1 hour ago, Quinn0928 said:

First of all, is every obligator necessarily part of a canton? Are all the inquisitors? Is TLR? Because if everyone except for TLR, or TLR and the inquisitors, is part of a canton, then rolescanners could be used as alignment scanners as well, right?

PAFO

1 hour ago, Quinn0928 said:

Second, can the Spiked and Compounding roles be roleblocked? That is, if we suspected someone of being TLR or an inquisitor and wanted to lynch them, would it help to ask obligators in the Canton of Inquisition to (anonymously) roleblock that person? Also, can TLR's Overseer role be roleblocked? If it's roleblocked, can it be used the next turn or does TLR have to wait two turns? 

First, no. The survival roles are passive and cannot be blocked. The Overseer can be roleblocked, but it won't use up the action for the two cycle duration.

While I'm here, vote count (Ash ninja'd me xD):

• Amanuensis (2): Ventyl, Whysper
  • Gears (1): Illwei
  • Illwei (1): Amanuensis

There are two hours remaining in the cycle.

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Because if anyone survives a kill, they’re either an Elim with the Spiked ability, or the Lord Ruler who may or may not be an Elim. And even if an Elim!Lord Ruler doesn’t count towards a win con, they do have a vote and can easily find other Elims to coordinate with, which essentially brings Lylo a turn sooner and essentially is what happened to Mist as the HI last game. 

You make good points but coordinate with elims how? HI is in no way similar to TLR. HI could coordinate with elims because their role-scan is important to find important village roles and Hemalurgists. TLR is an alignment scanner so I'm not sure how or what they'd coordinate with elims, or how it would make LyLo occur sooner. You point about their vote is a good one, but I still think I prefer not to waste a lynch on them.

2 hours ago, Ventyl said:

May I ask, why does my post sound off to you? Was I not clear in what I was trying to say? If so I’ll clarify. What I meant was that in my first game I didn’t really think about the logistics and details of Day One Lynching, I just did it because Striker told me that it was good... So I was trying to complement Books, who as a first time player (I think), is already thinking about this stuff

This is Books' 2nd game. The recently concluded LG71 was their first. They just said they didn't prefer an elimination in the first round, which I think is a common sentiment for a new p layer to have. So it's not really about logistics or details, and when you played it up as a good idea, I found it suspicious.  

2 hours ago, Whysper said:

Okay, I find this whole post by Aman suspicious. This looks like an attempt to pocket TJ and then shade 3 other players for seeming slightly off? And Illwei and I are fairly active players, so possibly an attempt to get rid of us early or at least make people suspect us throughout the game.

I actually agree with Aman with respect to Illwei. I've noticed that Illwei is a lot more confident when she's village than when she's elim. I particularly noticed the difference while playing LG70 (confident village Illwei) on the back of LG69(hedgy elim Illwei). That 'law of averages' vote against Gears doesn't help it either. And I don't even think he was trying to throw shade on you, he just told he wasn't immediately reading you village like he did last game. So I don't agree with the suspicion, and do not want him voted out on C1 based on the said suspicion. Illwei

But this suspicion makes me read Whysper as village (subject to post C3 scrutiny of course). Reading Ash as village too for his push on killing outed elim-aligned TLR. And wow, five votes including mine with just around 90 mins to go. That's unheard of. Vote participation is important as elims can hide without voting, guys. 

01:00PM here so I'll be heading off to sleep

Edited by TJ Shade
Oh dear, I messed up the formatting. Hold on a second. I'm on my phone.

I don't think that Aman is a good D1 kill. If he's an Elim then he's dangerous for sure, but as it's Day 1 we don't have enough evidence to think that so far IMO. 

"but Illwei, we never have enough info to be sure of someone D1"

Okay, you're not wrong, but IMO Aman has the ability to be very useful to village if we let him live past D1. 

It's probably close enough to rollover though that people might not see this.

