Ok. I'm here now. Soooo lots of new people. In fact, even though this is my fourth or fifth game (I forget) I've been here longer than a good portion of the people here, which feels weird. 

Edit: Oh, right, I wrote some RP for this, didn't I?

--

Turtle walked through the street. Her new eye tattoos were really distinctive, and she didn't want to be noticed. She had been tasked by The Diagram to infiltrate the obligators, though somehow she had come in the middle of a local power struggle. It really wasn’t the best time to go to a forign shardworld, but now that she had become an obligator she couldnt abandon the mission. She shook her head, walking forwards.  

Edited by eltruT

Kesilen saw the dead obligator get dragged out of the alley. They had heard about the Inquisitors' power plays and now it seemed like they were trying to kill obligators. Kesilen had no love for the oppressive steel ministry or the obligators, but it would likely be harder for them to get the information that they wanted with the Inquisitors in charge. Their dark glasses fell down their nose a bit, and Kesilen resolved to go get them fixed. That screw always got loose at the most inopportune times. The ash in the sky helped to block out much of the sun's light, but even after many years away from Taldain, Kesilen's eyes were still very sensitive to light. As they were walking down the street, they saw another person with dark glasses, who, strangely, was holding an animal with stripes a brighter color than any other animal that they had seen on this ashen planet so far. At least there's one person here who understands the value of sunglasses, Kesilen thought.

4 minutes ago, Mist said:

If the Lord Ruler is daring, they could align with one group and use that to get others killed, probably more useful as an elim-aligned person, saying that they scanned an elim to one person, etc. 

Why are you theorizing/telling the group some Elim Strats? Mist

Well, since we're theorizing Elim strats :P....something I wanted to do if I was TLR was Align with the Elims, hopefully successfully scan an Elim, claim to someone and tell them someone else was an Elim, and then hopefully kill them before they revealed who I was. :P.

Edited by Illwei

18 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Well, since we're theorizing Elim strats :P....something I wanted to do if I was TLR was Align with the Elims, hopefully successfully scan an Elim, claim to someone and tell them someone else was an Elim, and then hopefully kill them before they revealed who I was. :P.

Oddly enough, I was actually just thinking the same thing... it honestly doesn't seem to make much sense at all for TLR to align themselves with the villagers, because they have no way of proving they're on your side. With the elims, they do. 

Also, I'm pretty sure telling the group elim strats makes Mist *less* suspicious, not more, Illwei. Anyone can theorize what the elims would do, whereas the elims are unlikely to share their thinking too much in the thread.

5 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Also, I'm pretty sure telling the group elim strats makes Mist *less* suspicious, not more, Illwei. Anyone can theorize what the elims would do, whereas the elims are unlikely to share their thinking too much in the thread.

I agree. The elims have their own document to plan on, so while sharing possible elim strats isn't a good idea for a villager, doing it makes even less sense for an elim.

Edited by Flyingbooks42

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

8 minutes ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

I agree. The elims have their own document to plan on, so while sharing possible elim strats isn't a good idea for a villager, doing it makes even less sense for an elim.

Yes, but the question is why was she thinking it at all? why were you thinking it at all? I would assume people have little reason to think of Elim strats this early into the game when they themselves are not an Elim. 

Hm. Went back to QF46 where I did the same thing (and was an Elim), and I almost got killed for this. I was looking for Mist's reaction- if she was for voting me or not- and she basically didn't talk about it (understandable, as she was an Elim who probably didn't want to draw attention by picking a side maybe), but seemed to say in thread that she read me as Elim for it. (which is basically meaningless because of the situation there)

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Yes, but the question is why was she thinking it at all? why were you thinking it at all? I would assume people have little reason to think of Elim strats this early into the game when they themselves are not an Elim. 

On the contrary, we have *every* reason to think about elim strats this early in the game. We want to figure out who they are, and also to survive, and one of the ways of doing that is trying to figure out what their next move is

I was actually thinking about what the Lord Ruler could do before the game started last night. 

