Guest Somebody from Scadrial
1 minute ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

Let me correct that. Somebody not from Sel did it.

Once again I'm not in LG71 and why did you add that their not from Sel, because neither am I I was once from Roshar

16 minutes ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

Let me correct that. Somebody who is not Somebody from Sel did it.

...you could just say "Someone from LG71"

Also pretty sure this counts as off-topic now lol

Edit: I love how Somebody's rank right now is "Obligator".

Edited by Quinn0928

(Comments about there being a lot of posts)

(Does a thing for a few hours)

(Comes back)

(Only one new post)

I was also trying to figure out what the Lord Ruler would likely do, and while I have a few ideas what they could/would do I'll keep them to myself. Suffice it to say that if anyone survives a lynch or kill, unless they list off alignment scans that prove accurate, they should be the next lynch or Mistborn kill. 

I'm always really bad at D1 analysis, and as of late my opportunities for true analysis have been... quite limited :P.

Lord Ruler speculation: The goal of the Lord Ruler is to win. To win, the Lord Ruler must 1. survive and 2. win with the faction..

1. To survive, the Lord Ruler must avoid both being killed [twice] and remain unsuspicious while not being good enough to be killed by the elims. Balancing this is difficult and annoying. If the LR gets struck down [by the lynch or the kill] and survives, the elims will automatically know that they are the LR (since all Spiked are Inquisitors). Either this individual is a useless ally [alignment scanner that doesn't count for parity] or a potent enemy. Thus the elims should immediately kill this person. This means that the LR cannot get hit once or they will lose. To not get killed at all, the LR must balance being unsuspicious and bad. This is difficult, especially in the late game, where null = sus. The two strategies are being useless or being helpful. Both of these inevitably fail, unless you conjure bigger fish. 

2: Let us not contemplate which faction is more likely to win. Instead, let us contemplate which faction you are more likely to impact. You are an alignment scanner with an extra life that does not count for parity. You are completely useless to the elims, except perhaps as an information fish. However, your information would be invaluable to the village, as they have no alignment scanner. You cannot do anything to help the elims. You can do a great deal to hinder them. If the elims are obviously running away with the game and siding with them is obviously the better choice, make your own choices. Just know that you can do absolutely nothing. 

2a: Correction: You can do very little. All possible strategies result in your death. Perhaps at LyLo, you can lie to the group and get them to mislynch someone. However, you don't know how many elims there are. Perhaps you could claim in PMs, but that also might get you killed. You want to survive. You need to survive. All of your options lead to death. If you side with the village, you can at least try to change things before you get killed.

Conclusion: Allying with the elims is only beneficial if the elims are winning, as you can do nothing to aid in their success. Prioritize your survival over all else, as you can only win if you yet live. Be forgotten.

A lot of D1 discussion focused on TLR, which I feel is distracting us from today's lynch as we have only two votes so far. We should really be getting into lynch discussion at this point. I'll just give couple of thoughts on it and hope we'll move to lynch discussion.

6 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I was also trying to figure out what the Lord Ruler would likely do, and while I have a few ideas what they could/would do I'll keep them to myself. Suffice it to say that if anyone survives a lynch or kill, unless they list off alignment scans that prove accurate, they should be the next lynch or Mistborn kill. 

Why? Lord Ruler does not count for win-con, so we're basically wasting a cycle (or Mistborn wasting their kill). Suppose it's 17-4-1, if we lynch the Lord Ruler, it becomes 17-4-0. The no. of elims remain the same and we're no closer to achieving our win-con. 

We'd also have to be cautious about reading people as village till C3, as TLR can appear genuinely village till C3 and then join the elims. 

@Matrim's Dice, do we get to know the alignment chosen by TLR on their death? 

On 11/14/2020 at 8:45 AM, Ventyl said:

I applaud you’re ideas through. I know when I was a new player, I definitely didn’t have this many good ideas.

Lynch discussion! This post sounds really off to me. Ventyl has been here for a while, and presumably been a part of D1 Lynch/No Lynch discussion already. This feels like an attempt to pocket Books. But Ventyl told he'll be busy today and not to vote him out when he wasn't there so.. I don't really have something as suspicious as this. @Ventyl, come online so I can vote for you. :P 

2 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

A lot of D1 discussion focused on TLR, which I feel is distracting us from today's lynch as we have only two votes so far. We should really be getting into lynch discussion at this point. I'll just give couple of thoughts on it and hope we'll move to lynch discussion.

Why? Lord Ruler does not count for win-con, so we're basically wasting a cycle (or Mistborn wasting their kill). Suppose it's 17-4-1, if we lynch the Lord Ruler, it becomes 17-4-0. The no. of elims remain the same and we're no closer to achieving our win-con. 

We'd also have to be cautious about reading people as village till C3, as TLR can appear genuinely village till C3 and then join the elims. 

@Matrim's Dice, do we get to know the alignment chosen by TLR on their death? 

Lynch discussion! This post sounds really off to me. Ventyl has been here for a while, and presumably been a part of D1 Lynch/No Lynch discussion already. This feels like an attempt to pocket Books. But Ventyl told he'll be busy today and not to vote him out when he wasn't there so.. I don't really have something as suspicious as this. @Ventyl, come online so I can vote for you. :P 

Pretty much agree with everything said by TJ here. Regardless of him starting this game voting for me, Ventyl's initial post feels very different from the last game we just played. I probably would join the vote with you if he were here. Maybe tomorrow :P

Most of today has been fairly random or NAI. I'm not reading Whysper as immediately village, which is sad, because I thought their D1 in the same LG was very pure.