I completely misread the last Aman post :P. I'm surprised I seem more chaotic this game? I thought I was pretty chaotic D1 of last game. I might have been a bit less chaotic because I was trying to get the Hemalurgists to read me village :P.

A complete sidenote: I just think 48 hour one cycle games are interesting. I hear that QFs favor the Elims, but do MRs favor the village? the same amount of time to talk during the game, but the Elims don't get the extra time after the execution to talk about their kill, they have to decide at the same time that village decides. Just something I was thinking about because I played a 36/12 game recently.

EDIT:

7 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

I actually agree with Aman with respect to Illwei.

;-;

EDIT EDIT:

Man, I really don't want to have to put a vote on Aman for self pres, especially after writing this :P.

I was going to bring up a point earlier...about how since so little people are involved in the vote right now that I don't think any of the top people are Elims? (Don't you (you in the general sense of *waves arms around* you) dare tell me that it doesn't matter, or that I'm defending them as I was right about this every time in LG71, and if people had noticed this on the last day.. :P.) I would think that normally I would read TJ as Elim for that, but I was 100% looking for someone else to vote on to get the vote off of Aman...so I can't really blame him... :P.

Edited by Illwei

4 hours ago, Illwei said:

Eh, My defense is that I am still...working on not being hedgy? I mean, it's day 1- I don't really have many solid reads :P. 

Ehh, technically true, as I know more of mist than a new player, so I'd much rather see how the new player plays before killing them off on Day- wait. "mis" ? ahhh. no, Just vote. I mean, I of course would feel less comfortable killing someone who's new, so, yeah. valid I guess. 

Current thoughts:

TLR discussion: Killing TLR if we find them basically only benefits the Elims. as (gears?) pointed out, the TLR is a much more helpful ally to us than the Elims. With us they can (somewhat) rolescan, and with the Elims....they are...nothing? ... so Even if TLR tries to claim to the Elims, then the Elims don't lose much from killing them, as worst case scenario they know the Identities of the Elims, and will give them to village. 

Fadran

Gears

It's gotta be you one of these times....

Aren't you... against poke votes? Illwei I know its not a lot to go off of, but I know you are very much against poke votes and your reasoning for this vote doesn't exactly make sense. Also, your posts this game have been slightly shorter than I feel normal (Though that might just be because D4 of a LG there is a lot more to go off of.)

8 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

You make good points but coordinate with elims how? HI is in no way similar to TLR. HI could coordinate with elims because their role-scan is important to find important village roles and Hemalurgists. TLR is an alignment scanner so I'm not sure how or what they'd coordinate with elims, or how it would make LyLo occur sooner. You point about their vote is a good one, but I still think I prefer not to waste a lynch on them.

• Alignment-scan an Elim
  • PM said Elim
  • ???
  • Profit

... but, yeah. Besides an extra vote, I'm honestly not sure what TLR could do. I'm a little suspicious of them also being a Mistborn, as that makes thematic sense, but I don't really have many ideas beyond that. (Translation: I do have a couple ideas but I'm not telling :P).

The problem is I'm fairly sure the first Spiked Inquisitor we lynch will claim Lord Ruler in an effort to not immediately die, and I don't want that to be an effective escape hatch with no proof.

1 minute ago, eltruT said:

Aren't you... against poke votes?

*sigh* okay:

First of all: I am against poke votes when they are phrased as such. (ie. "Haha I'm going to vote on Matrim! Haha how funny but I'll take it off later dw." or "I'm going to throw a poke vote at Lotus! haha! Get Poked!) 

Second of all: You jumping onto me doesn't feel right. I'm way more inclined to vote Aman right now. is this because I haven't responded to your PM, so you can't successfully pocket me like you wanted? :P. overall I think you have acted much more like you did when you were an Elim- Minimal talking, and the phrasing around your vote definitely sounds a bit forced to me.