Also, since they don't count towards parity, we could theoretically just ignore them, were they to claim. 

On the contrary, we have *every* reason to think about elim strats this early in the game. We want to figure out who they are, and also to survive, and one of the ways of doing that is trying to figure out what their next move is

Maybe it's just my playstyle (as I was also theorizing TLR ideas before it started :P.) but saying them out loud right when the game starts doesn't help anything. It might discourage TLR from doing those strats, but (my playstyle) I would much rather stay quiet and see what happens before saying anything.

Just now, Illwei said:

Maybe it's just my playstyle (as I was also theorizing TLR ideas before it started :P.) but saying them out loud right when the game starts doesn't help anything. It might discourage TLR from doing those strats, but (my playstyle) I would much rather stay quiet and see what happens before saying anything.

That's fair. Just seems a bit odd to claim other people are suspicious for not using a playstyle similar to yours.

That's fair. Just seems a bit odd to claim other people are suspicious for not using a playstyle similar to yours.

*cough*

theoretically they could be using a playstyle similar to mine- hence the suspicion :P.

Bateaux was no longer bothered my the tattoos that marked his profession. He’d been an obligator some twenty five years now and had been one of the foremost prelans for ten. Unlike over members, he did not hide his face behind a cloak in public. Bateaux did not care what skaa thought of him when they saw him walking the streets. If any did challenge him though, they would easily be dispatched. Bateaux was Seer, he could burn atium and atium alone.

As Bateaux walked through the streets of Luthadel towards his Ministry building, he could feel the gazes of those he passed. He exulted in those gazes. His tattoos were a mark of pride. Though, as he spotted another obligator, whom was wearing a hood, his mood soured. Tensions had been rising in the Steel Ministry for years now. The Inquisitors were becoming more and more bold with the advances for power. It’d finally peaked when they’d murdered Darius.

He strode past the young obligator, who had probably barely even reached womanhood. Bateaux arrived at the Ministry building, it’s architecture a welcome sight to him now. No longer imposing as he’d once thought it was in his younger years, but more like a faithful guardian. Much like the Lord Ruler himself.

—————————————————————————————

Alright, so nothing has really happened. Besides what happens in every game basically; Mist stabvotes someone (Though now they’re Fadren. Welcome!), Gears gives game analysis, and Illwei continues to confuse me. :P

I’ll start of with @Amanuensis. Amanuensis

Give me a three page essay about why I should trust you :). Or maybe just three paragraphs...

—————————————————————————————

P.S. 
I won’t be on for most of tomorrow as I have a marching band competition. It’ll take up almost all day so... please don’t vote me out while I’m gone! I mean, my rank is literally “Prelan,” if that doesn’t exude innocence, then I don’t know what does. :P

Edited by Ventyl

1 minute ago, Flyingbooks42 said:

I don't think we should vote anyone out on the first day because we have practically no information and statistically we're more likely to lynch a villager than an elim.

This is a matter of much debate and controversy. The current meta states that a D1 lynch is optimal. The arguments against are what you have stated. The arguments for are as follows: If we do not lynch someone, the elims will kill someone, and we'll be exactly where we were but down a player. In addition, the interactions during the lynch can provide information. I personally think the D1 lynch is good, but I still don't like to participate.

15 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Nardaf the Obligator had no idea what he was doing, but he had finally joined Sanderson Elimination, and he was dedicated to figuring out how the heck it worked.

You have read the rules and things, right? That might be useful. otherwise your Elim buddies will be able to help you. :P.

25 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

and Illwei continues to confuse me

>:)

Edited by Illwei
emojis for tone

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Good job, Fadran.

Man, it's true

Condensation/Fadran e/e confirmed. lock in your votes now. ;). 

I'm so sorry for how troll-y I've gotten! i swear I'm working on it! :P. 

Edited by Illwei
Emojis!