Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aminar

So, who was making things Tasty

8 posts in this topic

It seems pretty clear the Captain is an Awakener.  Just before she enters the cabin at the end the tea gets tastier and the colors more vibrant. Very unsubtly. But it seems off to have her be Vivenna/Azure. Although the mood isn't terribly off I can't see Vivenna being that upset about not getting a boat. Or working for Vistim for that long. 

Either that or Chirri Chirri is of the 5th heightening. 

Or we're learning that the Change Dawnshard can convert Investiture types. But that seems unlikely and weird. 

1 minute ago, Aminar said:

It seems pretty clear the Captain is an Awakener.  Just before she enters the cabin at the end the tea gets tastier and the colors more vibrant. Very unsubtly. But it seems off to have her be Vivenna/Azure. Although the mood isn't terribly off I can't see Vivenna being that upset about not getting a boat. Or working for Vistim for that long. 

Either that or Chirri Chirri is of the 5th heightening. 

Or we're learning that the Change Dawnshard can convert Investiture types. But that seems unlikely and weird. 

I read it very differntly.  The changes are to Rysn's perspective.  I think being a dawnshard has given her heightning like abilites.

But... being around someone with a lot of breath doesn’t make food taste better.

5 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

But... being around someone with a lot of breath doesn’t make food taste better.

It seems very in theme with the whole system, especially given how breath does heighten the senses. And Brandon's done a fair bit of expansion of Nalthis stuff in Stormlight. I just reread the book and can't remember a single use of weird color metaphors in the entire thing. 

And the timing would be weird for her perspective shift. Like... You'd think if it were the Dawnshard she'd have noticed color changes and the like right away. 

11 minutes ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

I read it very differntly.  The changes are to Rysn's perspective.  I think being a dawnshard has given her heightning like abilites.

This was my reading of the situation as well. 

9 hours ago, Aminar said:

It seems very in theme with the whole system, especially given how breath does heighten the senses. And Brandon's done a fair bit of expansion of Nalthis stuff in Stormlight. I just reread the book and can't remember a single use of weird color metaphors in the entire thing. 

And the timing would be weird for her perspective shift. Like... You'd think if it were the Dawnshard she'd have noticed color changes and the like right away. 

Sometimes it takes a while for things to kick in, maybe that's what happened?

Brandon stated on Reddit that Rysn's enhanced colour/pitch perception is because of a "certain level of investiture" and not to do with Awakening directly.

Screenshot: Screenshot_2020-11-06_063151.jpg

2 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Sometimes it takes a while for things to kick in, maybe that's what happened?

She was also kind of distracted earlier. She only notices once she begins to relax.