last posted 4 hrs ago
Vapor - last posted Mon. 5:11pm EST
Aman - inactive last turn

Edited by Quinn0928

I'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'msorryIwasreadingRhythmofWar!!!