Dawnshards Out Today!

Ghanderflaffle

17 minutes ago, StormingTexan said:

Me too and let's be real it is crazy they pulled this off so quickly especially after the marathon of RoW. I had just carved out my evening to read haha. 

I know! I can't get upset. Everyone worked fast to turn this around.  It's funny what not having a firm release date does to expectations. I've been so worried I'll miss it I've been checking for updates every day the last couple weeks. With RoW I found out the release date forever ago, thought "cool!" and haven't felt that antsy about it. The preview chapter probably help that, but even so I don't feel crestfallen when I remember it's still almost 2 weeks away. While Dawnshard being pushed maybe another day makes me sad. 

Again, can't blame them they did this as fast as they could and originally Brandon wasn't sure he'd be able to get one done before RoW or at all this year.  Plus it's so big it exceeds novella length. 

Edited by Child of Hodor

17 minutes ago, Child of Hodor said:

Plus it's so big it exceeds novella length. 

Yeah, at 57k words (or a mite shorter with revisions), we're talking full-on (short) novel length. For context:

Stephen King's The Dark Tower: Gunslinger is 56,583

Faulkner's As I Lay Dying: 56,695

Fahrenheit 451 is a full 10-11k fewer at: 46,118

Heck, of the various Narnia books, only "The Magician's Nephew" was longer.

While I'm eagerly refreshing my inbox far too often... the wait is well worth it.

Edited by Smye

6 minutes ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

Ok. I need to understand something really quick. According to the kickstarter email from earlier, we know that the ebook is coming out today (or tomorrow) with the other digital rewards. But they're not shipping the physical copies yet, are they? Are they?! 

No, they got delayed because ‘rona. But somebody might have to fact check that

I got a little frantic when I saw the kickstarter update. I might’ve forcibly tapped it and scanned like my life depended on it to find the download link, then got supremely disappointed when it wasn’t there. (Then started getting anxious again when it said later today or tomorrow) On the bright side, digital art coming soon! :lol: