Luthadel was not a very nice place to dwell in during the twilight hours. Homeless skaa hid in alleyways, the mist roamed the darker areas of the streets, and ash mixed with dust to blow throughout the city. The red ethereal glow of the sun as it sank made the atmosphere of the streets dark and dim.

In all this, the Inquisitor watched. 

The Inquisitor was the perfect servant: Threatening. Imposing. Perfectly obedient. The Lord Ruler was very pleased in his creations, especially the Inquisitors. And this Inquisitor was on a specific mission.

He had been told of the situation. A skaa had rebelled in the fields, fleeing from his working duty and running. He had switly been caught by the Lord Ruler’s mercenaries. The Final Empire could have no deserters.

The skaa had refused to work. And so the perfect intimidation was sent forth: The Inquisitor. Normally a simple thing such as a stubborn skaa wouldn’t cause the Lord Ruler to take such measures, but the matter was… unique tonight.

The Inquisitor approached the field he had been designated to go, and entered a small structure set up to the side, where the skaa was being kept. The Inquisitor had hoped to find the skaa alone and secure, but instead found the skaa- who was tied securely around a chair- surrounded by Obligators. Three of them. As expected.

The Inquisitor growled, a low sound in his throat. The Obligators were the Lord Ruler’s lesser servants, those not created with power or metal, but purley human. They were inferior and believed themselves to be superior, a trait that was more than irritating. 

The lead Obligator smiled. “Greetings, O Spiked One.” The title sounded mocking coming from the Obligator’s mouth. “Were you coming to apprehend the prisoner? As you can see, the Canton of Orthodoxy has already taken care of the situation. You may depart.” The Obligator nearly smirked, and the Inquisitor grew more vapid with every word, though he had been warned of the possibility. 

The Inquisitor spoke in his gravely scratchy voice. “I can see that, Obligator. I will be on my way.”

The Inquisitor turned, but reached in his cloak and grasped the handles of two glass daggers. As he exited the building, he casually flicked his hand backwards and flung the weapons. He didn’t need to look back to know their marks.

One flew straight towards the lead Obligator and sunk true, piercing his heart and killing him instantly. The other stabbed straight through the skaa rebel’s eye. After all, the Final Empire could have no deserters. 

The other two Obligators present gasped at the sudden appearance of death in the small room, and quickly stood to flee, surly to inform the other Canton members of the occurrence. But that was perfectly fine. The Inquisitors and Obligators had never been friends, and their struggle for ultimate control over the doings of the Imperium had never been more prevalent. It had only been a matter of time before the struggle broke into something more.

That time was now.

The Inquisitor smiled, and whispered to himself, “Let the war begin.”

He pushed a coin onto the ground and flung himself up into the night, up towards the spindly towers of Kredik Shaw.

Welcome to MR 46: A Broken Imperium! I will be the GM, @Lotus will be the Co-GM, and @someone will be the IM, which I'll edit in once I'm notified who that will be.

@Bearer of all agonies, @Chasmgoat, @Somebody from Sel, here are the signups for the next game :P 

Below is the ruleset, but it's also here in doc format.

Factions: 

Spoiler

Obligators: The Village faction, the Obligators wish to wipe out all Inquisitors and regain full control over the Imperium.

• Win Condition- Kill all the Inquisitors 
  • No group doc 

Inquisitors: The Eliminator faction, the Inquisitors are so close to tipping the balance of power in the Imperium, stopped only by the numbers the Obligators hold. If only that number could shrink...

• Win Condition- Reach parity with or outnumber the Obligators 
  • Has a doc to communicate in and a kill every cycle which must be submitted by a team member in their GM PM, which counts as an action

Lord Ruler: The Hidden Overseer and Ruler of the Imperium, the Lord Ruler’s servants demand he chooses a side in this struggle of power. He has no choice but to comply, and whoever he fights for had better win.

• Win Condition- By the end of C3 the Lord Ruler must formally align themselves with one of the factions, noted in their GM PM. Their win condition will be the same as their alignment, but they also must remain alive to win.
  • Has a doc to scheme in 
    • The Lord Ruler is not alerted who is on their newfound team after aligning with a faction 
    • If they align themselves with the Inquisitors they will not join the doc and the Inquisitors will not be informed
    • The Lord Ruler does not count towards parity after aligning a faction 
    • If the Lord Ruler aligns with the village and then dies, PM’s are closed permanently for the remainder of the game. 

Faction-Specific Roles:   

Spoiler

Obligators: None 

Inquisitors:  

• The Spiked: Due to their incredible survival skills it takes two lynches/kills to take out some Inquisitors. 