As for my posts, I definitely said that I would be putting less time into this than the long game :P. (that's not going to end up happening, but I can dream :P.) so of course my posts would reflect that. you are also right about there being much more to talk about on D4 of a LG (especially last LG), but I think... *looks up at post* I think I'm doing pretty good. most of it has been defending me....but that's fine for now, I don't have much else to talk about except my hesitations about killing Aman right now and...was there anything else? Slight suspicion of You, Ash, and TJ. (also I edited a paragraph in at the bottom of my last post, if you (turtle) saw it bc you (turtle) posted at the same time I finished editing :P. 

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

Vote count? @Matrim's Dice @Lotus sorry but the voting has been busy

Also after reading through in gonna vote Amanuensis but I think both Aman and Illwei are Elims bit if TJ isn't Illwei is and if Illwei is TJ so here's my sus:

Aman: Elim with Illwei or TJ

Illwei: Elim if TJ isn't, Village if TJ is Elim

TJ: above reasonings

1 minute ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Vote count? @Matrim's Dice @Lotus sorry but the voting has been busy

Also after reading through in gonna vote Amanuensis but I think both Aman and Illwei are Elims bit if TJ isn't Illwei is and if Illwei is TJ so here's my sus:

Aman: Elim with Illwei or TJ

Illwei: Elim if TJ isn't, Village if TJ is Elim

TJ: above reasonings

Can you give your reasonings? I don't want to mark this Elim, because I was wrong about you last game. I still don't think Aman should ever be a D1 kill unless it's Elim- Motivated. 

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Can you give your reasonings? I don't want to mark this Elim, because I was wrong about you last game. I still don't think Aman should ever be a D1 kill unless it's Elim- Motivated. 

I really don't want to go back and find them but I will if pushed (not voted just pushed to explain them) also I don't know how Aman plays so I can't tell but Aman seems REALLY sus to me right now. You and TJ's suspicion levels are playing off each other, which is what makes me think it's one or the other.

5 hours ago, Illwei said:

Eh, My defense is that I am still...working on not being hedgy? I mean, it's day 1- I don't really have many solid reads :P. 

Ehh, technically true, as I know more of mist than a new player, so I'd much rather see how the new player plays before killing them off on Day- wait. "mis" ? ahhh. no, Just vote. I mean, I of course would feel less comfortable killing someone who's new, so, yeah. valid I guess. 

Current thoughts:

TLR discussion: Killing TLR if we find them basically only benefits the Elims. as (gears?) pointed out, the TLR is a much more helpful ally to us than the Elims. With us they can (somewhat) rolescan, and with the Elims....they are...nothing? ... so Even if TLR tries to claim to the Elims, then the Elims don't lose much from killing them, as worst case scenario they know the Identities of the Elims, and will give them to village. 

Fadran

Gears

It's gotta be you one of these times....

I can agree that on Day 1 it's essentially impossible to have solid reads. But what I found unusual was you posting afterwards that you could be hallucinating about the Connie/Mist connection while addressing that it could be a tunnel. As Whysper said last game, I'd expect the more experienced villagers to show more effort in solving. I can say this post and the last couple you've ninja'd me with do make me feel better about you, though.

2 hours ago, Ventyl said:

The reason it feels very different is because this game is in different circumstances. In the QF, I already had a suspicion day one because I wasn’t on until near the end of the first cycle. Whereas here, I was on pretty early and nothing had happened to give me any suspicious. If you go look at most of my games, I usually start them like this. In fact in the QF, my post was only like that because the shard ate my post that would’ve been a more standard Ventyl post. 

That is fair. I personally have been unable read much from the beginning of this turn due to the minimal number of votes and discussion centered around the TLR.

2 hours ago, Whysper said:

Okay, I find this whole post by Aman suspicious. This looks like an attempt to pocket TJ and then shade 3 other players for seeming slightly off? And Illwei and I are fairly active players, so possibly an attempt to get rid of us early or at least make people suspect us throughout the game.

