16 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

Sorry, but I’ve been extremely cautious about stuff like this since LG56. And my intent was not to fear-monger, sorry that it came off that way.

—————————————————————————————————

You make a good point, but I have no other elim read than you. Unless you account for the person who has been said to be roleblocked from two different people. If we all agree on the same person, I would be interested in moving the lynch to them instead of you. Until then however, I will continue to push for you lynch.

Upon looking at LG56, I believe that you've proven my point for me, Ventyl. That's the game where I claimed Kandra and lied about an alignment scan to keep myself alive, yes? As an eliminator, parity means victory, therefore losing a single elim makes winning significantly more difficult for their team. I would not put my life at risk so carelessly.

Does anyone want to just say who they where told was role blocked and how many times they where PM'd a certain person was roleblocked, excluding the names of people who PM'd them? I would do it, but I don't want to be the only one doing it. If we do do it, (By 'we' I mean a majority of people) we might be able to Lynch a elim C2. 

Just now, eltruT said:

Does anyone want to just say who they where told was role blocked and how many times they where PM'd a certain person was roleblocked, excluding the names of people who PM'd them? I would do it, but I don't want to be the only one doing it. If we do do it, (By 'we' I mean a majority of people) we might be able to Lynch a elim C2. 

I'll do it as well.

25 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Shouldn't we all just... post who we received messages about in the thread?

24 minutes ago, eltruT said:

I... have no idea. @Danex what are your thoughts on it? 

I think we definitely should, but maybe next cycle. I just want to give the chain time to go around. If you’re the Roleblocker, send a few more messages here and there.

Just now, Danex said:

I think we definitely should, but maybe next cycle. I just want to give the chain time to go around. If you’re the Roleblocker, send a few more messages here and there.

Hmm... ok, but I really want to Lynch an elim. 

Gah why does my autocorrect capitalize the L in Lynch? 

3 minutes ago, Danex said:

Are you sure it's a good idea to wait? I don't know about you guys, but I've gotten multiple PMs already saying the same person. I would guess that enough other people have gotten PMs to confirm that it's not just a group of elims lying about 

Edit: clicked submit accidentally, so here's the end of that sentence: "about who it is."

Edited by Quinn0928

2 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Are you sure it's a good idea to wait? I don't know about you guys, but I've gotten multiple PMs already saying the same person. I would guess that enough other people have gotten PMs to confirm that it's not just a group of elims lying about 

Edit: clicked submit accidentally, so here's the end of that sentence: "about who it is."

I have also gotten multiple messages about the same person, but it’s still very possible that the Elims have hijacked this. I expected there to be some discrepancies, and then we would just find whichever was sent the most. The fact that there’s only one discernible chain is concerning.

1 minute ago, Danex said:

I have also gotten multiple messages about the same person, but it’s still very possible that the Elims have hijacked this. I expected there to be some discrepancies, and then we would just find whichever was sent the most. The fact that there’s only one discernible chain is concerning.

I have gotten messages about two people, though one of those was brought up as an aside during other communications. I would be willing to share the information. 

7 minutes ago, Gears said:

I have gotten messages about two people, though one of those was brought up as an aside during other communications. I would be willing to share the information. 

I'm not sure if I would trust Gears on this--or on anything. The three PMs I got all independently claimed him as roleblocked. That in and of itself could have been a false trail, but he also responded to the PM we had saying that he had gotten messages saying I was the one who was roleblocked. I would even have been willing to believe *that*, but he said one of the PMs was from @Danex who happens to be one of the three that messaged me. And Danex seems to be saying that they have gotten messages about only one person and haven't seen any discrepancies. So someone here is lying.

Edit: yes I realize that Gears could be referring to himself and me as the two he's received communication about. But my point about Danex still stands.

Edited by Quinn0928

1 minute ago, Quinn0928 said:

I'm not sure if I would trust Gears on this--or on anything. The three PMs I got all independently claimed him as roleblocked. That in and of itself could have been a false trail, but he also responded to the PM we had saying that he had gotten messages saying I was the one who was roleblocked. I would even have been willing to believe *that*, but he said one of the PMs was from @Danex who happens to be one of the three that messaged me. And Danex seems to be saying that they have gotten messages about only one person and haven't seen any discrepancies. So someone here is lying.

Oooookay, I guess we’re putting all cards on the table. 
I did not PM gears.

3 minutes ago, Danex said:

Oooookay, I guess we’re putting all cards on the table. 
I did not PM gears.

7 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

I didn't say Danex PMed me. I was PMed by a person who said that Danex PMed them that Quinn was roleblocked. I could reveal their identities, if you like.

4 minutes ago, eltruT said:

I was PMd that Gears was role blocked. I guess... Gears.

Alright, I wasn't going to reveal your identity, but you PMed me that you were told Quinn was roleblocked. You could have gotten PMed about me and Quinn, but then why not be honest about it?

4 minutes ago, Gears said:

Alright, I wasn't going to reveal your identity, but you PMed me that you were told Quinn was roleblocked. You could have gotten PMed about me and Quinn, but then why not be honest about it?

turtle was the second person who PMd me about Gears having been roleblocked. Although, honestly, I've been getting kind of elim vibes from turtle all game. The third person who PMd me was @Ashbringer before you ask.

Edit: though, come to think of it, it's unlikely that both Gears and turtle are elims, so I guess Gears is probably lying about turtle. Sorry for jumping to conclusions turtle!

