12 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Ohhh wow I hadn't even realized they left you out... even though I also have a PM with you...

Apparently I´m quite forgettable. Is that a good thing? No idea. It´s probably good here, but not other places. Maybe that´s why I spend so much time here, so people won´t forget me when I leave for a day or two. :)

I mean, I guess Gears could be a spiked elim who's also an RBer? But I'm pretty sure TLR can't have roles so...

Also I'm not sure I get how it's relevant to Gears' trust in TJ that Gears is or is not an RBer (and I'm inclined to think he doesn't have a canton since he told me he didn't back before he knew whether I was or had contact with a rolescanner to confirm).

45 minutes left. I will be in online classes during rollover, but I still should be able to close the cycle on schedule and get the next thread up as per usual. It might be a bit slower than normal, but the classes are low-effort :).

Runern Evo was many things, but he was not immortal. He ran from Death, but with each passing day, it came ever closer. The wolves circled, closing in on their prey, and he could only dodge their gnashing fangs for so long.  

On the first day, he was simply ignored. Other targets were more appealing, and the streets ran red with the blood of those randomly chosen to die by fate and the whim of the mob. On the second day, attention abruptly came his way with the advent of a message chain. With a knock at the door and a delivered letter, Death laid a skeletal hand on his shoulder.

'You are mine', Death whispered with a voice fainter than the wind. 'With this chain I end your life.'

With a gilded tongue and a malleable mob, he managed to live for another moment. One more day. He always needed just one more day.  Pretty words and connected friends saved him for the final time, and Death pulled out its scythe.

He knew, in that moment, that it was over. The web of lies he’d depended on, the network of implications he’d fostered, all gone. Snapped with the death of the one who might be his misdirection. His only ally turned against him. The jig was up, the game was over. He finally saw his Death waiting for him, watching as he fumbled for excuses.

Death’s cold, cruel laughter echoed in his mind as he finally accepted his inevitable demise. There was no escape. There was no reprieve. His last hopes dwindled down to nothing.

This time, the knife struck true. No defense was offered. None was asked for. Death’s hand moved from his shoulder to his neck.

As the mob surrounded him for the final time, Death tightened its grip on his throat. It hurt, for a moment, then faded. Everything faded.

He was gone.

Connie bravely walked down Luthadel's dim streets, hooded head high, not slouching. She had kept her canton successfully hidden- which was probably a good thing, considering it had the potential to look incriminating- but anyone who thought that was wrong. Just because she didn't swell in offices sorting stacks of documents didn't mean she wasn't loyal to the true power of the Imperium. The other Obligators might be stuffy, but the Inquisitors were notoriously violent. 

She knew she had to appear confident and well-connected. So far, it had worked- the mob hadn't gone after her. Not that they had made overwhelmingly successful decisions- Runern, Connie felt, was a lucky find- but her own death wouldn't help anything. On the contrary, Connie was one of few who could stop another from taking action. The intimidation brought by her canton was useful. 

Connie rounded the corner, but came face to face with a monster. The Inquisitor before her laughed. "Your life be coming to an end here, Obligator."

Connie narrowed her eyes. "That's is coming to an end, you mean. Grammar is important, even for an ugly brute like yourself." Then she turned and ran. She knew she couldn't fight the creature. She knew she probably couldn't escape. But if she was going to die, she might as well correct it first.

The Inquisitor growled and took off behind her, steel-pushing on a nearby wall and leaping off the ground. The Inquisitor slammed into Connie from behind, and because of the dagger it had been holding she was killed instantly, just as Connie had figured. The Inquisitor rolled and landed in a crouch, then took off into the night like Death itself.

Gears has been lynched! He was a Spiked Inquisitor!

Condensation has been killed! She was an Obligator of the Canton of Inquisition!

Vote Count:

• Gears (8): Quinn0928, Danex, Somebody from Sel, TJ Shade, Vapor, JesterLavorre, Ghanderflaffle, Sart

Cycle Six has begun! The cycle will end in 48 hours on Wednesday, November 25th, at 1pm PST.

