Anyone else daydream about what would happen if a major character showed up at your front door?

Medium

So, sometimes I wonder what would happen if like, Kaladin, or Shallan just showed up at the front door. Shallan would be fascinated by how casual we talk about electricity and running water lol. And my sis has blue eyes and i have hazel, so I think Shallan would be like "a lighteyes living with a darkeyes? UNACCEPTABLE." Anyone else do this? 

Tell me what you thought of!

Wait, people daydream about other things?

I have put much thought into this. Kaladin would despise my sister at first, (and give us some odd looks for living together) But I think they would get along pretty well.

Shallan would be fascinated the different species and I don't know what they would think about no highstorms.

Lift would eat us out of house and home and proceed to slide around. I think she would really like TV/Video games

Kelsier (and elend) would be interested by America's system of government.

Sazed would be ecstatic about all the new religions.

Wax, and Wayne... Uhh... I don't know. It'd be awesome though.

Lopen would have fun impressing pretty girls who don't know anything about radiance.

There's a fantasy in my head about being somewhere, and then something blows up and I automatically know that Wax is in near proximity, hopefully with Wayne and the rest of the era two gang. Once justice is served I go hang out with them for a weekend.

That is my hearts deepest desire. Well, that and being a coinshot. Maybe they could hook me up with some allomantic steel medallions...

Does Khriss count as a major character?  Because I would dearly love to take her out to dinner and pick her brain, simply because I think I would have the best chance of getting the answers I want from her right now than from Mr Sanderson.  Even if I bought Brandon an unlimited supply of noodles.:D

2 hours ago, Malim said:

Even if I bought Brandon an unlimited supply of noodles.

What about giving Hoid an infinite supply of Instant Noodles? 

My personal one along similar lines is explaining to Navani and some other Artifabrians (and Navani is a scholar and Artifabrian, despite what she constantly thinks), and just let them oggle our modern tech, and get completely freaked out that we did all this without Stormlight or Surges, and just used electricity and oil fuels.

What would Hoid think of our universe, compared to the Cosmere? Just hearing some of their comments about it would be very interesting.

14 hours ago, robardin said:

Listen, I don't know how you got here, but assuming you have a way to get back... TAKE ME WITH YOU.

...Just let me pack a few things. (Grabs as much aluminum foil from my kitchen as possible)

oh my gosh yes PLEASE i neeeeed this

Edited by Esane

On 10/11/2020 at 7:24 AM, robardin said:

(Grabs as much aluminum foil from my kitchen as possible)

That would be worth much more than its weight in gold, not just because it is Aluminium, but also due to it being pressed into such a thin foil. Then they would get to the marvel that is the box you have brought it in, which if it is still the same cardboard box they come in, would be a marvelous material most planets had never seen, with printed patterns that appear impossible to make. Scadrial would accept a roll of tin foil the best, but Roshar and especially less developed worlds would find it to be a wonder of engineering, if they are knowledgeable enough to see it for what it is.

I would love to bring some plastics with me, and let their minds be blown about it and what is made of, what it can withstand, and some of the interesting properties of the different plastics I can even find around my room right now.

But what would they think of me bringing some books from the Stormlight Archive onto Roshar before their events occur... Seeing the future is of the Voidbringers supposedly, and I would probably accidentally let slip that I know what is coming.

34 minutes ago, Realmatic Shadow said:

But what would they think of me bringing some books from the Stormlight Archive onto Roshar before their events occur... Seeing the future is of the Voidbringers supposedly, and I would probably accidentally let slip that I know what is coming.

Well now that's getting a bit meta, isn't it?

I mean, turn it around. What would you do, if someone came up to you and said, "Yo, you look just like Your Name is described in one of my favorite books!"

"Um, I am Your Name."

"And did you grow up in X, have Y happen to you, etc., etc.?"

"How... Who... What?"

On the one hand, the revelation that your life and reality as you have known it is actually a structured narrative may not be so earth-shaking - many people essentially believe this anyway, at some level, consciously or otherwise.

On the other hand, discovering that you're a Named Character in it has got to be a big ego boost, eh? Well, until you find out that you're the IRL equivalent of someone killed by Sadeas or Szeth that Kaladin goes nnoooooooo over, and that was the Big Purpose of your life.

18 hours ago, robardin said:

On the other hand, discovering that you're a Named Character in it has got to be a big ego boost, eh? Well, until you find out that you're the IRL equivalent of someone killed by Sadeas or Szeth that Kaladin goes nnoooooooo over, and that was the Big Purpose of your life.

Or until you discover that you are sort of an Amaram, and that you get a similar end to what he does in Oathbringer. I would rather just be nameless extra number 4 at that point

22 hours ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

It really is creepy when you dream that your being murdered by a guy with multiple spikes ran through him and your tied up and watching your family die through coins raming through there brains. fuuun 

xD. yeaaaa fuuuun. To be completely honest I was not expecting this post to expolode like it did. lol