2 hours ago, Quinn0928 said:

Yes, I remember that lol. And you're right, one of the elims could decide to try to back up Gears' story by saying they RBd a random villager. So, basically, we're likely to be very suspicious of anyone who claims to be an RBer now, but hadn't before.

It's very true. I'm glad that you have someone you can trust and also that it's me because I think this is the first game where I've actually had someone I can trust. (cough, Mat, cough) (I'm sorry I'll stop)

Edited by Condensation

20 minutes ago, Condensation said:

It's very true. I'm glad that you have someone you can trust and also that it's me because I think this is the first game where I've actually had someone I can trust. (cough, Mat, cough) (I'm sorry I'll stop)

Please don't, it's hilarious... and he probably deserves it, given that D1 of QF48, he made a list of all the non-elim players and his thoughts on them, and for you he just wrote "POCKET POCKET POCKET"

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

Please don't, it's hilarious... and he probably deserves it, given that D1 of QF48, he made a list of all the non-elim players and his thoughts on them, and for you he just wrote "POCKET POCKET POCKET"

Oh gosh. Nope, it's never going away and I'm never trusting you again until you've pretty much proven that you're trustworthy.

After all, I can't trust my instincts about you.

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

Hold on by "you" I assume you mean Mat, but are you referring to me?

No, just Mat. I did feel like I trusted you, but I started having second thoughts. I find that that happens to me a lot. I'm so paranoid of getting pocketed and you know whose fault it is?

Just now, Condensation said:

No, just Mat. I did feel like I trusted you, but I started having second thoughts. I find that that happens to me a lot. I'm so paranoid of getting pocketed and you know whose fault it is?

No, I have absolutely no idea... 

And yes, I get it. Remember, I roleclaimed to Ash but then spent all of last cycle thinking he was elim. I even almost RBd him... oof that was stupid of me

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Yikes. Yeah, I remember that.

Basically, what I'm learning from this game is: my zero-information C1 reads are possibly scarily accurate (I suspect; I'll confirm that once the game is over and we know who the elims are), and I am exactly the wrong blend of trusting and paranoid to be playing this game.

34 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Maybe move to a PM? :) 

Already done :)

Edit: @Danex Shush! You're gonna give me away  jk jk I'm not trying to pocket you Connie. Besides, you know far more about me than I do about you, so right now you have the advantage here lol

Wellll if we're not getting a vote-count from Matrim, I have one?

Gears (5): Danex, TJ, Ventyl, Somebody, Quinn

Quinn (1): Vapor

Edit: @Danex

Edited by Quinn0928

It seems that RoW hype has stolen the general populace away. Whilst you languish in your book-induced delirium, I shall simply contemplate my impending demise. I will survive this lynch. The elims may or may not NK me. I suspect they may not, since if they don't, it makes me appear Spiked and thus a prime target for next cycle's lynch while they get to kill a villager and not risk having an elim up for the lynch the cycle after. If they do NK me, I die. Either way, I will be dead by the end of next cycle, unless the general populace decides to lay off after I survive. Alas, my doom is inevitable. Farewell. Trust Quinn, hopefully. Trust TJ. I've lost the game, but my faction can perhaps win in my stead.

Does no one else find that somewhat suspicious?

I think if Gears does survive then we should focus our efforts on finding other elims. Three possiblities if they survive: elim!TLR - they don't count toward parity and their talent won't really help the elims, who already know who all of the elims are and the only reason they'd want TLR's abilities is to find TLR, which they wouldn't need if they already had TLR; village!TLR - we definitely don't want them dead. Enough said; elim!Spiked - we want them dead, but the other two possibilities outweigh this one, in my opinion.

Three options if Gears survives: good, neutral, and bad. I don't think the good is good enough to possibly invite the bad possibility. We want PMs, or at least I do.

Runern Evo was an interesting person.

Every day, there were new challenges. Every day, he was forced to live again.

Runern Evo was a lucky person.

The first time: He lived. The second time: He lived again. Runern dodged the mob's attention every day. 

Runern Evo was a frantic person. Runern Evo was hopefully a fast person.

Today, the mob chased him. He ran with all he had, but the fury of their faces shone even through the hoods. They had yet to find an Inquisitor in their numbers. They were as frantic as he. Desperate to catch the one who had evaded them all this time. 

He had tried to reason. They hadn't listened.

Runern Evo... was an annoyed person. 

The mob caught up. Runern knew it was inevitable, he was not athletic enough to outlast them for long. He slowed to a stop and turned to the group. The ganged up against him, roughly pushing him against the wall. "We have you now, finally."

Runern Evo was a silent person. He said nothing.

The person holding him against the wall drew a dagger and stabbed at Runern. He fell to the ground and the mob stalked off.

Runern Evo... died.

Wait.

