1,240 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Kings_way said:
16 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

You would defiantly know that being new doesn't clear players. 

:ph34r:

(also you misspelled definitely)  

Well no, perhaps he is saying that the person is being defiant in their knowledge. :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quinn0928 said:

*grits teeth* Please. Don't. Do. That. 

Dho wat?

Spoiler

Okay, I'm going to stop now as this isn't game related.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've reached a moderate level of understanding, but I still have questions.

Quick summary: The chain says that I was roleblocked. I do not know if this is the case, since I did not submit an action. Danex passed on this message to turtle, who decided to lie to me about it, and told me Quinn was roleblocked. They also asked Fadran to do the same thing. I told Quinn that the chain told me they'd been roleblocked. Quinn told me that the chain said I'd been roleblocked. We all ran about like confused headless chickens. 

Strange thing: turtle says that the Quinn message came back around to them. I did not pass on the Quinn message (except telling Quinn that I'd been told this). turtle and Fadran say they did not tell anyone but me. Whence comes this message? @eltruT, are you sure you only told me? @Channelknight Fadran, did you tell anyone else about Quinn being roleblocked? Does anyone know where the message came from? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gears said:

We all ran about like confused headless chickens. 

I think this has been an accurate description of this round.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gears said:

We've reached a moderate level of understanding, but I still have questions.

Quick summary: The chain says that I was roleblocked. I do not know if this is the case, since I did not submit an action. Danex passed on this message to turtle, who decided to lie to me about it, and told me Quinn was roleblocked. They also asked Fadran to do the same thing. I told Quinn that the chain told me they'd been roleblocked. Quinn told me that the chain said I'd been roleblocked. We all ran about like confused headless chickens. 

Strange thing: turtle says that the Quinn message came back around to them. I did not pass on the Quinn message (except telling Quinn that I'd been told this). turtle and Fadran say they did not tell anyone but me. Whence comes this message? @eltruT, are you sure you only told me? @Channelknight Fadran, did you tell anyone else about Quinn being roleblocked? Does anyone know where the message came from? 

I didn't tell anyone else

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is also possible that the RBer just RBed a random person, Gears is village, and Reading is TLR.

@Matrim's Dice can we get a vote count?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

It is also possible that the RBer just RBed a random person, Gears is village, and Reading is TLR.

Technically, that is possible, but I have no survival abilities so someone must have RB the kill submiter.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

@Matrim's Dice can we get a vote count?

  • eltruT (9): Gears, Danex, Ghanderflaffle, Shard of Reading, Flyingbooks42, Quinn0928, Bearer of all agonies, Somebody from Sel, Whysper
  • Gears (3): TJ Shade, Sart, Ashbringer
  • Danex (1): Ventyl
  • Ghanderflaffle (1): JesterLavorre
  • Ventyl (1): Amanuensis
  • Quinn0928 (1): eltruT
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not been able to keep up, but from what I have seen, Turtle is giving false information... I think.

turtle

I am going to try to keep up with what is going on next cycle. I have been very busy and can't go over every post. sorry!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving from Gears to Turtle.

I don't have RoW, so... I'll be around.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I don't have RoW, so... I'll be around.

Yup. Yup. Libraries are awesome. They are just super slow. (It seems to also take forever to open)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

So, what's the theory now? Genuine roleblocker started the chain and Turtle tried to muddle it up or an elim started the chain to pin Gears? If it's the former that would be both Gears and Turtle are elims. If it's the latter, there's an elim at the head of the chain. I think Books mentioned a defence for Gears as they said an elim would try to sow chaos and blame other villagers, but I'm of the opinion that an elim would be cautious in doing so as such fake roleblock claims can always be traced back to them, so they'd not want to risk another elim's life while trying to save elim!Gears.

An elim could always say that they got it from somebody who doesn't want to be named in the thread, which would be expected from the RBer or somebody who was PMd by the RBer themselves. They could allso accuse whoever started the other message chain of being an elim.

