29 minutes ago, Gears said:

This is a matter of much debate and controversy. The current meta states that a D1 lynch is optimal. The arguments against are what you have stated. The arguments for are as follows: If we do not lynch someone, the elims will kill someone, and we'll be exactly where we were but down a player. In addition, the interactions during the lynch can provide information. I personally think the D1 lynch is good, but I still don't like to participate.

But if we do lynch someone, then we'll be down, on average, at least a player and four fifths. I think that it would be good to interact as usual but retract votes near the end unless somebody is EXTREMELY suspicious.

4 minutes ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

But if we do lynch someone, then we'll be down, on average, at least a player and four fifths. I think that it would be good to interact as usual but retract votes near the end unless somebody is EXTREMELY suspicious.

The thing is, a lot of the time the elims aren't extremely suspicious, so that wouldn't work. 

7 minutes ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

This makes sense, but considering most games have some sort of vote manipulation, elims could easily manipulate a vote to still lynch someone. There’s also the fact that some people might not be on at role-over and wouldn’t be able to remove their vote. All-in-all, it just leaves too many openings for mechanical failure.

I applaud you’re ideas through. I know when I was a new player, I definitely didn’t have this many good ideas. :P

edit: ninja’d by Illwei :ph34r: (storm you, you confusing whatever you profile picture is supposed to be)

Edited by Ventyl

3 minutes ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

If we don't decide to lynch a player C1, we'll literally be in the same position C2. That is, with no clue like it was the beginning of the game. Sure we can discuss, but when you make it clear that you want to retract your vote, it's easier of the elims to pretend genuine suspicion. C1 lynch forces elims to lynch villagers, so by seeing the reasons each people give to lynch others and by seeing voting patterns, we have some basis for the next cycle. If not, we're just as blank next cycle as we are in this. 

11 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Condensation/Fadran e/e confirmed. lock in your votes now.

There is not really enough evidence here to make an accusation, so I am assuming it was kind of a test to see people's alignment. I am a little bit suspicious of @Chasmgoat for seemingly jumping onto the chain, but I believe he could have read Condensation's statement differently than I did, and he did retract his vote, so I am not going to read to much into it.

6 minutes ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

But if we do lynch someone, then we'll be down, on average, at least a player and four fifths. I think that it would be good to interact as usual but retract votes near the end unless somebody is EXTREMELY suspicious

Yeah, I agree with that, but saying you are going to do this beforehand kind of defeats the purpose.

That's a good point. We do have to start sometime.

Sorry, I don't know how much I'll be on this. I've got LG and also all of my RPs(which I'm so happy about) so I'm not sure. I guess what I'm saying is that for now, those are my priorities.

Edited by Condensation

1 minute ago, The Happy Obligator said:

Yeah, I agree with that, but saying you are going to do this beforehand kind of defeats the purpose.

Yeah, I guess TJ said it well, but if the Elims knew that we weren't actually going to kill someone they would feel a lot safer in accusing whoever, because it wouldn't be tested. 

That's why I hate poke votes :). It's a vote that means nothing for the person you're voting on, as they know you're just going to take it off later, completely negating the point of the poke vote :). 

also, let me quote my whole message for you :P.

23 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Man, it's true

Condensation/Fadran e/e confirmed. lock in your votes now. ;). 

I'm so sorry for how troll-y I've gotten! i swear I'm working on it! :P. 

also

6 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

edit: ninja’d by Illwei :ph34r: (storm you, you confusing whatever you profile picture is supposed to be)

Hey! it's completely obvious what it is! anyone could tell you! :P.

33 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

If we don't decide to lynch a player C1, we'll literally be in the same position C2. That is, with no clue like it was the beginning of the game. Sure we can discuss, but when you make it clear that you want to retract your vote, it's easier of the elims to pretend genuine suspicion. C1 lynch forces elims to lynch villagers, so by seeing the reasons each people give to lynch others and by seeing voting patterns, we have some basis for the next cycle. If not, we're just as blank next cycle as we are in this. 

Good point.

34 minutes ago, The Happy Obligator said:

There is not really enough evidence here to make an accusation, so I am assuming it was kind of a test to see people's alignment. I am a little bit suspicious of @Chasmgoat for seemingly jumping onto the chain, but I believe he could have read Condensation's statement differently than I did, and he did retract his vote, so I am not going to read to much into it.

the reason I "jumped on the chain" was that Connie and Fadran seemed to have had a conversation outside this thread and I was wondering where that was. It could have been an elim doc. But, It was apparently just a PM.

