Guest Somebody from Scadrial
4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Bearer. I wasn't happy with how quickly they attempted to join my vote on Illwei the first time, and I've become increasingly uncomfortable with this lynch as more people have chimed in.

ED1T:

Neither of these posts tell us why you're voting for Illwei, Bearer.

I'm going off Aman and onto Bearer  

4 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

newbies who are elims their first game (like I was for the QF, so I know what I'm talking about) would generally be counseled by their fellow elims in the elim doc to keep a low profile (like I was) and not vote on the first turn, certainly not without good reason

That's interesting, seeing as I've seen people in the mid-late game look specifically at those people who don't vote D1. Villagers are more likely to vote D1 because they know nothing. Elims know that everyone is a villager, so they have a harder time voting in general, but especially on D1 when village knows nothing. 

EDIT:

I'm also really not liking this sudden shift onto bearer? Agh! what else did I want when I started it?

Edited by Illwei

1 minute ago, Quinn0928 said:

Personally, I don't think that Bearer is an elim, or that it's worth voting for them. I mean, for self-preservation reasons, I guess I see why Illwei and Aman are, but think about it: newbies who are elims their first game (like I was for the QF, so I know what I'm talking about) would generally be counseled by their fellow elims in the elim doc to keep a low profile (like I was) and not vote on the first turn, certainly not without good reason. Also they likely wouldn't have to ask how to do the colors. So I don't think it's Bearer.

Do you have any suspicions? Even if it's myself or Illwei. We don't have much time this round, so if you're here and can post, it's best to share your thoughts on all the candidates

9 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Bearer. I wasn't happy with how quickly they attempted to join my vote on Illwei the first time, and I've become increasingly uncomfortable with this lynch as more people have chimed in.

ED1T:

Neither of these posts tell us why you're voting for Illwei, Bearer.

This is my first game, and I’m not good at  reading people. So I just agreed with you. Also, Illwei’s posts look, calm. 

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Ohhhhhhhhh I don’t like this switch...

But I don’t really like that Bearer vote either. But I also really don’t like voting out a new player D1. But I also really don’t want to vote out returning Aman D1. And I have no clue about Illwei.

This is why it's important to have lynch discussion before EoD :P I feel like a headless chicken at the moment

Just now, Illwei said:

That's interesting, seeing as I've seen people in the mid-late game look specifically at those people who don't vote D1. Villagers are more likely to vote D1 because they know nothing. Elims know that everyone is a villager, so they have a harder time voting in general, but especially on D1 when village knows nothing. 

That's true of experienced players, yes, and experienced elims, from what I've seen, try to vote D1. But nobody really expects a player to immediately get what's going on during their first game, so if you're an elim your first game it's pretty easy to fly under the radar (which, again, is what I did during the QF). 

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Do you have any suspicions? Even if it's myself or Illwei. We don't have much time this round, so if you're here and can post, it's best to share your thoughts on all the candidates

At this point in the game? No. Keep in mind it's only my second game, and no amount of logic or past experience with other social deduction games can make up for knowing a player's play-style. The most active players so far have been you and Illwei, and I don't know enough about you to know whether you're being suspicious or not. As for Illwei, I thought they seemed suspicious last game and I *was literally an elim* so I don't trust my reads of them very much.

Just now, Bearer of all agonies said:

This is my first game, and I’m not good at  reading people. So I just agreed with you. Also, Illwei’s posts look, calm. 

Why did you delete the part of your post where you said "sorry Illwei" ?

Illwei stood defiantly against the rain, tattooed face wet with the tears from above. She was standing over a cliffside, knowing exactly who was coming. There was little point in resisting, not when she had nothing to hide.

Illwei regretted dying so soon, and for reasons so small. Her skills as a result devoted to her Canton were wasted. But she stood, expression never faulting, knowing that this was what The Lord Ruler must have wanted for her. At the very least, her death would provide insight on who truly were the violent Inquisitors.

She heard the other approach behind her. She said nothing at their jeers, their call of 'Inquisitor!', but stood firm in her firmness. Finally, Illwei felt a knife point from behind slide in her back. she didn't even wince at the pain. As her last act, she flung off her hood, turned, and showed herself for what she really was. An Obligator. The others behind stirred.

And Illwei jumped, taking the knife- still in her back- with her. Off the cliffside. A final choice, plummeting her to the rocks below.  

