A general analysis of this cycle.

Phase 1: Talking about the write-up. Vote manip: Trying to kill Aman? Trying to save Illwei? Reading's survival: TLR? TLR chose a faction: Which side? Votes: Fadran votes and retracts turtle as a joke.

Phase 2: Roleblocks say survived. Danex makes the chainmail plan. Easy to take advantage of, easy to mess up. Votes: Books votes Danex for proposing a bad plan. Ventyl votes Danex for the bad plan. Somebody votes Danex. Ghander votes Books for starting the Danex vote. Danex votes Somebody for bandwagoning. Somebody retracts Danex. Danex votes Ventyl since Somebody was less suspicious. Ghander retracts Books for making good points.

Phase 3: Middle bit where nothing much happens. Votes: Aman votes Ventyl for being around to comment but not retract poke votes. TJ votes Ventyl for the same reason. Jester votes Quinn for asking questions. Quinn votes Jester for finding that suspicious. Ventyl retracts Danex and votes Aman for being a good elim. Reading votes Aman for other reasons.

Phase 4: The plan is revealed! Quinn got word about Gears, Gears got word about Quinn, everyone is confused. The fonts of knowledge are all contradictory. turtle votes Gears because of the chain. Quinn retracts Jester and votes Gears because of the chain. Somebody votes Gears. Ventyl retracts Aman and votes Gears because of the chain. Reading retracts Aman and votes turtle because turtle isn't a roleblocker. Whysper votes Gears because of the massive vote pileup. TJ votes Gears because of the chain. Reading retracts turtle and votes Aman because turtle explained.

Phase 5: turtle confusion. Votes: Fadran votes turtle without reasoning. Gears votes turtle for survival purposes. Danex retracts Ventyl and votes turtle because the chain might have been compromised. Ghander votes turtle for general read and chain confusion. Reading retracts Gears and votes turtle for misdirection. turtle votes Somebody because of bandwagoning.

Phase 6: Ghander confusion. Fadran says Ghander was the one who told them to say Quinn. Quinn retracts Gears and votes turtle for being suspicious. turtle votes Ghander. turtle votes Ghander. Bearer votes turtle since they are behind the "Gears scandal".  Kings_way votes Ghander for being weird. Sart votes Gears because of the chain. Somebody retracts Gears and votes turtle. Ventyl retracts Gears and votes Reading since they could be an elim. Ventyl retracts Reading and votes Danex for starting this mess.

Phase 7: Fadran was wrong. Ghander retracts turtle and votes Fadran for being wrong. Jester retracts Quinn and votes Ghander for coordinating things. Fadran retracts turtle. Kings_way retracts Ghander. Whysper votes turtle for discrepancies. Chasmgoat votes turtle. Ashbringer retracts Gears and votes turtle. TJ votes turtle for the case against them.

Unanswered questions: How did the chain get back to turtle when I didn't pass it on?

Edited by Gears

13 minutes ago, Gears said:

Unanswered questions: How did the chain get back to turtle when I didn't pass it on?

Elim tampering obviously. I just am not really sure how that might work. The only situation (easily explainable and viable situation that is[this isn't the only one but it's the only one that I can think of with out hurting my brain])

1. Gears is an elim
  2. Gears gets a PM from turtle
  3. Gears tells elim team
  4. Elim team gives chain back to turtle
  5. Turtle confusion

This could also be turtle is elim and lying through their nose, but I don't really know. I don't really know, but I do know for certain that the elim team is, if nothing else, messing with this situation for certain.

1 minute ago, Shard of Reading said:

Elim tampering obviously. I just am not really sure how that might work. The only situation (easily explainable and viable situation that is[this isn't the only one but it's the only one that I can think of with out hurting my brain])

1. Gears is an elim
  2. Gears gets a PM from turtle
  3. Gears tells elim team
  4. Elim team gives chain back to turtle
  5. Turtle confusion

This could also be turtle is elim and lying through their nose, but I don't really know. I don't really know, but I do know for certain that the elim team is, if nothing else, messing with this situation for certain.

Orrrrrr... 

Someone told the person who told me that Quinn was roleblocked, which would be interesting. @Matrim's Dice can I have a vote count? 

21 minutes ago, Gears said:

32 minutes ago, eltruT said:

Yep. Every time I'm village I seem to get lynched. 

I don't really have much to say, but whats the plan when I do come up as village? 

If you were really Village, you’d tell us who sent that message to you. If you’re village, then this unnamed person is most likely Elim. 

3 minutes ago, eltruT said:

Someone told the person who told me that Quinn was roleblocked, which would be interesting. @Matrim's Dice can I have a vote count? 

• eltruT (12): Gears, Danex, Ghanderflaffle, Shard of Reading, Flyingbooks42, Quinn0928, Bearer of all agonies, Somebody from Sel, Whysper, Chasmgoat, Ashbringer, TJ Shade
  • Gears (1):  Sart
  • Danex (1): Ventyl
  • Ghanderflaffle (1): JesterLavorre
  • Ventyl (1): Amanuensis
  • Quinn0928 (1): eltruT

There are 2 minutes left, by the way.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

... why does Danex have 0 votes with Ventyl on him?