(Just to show my reasoning.)

3 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

the reason I "jumped on the chain" was that Connie and Fadran seemed to have had a conversation outside this thread and I was wondering where that was. It could have been an elim doc. But, It was apparently just a PM.

(Just to show my reasoning.)

Yep. :) I was just on hand when he needed help, and I was glad to help!

37 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Uhh... I saw @Illwei vent?

Just kidding. I have no idea what's going on, so expect me to be a bit of a silent obligator this whole game.

Hopefully you can ask questions here(usually don't ask in PMs or you'll seem more experienced, which is bad because you're a first time player and the most likely way for you to get help is here or the elim doc if you're an elim), and you'll figure it out eventually.

20 minutes ago, Condensation said:

I don't think so. Doesn't seem like him.

I don't like the amount of times that you've talked for his slot. First mist, now him.

It's probably just you, you like talking. I'm just...what's it called again? *struggles to apply things I've learned in class to real life* uh....the thing where I think one thing, and then continue to seek out things to confirm it. :P.

It just feels different than before, but I could be hallucinating. Of course, you're of course going to be different from before, as you're learning how to play :P. 

Edited by Illwei

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I don't like the amount of times that you've talked for his slot. First mist, now him.

It's probably just you, you like talking. I'm just...what's it called again? *struggles to apply things I've learned in class to real life* uh....the thing where I think one thing, and then continue to seek out things to confirm it. :P.

It just feels different than before, but I could be hallucinating. Of course, you're of course going to be different from before, as you're learning how to play :P. 

I talk a lot. Notice my large number of posts? :P What do you mean, first Mist?

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

Somebody stood there waiting. He knew Mysterious had failed, which was expected, it was his first mission after all but he, Inquirious, was experienced and doubted he would fail he was very Resourceful after all.

Also can I have a vote count @Matrim's Dice @Lotus?

Edited by Somebody from Sel

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
8 hours ago, Mist said:

I was actually thinking about what the Lord Ruler could do before the game started last night. 

Also, since they don't count towards parity, we could theoretically just ignore them, were they to claim. 

If they claim aiding with Elims they either die, or get ignored or the opposite of what they say is taken into effect. If they claim town Elims try to kill them in order to get rid of PM's

14 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Cycle One has begun! The cycle will end in approximately 48 hours, on Sunday, November 15th at 1 pm PST. The following cycle will begin soon thereafter.

Everyone remember to upvote your GM (and co-GM) when applicable. It's hard work running these games, so it's the least they deserve.

9 hours ago, Ventyl said:

Alright, so nothing has really happened. Besides what happens in every game basically; Mist stabvotes someone (Though now they’re Fadren. Welcome!), Gears gives game analysis, and Illwei continues to confuse me. :P

I’ll start of with @Amanuensis. Amanuensis

Give me a three page essay about why I should trust you :). Or maybe just three paragraphs...

I can't give you an essay or three paragraphs on why you should trust me. All I can do is promise you I'll do my best to prove my innocence so long as I'm alive. 

8 hours ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

If I'm not mistaken, it only takes ONE vote to lynch someone in this game, which means doing this makes us vulnerable to elim's with malicious intent, careless villagers, or people like myself who live in timezones that prevent us from being online during turnovers. Like the democratic process in the United States, it's critical that we discuss potential lynches thoroughly and vote accordingly. Maximum participation in lynches simultaneously ensures maximum information gleaned.

4 hours ago, Illwei said:

Confirmation bias is the term you're looking for, I think.

3 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Somebody stood there waiting. He knew Mysterious had failed, which was expected, it was his first mission after all but he, Inquirious, was experienced and doubted he would fail he was very Resourceful after all.

Also can I have a vote count @Matrim's Dice @Lotus?

2 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

If they claim aiding with Elims they either die, or get ignored or the opposite of what they say is taken into effect. If they claim town Elims try to kill them in order to get rid of PM's

In the future, please refrain from double posting, Somebody :) When no one else has responded, it's good practice to edit your new thoughts into your last post.

@Whysper I see you viewing the thread as well. Any thoughts?

Edited by Amanuensis