Edited by Quinn0928

Well, I've gotten one claim that states Gears was the one RB. (I'm pretty sure it wasn't a chain, and instead a response to my request for roleclaims though) I'm going to keep my vote on Aman though because what ghander said above me. I think, that while gears might be elim it is possible it's misdirection from elims, who could have pulled this off rather easily.

Edit: Wait.... It might have been a chain.

Edited by Shard of Reading

4 minutes ago, Gears said:

I was PMed by a person who said that Danex PMed them that Quinn was roleblocked. I could reveal their identities, if you like.

I never told anyone that Quinn was roleblocked. Please do reveal.

1 minute ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Before we slaughter Gears, keep in mind that the RBer, if there is one and Reading isn’t just TLR, could have not PMed anyone and an elim might’ve started the chain.

Yes. I think that's more likely than only the genuine message spreading until now. There are several elims and I doubt that most RBers would roleblock every time, so statistically it's probably more likely that an elim sent the first pm in the chain than that the right RBer sent it, so I'm suspicious of how long it took for a second message to start spreading.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
15 hours ago, Danex said:

I actually don’t think Books is Elim. Well, I don’t really think they’re Vil either, I have them as Null. My plan is a little iffy, and they made some valid points. I’m going for Somebody from Sel or Ventyl, as they seemed very bandwagony.

Also there is the person who I’ve seen the most in the PM chain, but I think we let the chain go for a while, maybe have them be the vote next cycle. 

Voting Gears ✓just read through this and I was told Gears was rbed so I would say get them (him?)

1 minute ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

so I'm suspicious of how long it took for a second message to start spreading.

Also, I think the only reason we have 2 chains is because Turtle was intentionally trying to mislead Gears. Turtle told me that they had only seen Gears, but then Turtle had to PM gears, so Turtle told Gears, Quinn, because telling Gears that he was the main target probably wasn’t very smart. 
So that whole chain was intentionally fake.

But then, turtle acted confused to me in PMs when the Quinn chain came around to Turtle again. But Turtle started that chain, why would they be surprised? There was some PM confusion, where me and Turtle had 2 PMs, so maybe Turtle didn’t realize that I knew that Turtle had started it. Verrrrrrrrery suspicious. 

(also, if this whole post sounds kinda weird, I tried to avoid using any pronouns, because this is a complicated situation and I want to be very clear in whom I’m talking about.)

1 minute ago, Danex said:

Also, I think the only reason we have 2 chains is because Turtle was intentionally trying to mislead Gears

Yeah, that's what I was trying to do. This is a mess. 

9 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Voting Gears ✓just read through this and I was told Gears was rbed so I would say get them (him?)

Do you have any suspicions of your own? 

2 minutes ago, Danex said:

There was some PM confusion, where me and Turtle had 2 PMs, so maybe Turtle didn’t realize that I knew that Turtle had started it. Verrrrrrrrery suspicious. 

No I knew, I actually removed myself from that PM a few minutes ago, but yeah I knew that you knew I had started that chain.

(Incredibly off topic, but will someone remind me to RP the hive mind hornets when I next vote?)

Turtle, you have continued to somewhat dodge the question that I’ve asked you in both this thread, and PMs.

If you knew that I knew that you started the chain, why would you act surprised when it came around to you again?

Turtle said, and I (almost) quote. “Storms, I was just PMd that Quinn was roleblocked.” (Not an exact quote because quoting from PMs is illegal iirc, but that’s almost exactly what they said.)

So why would you be surprised by that? You started the chain.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
3 minutes ago, eltruT said:

Yeah, that's what I was trying to do. This is a mess. 

Do you have any suspicions of your own? 

No I knew, I actually removed myself from that PM a few minutes ago, but yeah I knew that you knew I had started that chain.

(Incredibly off topic, but will someone remind me to RP the hive mind hornets when I next vote?)

I do now, but I'm staying on Gears for now. I might be convinced to go on Turtle or Aman next round but it will take a lot of convincing to get me to vote Aman and way less to vote Turtle

59 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

This feels like fearmongering, which is one of the reasons I stopped playing in the first place :( I understand why you may feel the need to double down on me, Ventyl, since you're on your way to being lynched, but it should be fairly obvious that I'm not an eliminator.

If I was an eliminator, I would have kept my vote on Illwei or Bearing for self-preservation's sake. I did not realize Bearing was a new player, but once that became apparent, I decided to sacrifice myself to keep them alive. Not to mention that no one attempted to save my life; only illwei changed their vote, who was proven a villager, and Somebody, who was voting for me initially.

Aman, I think you are someone I need to work out things with early. I still have suspicions about you, but I'm trying to work through some of your explanations for your actions. If you are indeed a Villager, I want to find that out and keep you around to help us. I considered just PMing you to discuss things, but it's probably not good to play the game mostly through PMs.

Anyway, since the votes ended up with more on Illwei at EoD, the reasonings about how you didn't vote Illwei to self-preserve and that no one tried to save you don't really apply. Yes, I understand you may have been at risk at one point, but there was still time for you or an Elim partner to hop back on Illwei if you were at risk at the very end. And an Elim would look for an excuse to stay off the Villager wagon, which the switch to Bearer and then to no one could be.

I also have to admit I don't like how I'm seeing you use heavily-loaded words like "fearmongering" and I think previously "nefarious". These seem like ways to sway people into thinking the extremes about a discussion. Like anyone expressing suspicion of you for previous games is fearmongering rather than simply using meta about you, which is common. I mean, I do also get your viewpoint. Just because you've been good playing as Elim, it doesn't mean people should automatically try to get rid of you. That's no fun.

So I still have you as an Elim lean, but I want to give you a chance yet.