I’m just so incredibly Village that Matrim just removes all my votes obv. =P

Spoiler

Jk, probably an error. 

Edited by Danex
Ninjad by cycle ending.

Scratch that last statement. We just lost power. I’m on my phone w/data but I can’t get anything up until it comes back. Sorry.

Edit: We're back! Yay for generators :P 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Turtle sprinted through Luthadel as fast as she could muster, dodging people and weaving through alleyways faster than that Fused from the Diagram could have. She was pretty Sneaky, but only slunk through the dark just long enough to make a run for it. The others probably would have found her sooner or later anyway.

She had attracted quite the crowd over the past few days. It had been pretty funny to mess with the secret envelopes, but no one seemed to believe her when she claimed it was a prank. The Steel Ministry did have a reputation for order- perhaps the mob behind didn’t care whether she was Obligator or Inquisitor, as long as they removed a stipulation in their working clock of a government. 

They were wrong, of course. About Turtle’s malicious intent. She just liked a good joke. 

On and on she ran, and soon her heart began to pound faster. Her legs grew weaker. Running was not her strong suit. She was more of the espionage type, the kind of person who would sneak behind you and yell ‘BOO!’ rather than run circles around your head. (Though if she could manage it, Turtle would admit to it being quite entertaining.)

But now was not the time to dream up fantasies of pranks. Turtle knew that the mob would catch her sooner or later. There were too many of them. In a last ditch attempt at survival, she summoned her inner sneakiness and dove into the alley off to her right. With any luck, they’d run right past her.

Panting softly in the shadows, Turtle looked out into the main street, eyes wide with fear. She hoped with everything she had that the hooded figures in pursuit would blaze past in their fury, not noticing her escape. Oh, what she would give for a second chance.

But no. As the group rounded the corner, Turtle knew her fate. She began to weep softly into her cloak. If only they knew.

The one in the front spoke. “This is what comes from confusion, Inquisitor. The depletion of your numbers. Power returned to the true masterminds of the Imperium.” They drew a knife and plunged it into Turtle’s side.

With her last breath, Turtle spoke: “No. Confusion... brings... mistake. Your… mistake…” She slumped to the side, leaving the group distraught at another failure.

Kesilen's glasses fell down their nose. I really should get a new pair of sunglasses, Kesilen thought. They hadn't had time to find the local glasses stores since arriving on Scadrial, but there were plenty of people with sunglasses walking around here, so they must exist. As they walked down the street, Kesilen saw several people with large, dark sunglasses walk out of a building. Kesilen stepped in, hoping that it might be a glasses shop. Theroom was empty except for a rack of hooded cloaks and a display full of sunglasses, but there was a pounding noise coming from a door to the back. Kesilen opened the door, meaning to ask the owner of the store how much the glasses cost. Instead, they saw a table with one person lying on top of another and a man hitting a spike through the top person into the bottom one. The man looked up, and Kesilen saw that he had large spikes where his eyes should have been. An inquisitor. Kesilen turned to run, but the people who had left the building earlier, who they now knew must have been Inquisitors, came in through the front door, leaving them with nowhere to go.

Shattered glasses, then a dead body, fell to the floor.

eltruT was lynched! She was an Obligator.

Flyingbooks42 was killed! They were also an Obligator.

Vote Count:

• eltruT (12): Gears, Danex, Ghanderflaffle, Shard of Reading, Flyingbooks42, Quinn0928, Bearer of all agonies, Somebody from Sel, Whysper, Chasmgoat, Ashbringer, TJ Shade
  • Gears (1):  Sart
  • Danex (0): Ventyl
  • Ghanderflaffle (1): JesterLavorre
  • Ventyl (1): Amanuensis
  • Quinn0928 (1): eltruT

Cycle Three is underway! This cycle will end in 48 hours, on Thursday, November 19th, at 1pm PST.

• Yes, Danex and Ash, I copied the vote count from this cycle's prewritten post for the vote count and forgot to change it. This only tells you this vote manip action wasn't sent in in the last 2 seconds of the cycle, so I'm clarifying...
  • FlyingBooks42 wrote their own death RP! Upvote them :)
  • PMs are still open! Remember to include myself, Lotus, and Devotary in any PM you make.
  • The lynch has a one vote minimum. Tied lynches will be decided by RNG
  • You guys talk a lot. :P 

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Chasmgoat - Mr. Goat
  2. @Quinn0928 - Sedra
  3. @Ashbringer - Faleast
  4. @Bearer of all agonies
  5. @Whysper
  6. Illwei - Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy
  7. @Somebody from Sel - Somebody F. Inquisitive
  8. @Gears - Runern Evo
  9. eltruT - Turtle - Obligator
  10. @Channelknight Fadran - Nardaf
  11. @Kings_way - Flamel
  12. @Danex - Notani N Quisitor, Murder Hornet Trainer and Comically Large Sunglasses Enthusiast.
  13. @Ghanderflaffle - Kriti
  14. @Shard of Reading - Reading
  15. @Ventyl - Bateaux
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. @Condensation - Connie
  18. @JesterLavorre
  19. @Sart - Noorden
  20. @Vapor
  21. @Amanuensis - Vigor
  22. Flyingbooks42 - Kesilen (Alloise) - Obligator