In addition to the 2 options that you listed, the chain could have been started by a genuine roleblocker who wasn't the one who roleblocked an elim. That makes the most sense to me, since it explains why the only alternative message was intended to be very localized. However, one thing it doesn't explain is why the RBer who roleblocked the elim didn't start a message chain of their own, so I think there's a significant chance that Reading is TLR or Spiked.

16 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I don't have RoW, so... I'll be around.

I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. At least since it's probably going to arrive just a bit before thanksgiving break I'll be able to read all day without having to worry about homework.

Edited by Flyingbooks42
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um... so what I got from this is that 1: Everyone's been PMing a lot more than me. When I got those PMs, the exact thing I said to all of them was "Huh, interesting." That's it. Quinn and I RPed for a bit, but wow. 2: I'm probably going to end up doing a lot more reading than I do posting this game, I'm busy and can't catch up. If you notice me 'lurking', that's why. I'm trying to read everything.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to sleep so i won't be around for roll-over. Most of you make a good case against eltruT. I still think something is off about Gears as it's the case of WGG on Reading vs Role-blocked elim!Gears vs Role-blocked elim!x with the roleblocker silent and not revealing whom they role-blocked and I think role-blocked elim!Gears is the most probable of the three. Turtle's alignment also might help to decide which of the three cases occurred.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get why we're voting on Turtle. She isn't on my list of suspicions, but that might be because I didn't read most of cycle 1.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vapor said:

I don't get why we're voting on Turtle. She isn't on my list of suspicions, but that might be because I didn't read most of cycle 1.

It's because of her changing things up unnecessarily, spreading general chaos, and information it would give us on other players.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I don't have RoW, so... I'll be around.

Same here, unfortunately. I probably won't read it for a while, at least not until I read Dawnshard. 

A lot of these late votes on Turtle seem a little bandwagony, since unless there is a massive switch in votes, they don't effect anything. It's definitely suspicious how they changed the chain, but I don't think theres even a point to voting now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I looked back and I can see that. Thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kings_way said:

Same here, unfortunately. I probably won't read it for a while, at least not until I read Dawnshard. 

A lot of these late votes on Turtle seem a little bandwagony, since unless there is a massive switch in votes, they don't effect anything. It's definitely suspicious how they changed the chain, but I don't think theres even a point to voting now.

*affect

Edit: Mist gets it first because she ordered it(RoW) but I get it second.

Edited by Condensation
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Edit: Mist gets it first because she ordered it(RoW) but I get it second.

Ha. I have perpetual first dibs on all Sanderson books. Ever.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shard of Reading said:

Ha. I have perpetual first dibs on all Sanderson books. Ever.

Oh, really? Sounds awesome.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread!=Focus! PM!=Discussion! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Kings_way said:

A lot of these late votes on Turtle seem a little bandwagony, since unless there is a massive switch in votes, they don't effect anything. It's definitely suspicious how they changed the chain, but I don't think theres even a point to voting now.

No, probably not, though it does allow people to state their official stances. I mean, it would look a bit strange for someone to say they strongly suspected turtle but *not* vote for her. 

I do agree with you, though, that it's starting to look a little bandwagony. We'll obviously have to go over the voting history for this round quite thoroughly next cycle, regardless of whether turtle flips village or elim.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

No, probably not, though it does allow people to state their official stances. I mean, it would look a bit strange for someone to say they strongly suspected turtle but *not* vote for her. 

I do agree with you, though, that it's starting to look a little bandwagony. We'll obviously have to go over the voting history for this round quite thoroughly next cycle, regardless of whether turtle flips village or elim.

The problem with associating voting after several people have voted already (jumping on trains) is that it's going to stop people who want to help lynch a person but don't want to be accused of jumping on a train

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Somebody from Sel said:

The problem with associating voting after several people have voted already (jumping on trains) is that it's going to stop people who want to help lynch a person but don't want to be accused of jumping on a train

That's true... and I guess with this many people all voting for her it would be hard to use the list to narrow down who's an elim anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.