• PM's are still open! Please include myself, Lotus, and Devotary in any new PMs created.
  • The lynch has a one vote minimum, with tied lynches resulting in a random decision between tied parties.
  • Gears wrote his death RP! Go give him his deserved upvotes!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Chasmgoat - Mr. Goat
  2. @Quinn0928 - Sedra
  3. Ashbringer - Faleast - Obligator
  4. @Bearer of all agonies
  5. @Whysper
  6. Illwei - Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy
  7. @Somebody from Sel - Somebody F. Inquisitive
  8. Gears - Runern Evo - Spiked Inquisitor
  9. eltruT - Turtle - Obligator
  10. @Channelknight Fadran - Nardaf
  11. @Kings_way - Flamel
  12. @Danex - Notani N Quisitor, Murder Hornet Trainer and Comically Large Sunglasses Enthusiast.
  13. @Ghanderflaffle - Kriti
  14. Shard of Reading - Reading - Obligator
  15. Ventyl - Bateaux - Obligator
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. Condensation - Connie - Obligator of the Canton of Inquisition
  18. @JesterLavorre
  19. @Sart - Noorden
  20. @Vapor
  21. @Amanuensis - Vigor
  22. Flyingbooks42 - Kesilen (Alloise) - Obligator

Anyone who Connie claimed to (she never did claim to me, though I suspected she might have been AnonRBer because she kept asking me for advice on who AnonRBer should RB). But no one's going to admit to that now...

Also anyone who resisted voting Gears last cycle. 

And I'm going to use my powers of premonition to guess that Vapor, Ghander, and Jester are going to continue their claims that I'm suspicious.

6 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Anyone who Connie claimed to (she never did claim to me, though I suspected she might have been AnonRBer because she kept asking me for advice on who AnonRBer should RB). But no one's going to admit to that now...

And I'm going to use my powers of premonition to guess that Vapor, Ghander, and Jester are going to continue their claims that I'm suspicious.

No, now that Gears flipped elim you're safe unless you do something else sus.

Sorry to kill you when you finally get elim Gears.

1 minute ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Sorry to kill you when you finally get elim Gears.

oof yeah... 

Also I feel thoroughly stupid for the record: Gears genuinely managed to pocket me by saying that he was TLR. I went to great lengths to keep him from being lynched, which I suspect is why, as @Sart put it, things got all twisted up C2 and C3. 

Of course, I sort of deserve this lol

58 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Same with Ghander. I'll wait to vote you until you do something actually suspicious.

1 hour ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

No, now that Gears flipped elim you're safe unless you do something else sus.

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

Same with Ghander. I'll wait to vote you until you do something actually suspicious.

Well that's a relief I suppose... 

The person who claimed TLR to me scanned last turn, but I'm not sure who yet or what they found. I'll let you know once they do respond--hopefully they caught an elim...

Edit: The person they scanned was an obligator. I asked that person whether I could reveal their identity on the thread, and they said they would rather I didn't, since then the elims might target them. 

Edited by Quinn0928

5 hours ago, Quinn0928 said:

Well that's a relief I suppose... 

The person who claimed TLR to me scanned last turn, but I'm not sure who yet or what they found. I'll let you know once they do respond--hopefully they caught an elim...

Edit: The person they scanned was an obligator. I asked that person whether I could reveal their identity on the thread, and they said they would rather I didn't, since then the elims might target them. 

Well, you obviously shouldn't reveal who is claiming Lord Ruler. However, you should reveal who they scanned. If they're telling the truth, we get another eliminator. If they're not telling the truth, they have sided with the eliminators, and we'll lynch them.

5 hours ago, Quinn0928 said:

Edit: The person they scanned was an obligator.

18 minutes ago, Sart said:

However, you should reveal who they scanned. If they're telling the truth, we get another eliminator.

The Obligators are the Village...

Just now, Danex said:

The Obligators are the Village...

Ah. Goes to show that I haven't been paying attention to this game. Regardless, time to drill down on Gears.

Day One:

Factions: The Lord Ruler is a variable that may be difficult to account for. Assuming that this player is logical, they will back the winning side. This makes the village's job all the more important. If they are doing well, they get an advantage. If they are failing, we get an ally.

Roles:

General: There are no protects. The only way for a person to be attacked and survive is for them to be Spiked or the Lord Ruler. For safety's sake, we should probably kill anyone who survives a lynch. If they survived the kill, they are the Lord Ruler (since we can't target ourselves). All of the roles seem quite straight forward, and I fear I am becoming worse at analysing with each passing game. 

This post is particularly blatant in retrospect. He uses we for the eliminators two times. I'm annoyed I didn't look at this sooner.

I love how you think that we don't need the Canton of Inquisition. It's right in the name, after all. Besides, without all Cantons and thus PMs, how else will I get pocketed by a confirmed elim? [If I wasn't on mobile, I would be actively engaging in shenanigans, but alas, 'twas not meant to be.]

Needlessly attacking Quinn, who later roleblocked him. How the turn tables.

This is a matter of much debate and controversy. The current meta states that a D1 lynch is optimal. The arguments against are what you have stated. The arguments for are as follows: If we do not lynch someone, the elims will kill someone, and we'll be exactly where we were but down a player. In addition, the interactions during the lynch can provide information. I personally think the D1 lynch is good, but I still don't like to participate.

Common discussion topic is common. Gets to have his cake and eat it too by saying he's not opposed to the lynch, but not actually participating.