The knife... had not been lethal. Even now, he could tell. Missing his vitals. Wounding, but not killing, Runern. He stood up, weakly, and limped off. He'd face them later. He couldn't feign death long. But he now knew what he was. It had been clear from the beginning.

Runern Evo... was a survivor.

Bateaux stood on his balcony, whistling a happy tune. He felt him and the others were making progress finding the imposters among them. Life was good! 

He was very whimsical. Why align oneself with a Canton when you could help them all? Why stay next to a certain group, why follow a specific hooded figure, why do anything? Bateaux liked his balcony, he liked his home, and he liked his tune.

Why not?

Alas, the sun was rising. It soon would be time to return to work, and continue figuring out who was impersonating what Bateaux represented. 

A knock sounded on his door. It was fairly early in the morning, who could that be? He walked briskly over, skipping a tad. 

Bateaux opening the door was the last thing he did. The horrifying creature before him made quick work of him, and Bateaux fell to the ground. Still smiling. What was life without death, anyway?

Gears was lynched, but survived!

Ventyl was killed! He was an Obligator!

Vote Count:

• Gears (5): Danex, TJ Shade, Ventyl, Somebody from Sel, Quinn0928
  • Quinn0928 (1): Vapor

Cycle Five has begun! It will end in 48 hours on Monday, November 23, at 1pm PST.

• PMs are still open! Please include myself, Lotus, and Devotary in any PMs you may create.
  • The lynch has a one vote minimum, with tied lynches being randomly decided.
  • The following players are receiving an inactivity warning: @Amanuensis, @JesterLavorre, @Bearer of all agonies. I did not put in place an official filter, though I will look for replacement players if you don't post this cycle.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Chasmgoat - Mr. Goat
  2. @Quinn0928 - Sedra
  3. Ashbringer - Faleast - Obligator
  4. @Bearer of all agonies
  5. @Whysper
  6. Illwei - Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy
  7. @Somebody from Sel - Somebody F. Inquisitive
  8. @Gears - Runern Evo
  9. eltruT - Turtle - Obligator
  10. @Channelknight Fadran - Nardaf
  11. @Kings_way - Flamel
  12. @Danex - Notani N Quisitor, Murder Hornet Trainer and Comically Large Sunglasses Enthusiast.
  13. @Ghanderflaffle - Kriti
  14. Shard of Reading - Reading - Obligator
  15. Ventyl - Bateaux - Obligator
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. @Condensation - Connie
  18. @JesterLavorre
  19. @Sart - Noorden
  20. @Vapor
  21. @Amanuensis - Vigor
  22. Flyingbooks42 - Kesilen (Alloise) - Obligator

So, now what?

I think we vote someone else, save gears for later. Connie made a good point last cycle about what to do when Gears survives. He’s either Spiked, E-TLR, or V-TLR. If he’s E-TLR, we can basically ignore him, his ability doesn’t help the Elims, and he doesn’t count for parity. If he’s V-TLR, we should definitely not kill him, and if he’s Spiked we definitely should kill him. There’s really no way of knowing which of the three possibilities it is though. 

sigh
It’s like, for every possible scenario, there are a ton of possible causes. It’s impossible to actually know anything. Feels like we’re just guessing at this point. 

I vote we lynch Gears again; since we still haven't seen anyone else claim to have RBd, I think it must be him. 

Edit: Gah and for another reason... for once I have PM reasons that I really couldn't say on the thread... let's just say someone else has claimed TLR to me.

Edited by Quinn0928

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Shoot. 

Yeah, agree with you on that one. Gears barely survived, and, (I think) Spiked get two lives. Or something like that. Gears

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

1 minute ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yeah, agree with you on that one. Gears barely survived, and, (I think) Spiked get two lives. Or something like that. [color/red]Gears[red]

Yes, Spiked get two lives. And your color thing didn't work right.

Edit: also @Danex Gears is the only person we have who is likely an elim (since how could Reading have survived? Do you actually buy the whole elim RBd elim theory that I came up with?). We're really too far into the game at this point to risk taking shots in the dark, so unless you have information on someone else, I'm not really comfortable lynching someone we know nothing about.

Edited by Quinn0928

I think we shouldn't lynch Gears, like I said last time. I don't know who we should lynch, though.

I have to admit, I have been a little bit of a PM spider(for AnonRBer) but everyone's been pretty cool about their answers. I have to admit, Vapor's answer(to the question I asked) was kind of suspicious. She didn't have any reasoning.

2 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yeah, agree with you on that one. Gears barely survived, and, (I think) Spiked get two lives. Or something like that. Gears[red]

If you're referring to the writeup, it is purely creative liberties. Take nothing in it literally. Under the page break is the actual info.

Use [ color = red ]Name[ / color ] but without spaces to vote.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
2 minutes ago, Danex said:

mmmmm Quinn does make a good point. The mysterious ‘third Roleblocker’ doesn’t seem to exist, so Gears does make a lot of sense. 

Yep, Gears