Amanuensis

Regarding TJ, his post was the first to challenge the TLR discussion / try to put an end to it and get the lynch moving again. After the fact, he's my only solid read that leans toward villager, although I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable with the Illwei lynch now that so many have joined in the last stretch.

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I can agree that on Day 1 it's essentially impossible to have solid reads. But what I found unusual was you posting afterwards that you could be hallucinating about the Connie/Mist connection while addressing that it could be a tunnel. As Whysper said last game, I'd expect the more experienced villagers to show more effort in solving. I can say this post and the last couple you've ninja'd me with do make me feel better about you, though.

That is fair. I personally have been unable read much from the beginning of this turn due to the minimal number of votes and discussion centered around the TLR.

Regarding TJ, his post was the first to challenge the TLR discussion / try to put an end to it and get the lynch moving again. After the fact, he's my only solid read that leans toward villager, although I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable with the Illwei lynch now that so many have joined in the last stretch.

This makes me trust you slightly more staying on you though

One thing about a Connie must connection is that they are literally a brother, sister combo which might be effecting things.

I agree that TLR discussion is bad short term but I think it will be good long term

This could explain away a pocket attempt my reads still stand, I think if you are a Elim either Illwei or TJ is a Elim with you.

Just now, Bearer of all agonies said:

How do I make something turn colors???

I’m on mobile. 

Like this: [ c o l o r = r e d / g r e e n ]   n a m e   [ / c o l o r ] without all the spaces

My problem is I really don't know who to vote on. I don't see a lot of things, and I just- I feel bad voting on newer players and the like. My thoughts:

New, Don't like killing new people D1-

Spoiler

- Chasmgoat
 - Bearer
 - Fadran
 - Obligator

Newer Players

Spoiler

- Quinn
 - Somebody
 - Kings_way
 - Connie
 - Books
 - Danex
 - Whysper??
 - Jester
 - Ghander

People who Die D1

Spoiler

- Gears
 - Reading
 - Ventyl

Me

Spoiler

- Illwei

People who are good at being villagers?

Spoiler

- Aman
 - TJ

People who couldn't possibly be an Elim four times in a row....

Spoiler

- Ashbringer

People who haven't really talked

Spoiler

- Vapor
 - Turtle

That leaves- no one. I'm really terrible at this. :P. 

EDIT:

I'd expect the more experienced villagers to show more effort in solving

;-;. oof, ouch.

Edited by Illwei

8 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Pretty much agree with everything said by TJ here. Regardless of him starting this game voting for me, Ventyl's initial post feels very different from the last game we just played. I probably would join the vote with you if he were here. Maybe tomorrow :P

Most of today has been fairly random or NAI. I'm not reading Whysper as immediately village, which is sad, because I thought their D1 in the same LG was very pure.

Illwei is also giving me odd vibes. They didn't seem nearly as chaotic in the last game we played, and their "tunnel" (if genuine) on Mist/Fadran feels kind of hedgy. My current theory is they were comfortable starting a mislynch on Mist until the new player took over for the slot.

3 hours ago, Whysper said:

Amanuensis

I'm tempted to change my vote to Whysper here. They've managed to assign a lot of nefarious intent to what essentially boils down to my read list at the time. Lean villager on TJ, uncertain about Ventyl enough to pursue that slot when he's around to bounce posts off of, sadness because I admittedly was hoping that Whysper would be an easy village read like the LG, and then genuine suspicion toward Illwei for their post-vote hedginess. It feels disingenuous to call any of this pocketing or shading. Would you rather me not share my thoughts with the thread?

2 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

I am so stupid. I can’t get this to work. 
Can I just say,

(Illwei in red)

I will try again when I get my computer. 

[color=red][/color]

Also....Why? I'm not liking this sudden wave of voting me? especially mostly new players who suddenly decide to vote. 

EDIT:

It's just bearer that's new, I'm hallucinating. (er, and turtle :P.)