Illwei is also giving me odd vibes. They didn't seem nearly as chaotic in the last game we played, and their "tunnel" (if genuine) on Mist/Fadran feels kind of hedgy. My current theory is they were comfortable starting a mislynch on Mist until the new player took over for the slot.

Edited by Amanuensis
Added last sentence

12 hours ago, The Happy Obligator said:

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't believe they're on the player list for this game. Might want to poke someone else:P

Oh? Hahaha I saw them viewing. 
Has anyone not posted yet? (I will retract my vote on xp once I’m on my computer because I forget how to do it on mobile)

Edited by eltruT
Typo typo tyoo

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

They didn't seem nearly as chaotic in the last game we played, and their "tunnel" (if genuine) on Mist/Fadran feels kind of hedgy.

Eh, My defense is that I am still...working on not being hedgy? I mean, it's day 1- I don't really have many solid reads :P. 

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

My current theory is they were comfortable starting a mislynch on Mist until the new player took over for the slot.

Ehh, technically true, as I know more of mist than a new player, so I'd much rather see how the new player plays before killing them off on Day- wait. "mis" ? ahhh. no, Just vote. I mean, I of course would feel less comfortable killing someone who's new, so, yeah. valid I guess. 

Current thoughts:

TLR discussion: Killing TLR if we find them basically only benefits the Elims. as (gears?) pointed out, the TLR is a much more helpful ally to us than the Elims. With us they can (somewhat) rolescan, and with the Elims....they are...nothing? ... so Even if TLR tries to claim to the Elims, then the Elims don't lose much from killing them, as worst case scenario they know the Identities of the Elims, and will give them to village. 

Fadran

Gears

It's gotta be you one of these times....

7 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Because if anyone survives a kill, they’re either an Elim with the Spiked ability, or the Lord Ruler who may or may not be an Elim. And even if an Elim!Lord Ruler doesn’t count towards a win con, they do have a vote and can easily find other Elims to coordinate with, which essentially brings Lylo a turn sooner and essentially is what happened to Mist as the HI last game. 

7 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Okay, well I could just not come back online... but it’s a little late for that.

—————————————————————————————————

May I ask, why does my post sound off to you? Was I not clear in what I was trying to say? If so I’ll clarify. What I meant was that in my first game I didn’t really think about the logistics and details of Day One Lynching, I just did it because Striker told me that it was good... So I was trying to complement Books, who as a first time player (I think), is already thinking about this stuff. 

And no, I’m not trying to pocket him. I mean logically, if I was an elim, would I really do it in such an obvious way? I’d like to think I’m a lot more sneakier than that. Maybe @Matrim's Dice can confirm. :P

—————————————————————————————————

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Pretty much agree with everything said by TJ here. Regardless of him starting this game voting for me, Ventyl's initial post feels very different from the last game we just played. I probably would join the vote with you if he were here. Maybe tomorrow :P

The reason it feels very different is because this game is in different circumstances. In the QF, I already had a suspicion day one because I wasn’t on until near the end of the first cycle. Whereas here, I was on pretty early and nothing had happened to give me any suspicious. If you go look at most of my games, I usually start them like this. In fact in the QF, my post was only like that because the shard ate my post that would’ve been a more standard Ventyl post. 

15 hours ago, Gears said:

Conclusion: Allying with the elims is only beneficial if the elims are winning, as you can do nothing to aid in their success. Prioritize your survival over all else, as you can only win if you yet live. Be forgotten.

Yeah, but the Lord Ruler has to choose a faction by end of C3, and it is hard to judge which side is winning that early. Most games will have Villagers getting ML'd the first few days. And even if Elims are hit early, I've seen those games still result in a Village loss.

So really TLR just needs to choose based on how they want to play this. Do they want to be useless and just slide by hopefully? Or do they want to have a possibly big impact and have the thrill of balancing between helping yet staying low-key so Elims don't target them? And really, like I was saying earlier, if they can establish some early communication with people they trust, they can stay low-key yet pass info and also have those trusted players keep them from getting lynched by Villagers.

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Illwei is also giving me odd vibes

Haha, Illwei is always giving me odd vibes. :) But that's become my base point for her. Then just have to check if anything gives me extra odd vibes or extra good vibes. :)

2 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

You can just type {color=red}Name{/color} with square brackets instead of curly ones.

Oh this is helpful to know.

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Most of today has been fairly random or NAI. I'm not reading Whysper as immediately village, which is sad, because I thought their D1 in the same LG was very pure.

Illwei is also giving me odd vibes. They didn't seem nearly as chaotic in the last game we played, and their "tunnel" (if genuine) on Mist/Fadran feels kind of hedgy. My current theory is they were comfortable starting a mislynch on Mist until the new player took over for the slot.

Okay, I find this whole post by Aman suspicious. This looks like an attempt to pocket TJ and then shade 3 other players for seeming slightly off? And Illwei and I are fairly active players, so possibly an attempt to get rid of us early or at least make people suspect us throughout the game.

Amanuensis

Okay, so while I was eating lunch I was thinking about some of the cantons and how their abilities work and I have a couple a bunch of questions:

First of all, is every obligator necessarily part of a canton? Are all the inquisitors? Is TLR? Because if everyone except for TLR, or TLR and the inquisitors, is part of a canton, then rolescanners could be used as alignment scanners as well, right?

Second, can the Spiked and Compounding roles be roleblocked? That is, if we suspected someone of being TLR or an inquisitor and wanted to lynch them, would it help to ask obligators in the Canton of Inquisition to (anonymously) roleblock that person? Also, can TLR's Overseer role be roleblocked? If it's roleblocked, can it be used the next turn or does TLR have to wait two turns? 

lol I'm sry I have so many questions....