Reading stepped purposefully down the narrow streets, staying away from the shadowed areas darkened by the shadows of the buildings. It already was dim because of the setting sun- a fact Reading already found annoying, the last thing he wanted was to be caught alone in the dark- and he hurried towards his home. 

Feeling especially paranoid, he opened a flap on his backpack and let out a hornet, specially trained for reconnaissance. It was to fly around the area and warn him of anyone hiding where he himself could not see them. It was one of the only ways to improve his chance of survival- not that he expected to be attacked, but it never hurt to be careful, especially now.

As the sun set further into the horizon, the sky only got darker, and Reading only grew more frightened. He felt his life hanging in the balance. Every skittering rat stopped him still. He adjusted his sunglasses. Where was the hornet? As an extra precaution, Reading scattered lego pieces in front of him as he walked. He soon ran out, and was forced to carry on alone. Soon, he would reach his apartment. Then he would be safe.

Not soon enough.

The hornet zipped back, significantly faster than Reading had ever seen it fly before, heading right for Reading’s chest. He jumped back in surprise, but the hornet wasn’t aiming to strike Reading.

Out of the gloom, a single coin shot directly at Reading’s chest. He hardly had time to let out a scream. He closed his eyes. But felt no pain, nor loss of consciousness.

He cracked an eye open just soon enough to see a cloaked figure leaping away into the night. Glancing down at the ground before him, he saw his hornet, bug guts sprayed against the pavement, a single coin implanted in its side. The hornet had saved his life, deflecting and intercepting the coin just enough.

Before sprinting away, Reading scooped up the coin and wiped it clean on his coat. After tonight, it was his best luck charm. 

He spared a single glance at his loyal insect friend, then finally let out a breath. He had survived. He had survived.

Illwei has been lynched! She was an Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy.

Shard of Reading was attacked, but survived!

Vote count:

• Illwei (2): TJ Shade, eltruT, Bearer of all agonies
  • Amanuensis (2): Ventyl, Whysper
  • Bearer of all agonies (1): Somebody from Sel
  • Vapor (1): Illwei

Cycle Two has begun! It will end in 48 hours, on Tuesday November 17th (RoW!!!) at 1 pm PST

• I have a new appreciation for GMs.
  • PM's are open. Group PM's are not allowed. Include myself, Lotus, and Devotary in any PM's made.
  • The lynch has a 1 vote minimum. Tied lynches will be randomly decided.
  • The Happy Obligator has informed me they have to step out. I don't have a pinch hitter for them, but I will soon. 
  • The Lord Ruler has aligned with a faction. Let the Games Begin!

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Chasmgoat - Mr. Goat
  2. @Quinn0928 - Sedra
  3. @Ashbringer - Faleast
  4. @Bearer of all agonies
  5. @Whysper
  6. IllweiObligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy
  7. @Somebody from Sel - Somebody F. Inquisitive
  8. @Gears - Runern Evo
  9. @eltruT - Turtle
  10. @Channelknight Fadran - Nardaf
  11. @Kings_way - Flamel
  12. @Danex - Notani N Quisitor, Murder Hornet Trainer and Comically Large Sunglasses Enthusiast.
  13. @Ghanderflaffle - Kriti
  14. @Shard of Reading - Reading
  15. @Ventyl - Bateaux
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. @Condensation - Connie
  18. @JesterLavorre
  19. @The Happy Obligator - Noorden
  20. @Vapor
  21. @Amanuensis - Vigor
  22. @Flyingbooks42 - Kesilen (Alloise)

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

Dang it sorry Illwei also Fadran Illwei had three people voting on them, but there were only two votes, Illwei was tie voted off

Edited by Somebody from Sel

I'll do a bigger post later, but for now I just want to say my initial thoughts:

I... don't think we'll ever be able to understand that Vapor vote. 
Does anyone want to claim saving Reading?

and wait.... VOTE MANIP... Hmmmm... 

Edited by eltruT

1 minute ago, eltruT said:

I'll do a bigger post later, but for now I just want to say my initial thoughts:

I... don't think we'll ever be able to understand that Vapor vote. 
Does anyone want to claim saving Reading 

and wait.... VOTE MANIP... Hmmmm... 

There's no role that saves people, unless you mean that someone might have roleblocked whoever submitted the kill on reading?