Edited by Illwei

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

My problem is I really don't know who to vote on. I don't see a lot of things, and I just- I feel bad voting on newer players and the like. My thoughts:

New, Don't like killing new people D1-

Hide contents

- Chasmgoat
 - Bearer
 - Fadran
 - Obligator

Newer Players

Hide contents

- Quinn
 - Somebody
 - Kings_way
 - Connie
 - Books
 - Danex
 - Whysper??
 - Jester
 - Ghander

People who Die D1

Hide contents

- Gears
 - Reading
 - Ventyl

Me

Hide contents

- Illwei

People who are good at being villagers?

Hide contents

- Aman
 - TJ

People who couldn't possibly be an Elim four times in a row....

Hide contents

- Ashbringer

People who haven't really talked

Hide contents

- Vapor
 - Turtle

That leaves- no one. I'm really terrible at this. :P. 

I feel like I'm more in stride this game for some reason. Also my reads on Illwei and TJ are entirely dependant on Aman being Elim. Also Bearer try this without the space in-between the brackets and words: [ color=red/green ] name [ /color ]

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

[color=red][/color]

Also....Why? I'm not liking this sudden wave of voting me? especially mostly new players who suddenly decide to vote.

I go with the flow. 
illwei

Edited by Bearer of all agonies
Hey it actually worked

13 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

This could explain away a pocket attempt my reads still stand, I think if you are a Elim either Illwei or TJ is a Elim with you.

1 minute ago, Somebody from Sel said:

I feel like I'm more in stride this game for some reason. Also my reads on Illwei and TJ are entirely dependant on Aman being Elim. Also Bearer try this without the space in-between the brackets and words: [ color=red/green ] name [ /color ]

I don't exactly understand this, SfS. If you believe I'm an eliminator, why would I be voting for my teammate on D1? That would be very counterintuitive to our win con.

Bearer

I don't vote on new players, but the "Sorry Illwei" is something I don't like. If you're going to vote me and put me in the lead so I might die, why say sorry?  :P. Do you have TMI that I am infact a villager? :P. 

EDIT:

Man re reading this message it sounds so....agressive...
uh...
what can I do to take that away.... 
Aha!

Edited by Illwei
Added Emojis!

Bearer. I wasn't happy with how quickly they attempted to join my vote on Illwei the first time, and I've become increasingly uncomfortable with this lynch as more people have chimed in.

ED1T:

6 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Um. . . I guess @Illwei

Sorry I can’t do colors 

8 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

I go with the flow. 
illwei

Neither of these posts tell us why you're voting for Illwei, Bearer.

Edited by Amanuensis

@Bearer of all agonies I don't know how to read this removal of "sorry illwei" from your message. A new villager who doesn't want to be killed? or an Elim who realized they made a mistake. 

I really hate voting on new players though, that's the problem. I don't want them to die D1 and then get discouraged from joining another game because of it...

Edited by Illwei

6 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Bearer

I don't vote on new players, but the "Sorry Illwei" is something I don't like. If you're going to vote me and put me in the lead so I might die, why say sorry?  :P. Do you have TMI that I am infact a villager? :P. 

EDIT:

Man re reading this message it sounds so....agressive...
uh...
what can I do to take that away.... 
Aha!

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Bearer. I wasn't happy with how quickly they attempted to join my vote on Illwei the first time, and I've become increasingly uncomfortable with this lynch as more people have chimed in.

ED1T:

Neither of these posts tell us why you're voting for Illwei, Bearer.

Personally, I don't think that Bearer is an elim, or that it's worth voting for them. I mean, for self-preservation reasons, I guess I see why Illwei and Aman are, but think about it: newbies who are elims their first game (like I was for the QF, so I know what I'm talking about) would generally be counseled by their fellow elims in the elim doc to keep a low profile (like I was) and not vote on the first turn, certainly not without good reason. Also they likely wouldn't have to ask how to do the colors. So I don't think it's Bearer.