Lord Ruler speculation: The goal of the Lord Ruler is to win. To win, the Lord Ruler must 1. survive and 2. win with the faction..

1. To survive, the Lord Ruler must avoid both being killed [twice] and remain unsuspicious while not being good enough to be killed by the elims. Balancing this is difficult and annoying. If the LR gets struck down [by the lynch or the kill] and survives, the elims will automatically know that they are the LR (since all Spiked are Inquisitors). Either this individual is a useless ally [alignment scanner that doesn't count for parity] or a potent enemy. Thus the elims should immediately kill this person. This means that the LR cannot get hit once or they will lose. To not get killed at all, the LR must balance being unsuspicious and bad. This is difficult, especially in the late game, where null = sus. The two strategies are being useless or being helpful. Both of these inevitably fail, unless you conjure bigger fish. 

2: Let us not contemplate which faction is more likely to win. Instead, let us contemplate which faction you are more likely to impact. You are an alignment scanner with an extra life that does not count for parity. You are completely useless to the elims, except perhaps as an information fish. However, your information would be invaluable to the village, as they have no alignment scanner. You cannot do anything to help the elims. You can do a great deal to hinder them. If the elims are obviously running away with the game and siding with them is obviously the better choice, make your own choices. Just know that you can do absolutely nothing. 

2a: Correction: You can do very little. All possible strategies result in your death. Perhaps at LyLo, you can lie to the group and get them to mislynch someone. However, you don't know how many elims there are. Perhaps you could claim in PMs, but that also might get you killed. You want to survive. You need to survive. All of your options lead to death. If you side with the village, you can at least try to change things before you get killed.

Conclusion: Allying with the elims is only beneficial if the elims are winning, as you can do nothing to aid in their success. Prioritize your survival over all else, as you can only win if you yet live. Be forgotten.

Encouraging the Lord Ruler to remain hidden, because an alignment scanner is annoying for the elims.

It's here that Illwei actually votes for Gears. This makes me more suspicious of the people on the Illwei train.

That's it for Day 1. I'm tentatively putting a vote on TJ Shade. They were involved with the Illwei lynch, and they preferred parroting Aman's thoughts rather than giving their own.

9 minutes ago, Sart said:

That's it for Day 1. I'm tentatively putting a vote on TJ Shade. They were involved with the Illwei lynch, and they preferred parroting Aman's thoughts rather than giving their own.

I was literally the one pushing strongly for Gears' lynch even after everyone retracted their votes post his TLR claim. 

32 minutes ago, Sart said:

This post is particularly blatant in retrospect. He uses we for the eliminators two times. I'm annoyed I didn't look at this sooner.

I think that’s just something Gears does, he intentionally claims Elim in every game so that when he actually is people can’t tell. Or something. Honestly not sure. 

As for TJ, I hesitantly read them as village. 

Edit: Looking back at that vote though, Bearer seems very suspicious, and they fit my Elim Team Profile pretty well. 

Edited by Danex

People who have been resistant to Gears lynch were - Ghander, Vapor and Jester. Among them, the most suspicious is Ghanderflaffle as they have been sneak-defending Gears ever since the role-block PM reveal. They were also one of the early votes on Turtle's lynch and the shift away from Gears in that cycle. 

7 hours ago, Sart said:

I don't think it's TJ... Remember how Gears claimed TLR and told us that he'd scanned TJ and TJ was village? Well, at that point Gears already knew he was going to be lynched. Given that he was aware that his alignment would be revealed a couple of turns from then, I doubt he would say that a fellow elim was village--in fact, he'd probably try to distance himself from the other elims as much as possible by either not mentioning them in his posts at all or by outright suspecting them.

Also, TJ was the strongest advocate that we lynch Gears, which makes him seem less like an elim to me...

Edited by Quinn0928

Flamel had been on a business meeting, but he arrived back in Luthadel to see the corpse of an inquisitor tossed into a canal. I'm glad that everyone else is better at reads than me. He decided to stop that line of thinking before it got too meta. He looked through the records of the previous day, and saw that Noorden, Kriti, Jes, and Vapor were the last to vote. This had multiple implications, as they could have been waiting to appear cooperative with the general crowd, or they could have been reluctant to lynch their Inquisitor ally. Of course, it was most likely that not al of them were inquisitors, as they all had been informed that there were less inquisitors then there had been in the past, due to new advancements in Hemalurgy. Flamel moved to explain this to the crowd, and was glad to see that TJ also agreed, and had cast his vote on Kriti. Flamel followed suit, deciding that it was best to vote the same and stack their votes.

Ghanderflaffle

I've been playing a lot of Among us lately, and thought I might use the same strategies I use in that (which don't work if anonymous voting is on)