On 11/6/2020 at 4:42 PM, Matrim's Dice said:
  • Canton of Resource: Once per cycle, a member of the CoR can remove a vote off of any player.
  • Canton of Finance: Once per cycle, a member of the CoF can move a lynch vote to any player, but this action cancels their own vote.

this may seem like a dumb question but what is the difference between a lynch vote and a normal vote? I assume that when picking someone to lynch your vote is a lynch vote, but when would you need a vote otherwise?

edit: My character's name is Mr. Goat

Edited by Chasmgoat

11 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

this may seem like a dumb question but what is the difference between a lynch vote and a normal vote? I assume that when picking someone to lynch your vote is a lynch vote, but when would you need a vote otherwise?

edit: My character's name is Mr. Goat

There isn’t one :P. Just a differencing choice of words on my part. Sorry about that. Both instances just refer to who you vote on to be ejected from the game.

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

There isn’t one :P. Just a differencing choice of words on my part. Sorry about that. Both instances just refer to who you vote on to be ejected from the game.

ok, thanks. I was confused. so is the canton of resource better than the canton of finance?

edit: another question, where do you submit what you are doing for your action?

Edited by Chasmgoat

11 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

edit: another question, where do you submit what you are doing for your action?

On the day it starts we’re going to send a pm out to you with your role and you submit actions through that

(hi I’m the co-gm)

Edited by Lotus

31 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

ok, thanks. I was confused. so is the canton of resource better than the canton of finance?

Finance’s action is more powerful, but is balanced with the own vote removal. They’re about the same, or are supposed to be.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Finance’s action is more powerful, but is balanced with the own vote removal. They’re about the same, or are supposed to be.

looking back, they are the exact same thing but different words. I suppose it works though.

8 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

looking back, they are the exact same thing but different words. I suppose it works though.

Well, one removes a vote entirely, and the other moves it to a different target, so they’re not exactly the same. But yeah.

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Well, one removes a vote entirely, and the other moves it to a different target, so they’re not exactly the same. But yeah.

well, I think they are the same because when you remove a vote you can add your own to a different target, but I may be missing something and you are more experienced and stuff

edit: I just realized that you don't have to add a new vote and so they are not exactly the same.

Edited by Chasmgoat

21 minutes ago, Danex said:

Are there any rules against being in 2 games at once?

If you are indeed allowed to be in multiple games at a time, sign me up. No character. 

Yep that’s fine. I’ll get you in the OP list tomorrow cause it’s late :P.

1 hour ago, Ventyl said:

Considering during the timeline, Lafay is “dead” on Scadrial right now, I won’t use him.

I’ll sign up as Bateaux. I’ve made a oath with myself for every time I play a Scadrial game, I’ll make the name too French.

I was trying to think of what the naming thing was on Scadrial (Roshar has symmetry, Sel has Aons) but I couldn't remember and picked basically at random, and it actually works.

1 minute ago, Quinn0928 said:

btw @eltruT @Shard of Reading @Ghanderflaffle Sedra is actually Rinala under a different name, so you will recognize me lol

B) Well technically Reading is the same person because he's a shard. But he's died so many times he really needs to learn not to get into games of chicken with his life.

54 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

I haven’t actually developed Kriti into a roleplay character yet, so it's really just me with a different name.

I'm hoping that Rinala/Sedra/[redacted] (her real name which I never intend to reveal to anyone, though I have decided on it) will survive long enough for me to actually develop her into a character. I mean, so far I know she's part of both the Diagram and the Ghostbloods, which is interesting lol also since she's on Scadrial I guess that kind of makes her a worldhopper too?

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

I'm hoping that Rinala/Sedra/[redacted] (her real name which I never intend to reveal to anyone, though I have decided on it) will survive long enough for me to actually develop her into a character. I mean, so far I know she's part of both the Diagram and the Ghostbloods, which is interesting lol also since she's on Scadrial I guess that kind of makes her a worldhopper too?

I think it's safe to say most of them are worldhoppers. ;)