Lord Ruler:  

• Overseer: The Lord Ruler can discover the alignment of the targeted player. This ability is available once per 2 cycles only after aligning with a faction. The Lord Ruler can’t submit a scan the same cycle they align.
  • Compounding: The Lord Ruler can survive one attack, whether that be the lynch or a kill. 

Non-Faction Specific Roles: No player will have more than one role of these roles.

Spoiler

Mistborn: Once per game, a Mistborn can kill a player. This action cannot be roleblocked.

Canton Member: Canton Members belong to one, and only one, of these Cantons: 

• Canton of Orthodoxy: Once per cycle, a member of the CoO can rolescan a player. This action cannot detect alignment-specific roles.
  • Canton of Resource: Once per cycle, a member of the CoR can remove a vote off of any player.
  • Canton of Finance: Once per cycle, a member of the CoF can move a lynch vote to any player, but this action cancels their own vote.
  • Canton of Inquisition: Once per cycle, a member of the CoI can roleblock a player. This action will stop elim kills, but not Mistborn kills. Members of this Canton do not have to and won’t necessarily be Inquisitors. 

Basic Details:

Spoiler
  • Turns will be combined, with 48-hour cycles 
  • There is a one vote lynch minimum for the lynch.
  • A tied lynch results in a random player being lynched. 
  • PM’s are freely open as long as a member of each Canton lives. Once this is not the case PM’s are restricted to one per cycle (one individual message, not one person to message). Additionally, if the Lord Ruler is village-aligned and dies, PM’s are closed entirely for the remainder of the game. Group PM’s are not allowed. The GM and IM must be included in every PM created.
  • Any vote placed on the GM or Co-GM will be nullified and count for nothing

Signups will end in a bit less than a week on Friday, November 13, at 1 pm PST. This will be the normal rollover time, with new cycles starting roughly an hour later, at around 2 pm PST.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Chasmgoat - Mr. Goat
  2. @Quinn0928 - Sedra
  3. @Ashbringer - Faleast
  4. @Bearer of all agonies
  5. @Whysper
  6. @Illwei
  7. @Somebody from Sel - Somebody F. Inquisitive
  8. @Gears - Runern Evo
  9. @eltruT - Turtle
  10. @Mist - Tria Noche
  11. @Kings_way - Flamel
  12. @Danex - Notani N Quisitor, Murder Hornet Trainer and Comically Large Sunglasses Enthusiast.
  13. @Ghanderflaffle - Kriti
  14. @Shard of Reading - Reading
  15. @Ventyl - Bateaux
  16. @TJ Shade
  17. @Condensation - Connie
  18. @JesterLavorre
  19. @The Happy Obligator - Noorden
  20. @Vapor
  21. @Amanuensis - Vigor
  22. @Flyingbooks42 - Kesilen (Alloise)

Spectators:

Spoiler
  1. Experience
  2. Araris Valerian
  3. Straw

Quicklinks:

Edited by Elandera
Quicklinks

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

I'll join as Somebody F. Inquisitive again (yes I realize the names are different, yes there is a reason for it) thanks for tagging me 

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

And what's up with the doc for the Lord Ruler to scheme in? They just scheme with themselves? :)

Monologuing (or maybe...creating songs with the GM :P.). There's a recent example of elk from LG70 if you wanted to look. 

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Is it announced when TLR joins a side? 

Not in the writeup, but you'll know it happened just because of the time passing.

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

And what's up with the doc for the Lord Ruler to scheme in? They just scheme with themselves?

Yep. There's been examples of this in the past (Such as LG70's Monk doc) and I just find it easier overall to think when you can write down thoughts.

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Monologuing (or maybe...creating songs with the GM :P.). There's a recent example of elk from LG70 if you wanted to look. 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Yep. There's been examples of this in the past (Such as LG70's Monk doc) and I just find it easier overall to think when you can write down thoughts.

Haha, interesting :)

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And also it gives us something interesting to read once the game is over lol

Edit: :ph34r:

Edited by Quinn0928

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
17 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

the answer may be obvious to many, but is RPing required? If not, I don't think I will, since I would like to focus on the basics of the game rather than RPing.

It isn't required

1 hour ago, Kings_way said:

I'll play as Flamel.

I'm assuming the random player is one of the ones with the highest votes?

Yes, a random player from the tie, not out of anyone in the game. So if you and Quinn both had 4 votes, it would go down to random chance between you two (assuming no one vote maniped)

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

So... is there any way for a non-Elim, non-Lord Ruler to survive a lynch or a kill? Besides having the kill roleblocked?

Technically I could claim that vote manip could save anyone from the lynch, but that's not what you meant, so no. The Spiked and Compounding roles are both specific to their factions.