Weird Food Combinations

Chasmgoat

10 hours ago, caranise said:

I think onion should be excomminacated from all food. 

I love grilled onion on anything. I'll eat raw onion on hamburgers, but only a little slice of onion. Also pickled onion is really good on sandwiches. And fried onion is good on curry.

Edited by revelryintheart

6 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

I love grilled onion on anything. I'll eat raw onion on hamburgers, but only a little slice of onion. Also pickled onion is really good on sandwiches. And fried onion is good on curry.

onion is amazing. (so is garlic, my family goes through A LOT of garlic.) we actually have a video of my younger sister finding a raw onion and eating it like an apple.

3 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

onion is amazing. (so is garlic, my family goes through A LOT of garlic.) we actually have a video of my younger sister finding a raw onion and eating it like an apple.

garlic is AMAZING. One time, my older brothers were at scout camp and they were having garlic bread for dinner. They were bringing the bread out but it dropped on the ground so they threw it away. But one of my brothers decided to fish it out of the trashcan and eat it. He ended up throwing up all over the tent and my other brother had to clean it up.

On 11/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, Chasmgoat said:

French Fries inside Ice Cream (The salty warmness contrasts well against the sweet cold) and finally the Cinnamon Rolls dipped in chili (this one is the weirdest,

Dipping French fries in ice cream is weird? I felt like it wasn't too uncommon when I was growing up...then again, I though putting mayo on fries was weird before I visited Europe. 

On 11/3/2020 at 10:10 PM, Hentient said:

Okay okay don’t hate me: 

Ruffles (potato chips) and cottage cheese! It sounds super- not good. But it’s amazing!!

I definitely want to try that now!

I'll have to ask my dad about weird food combos. He's the weird eater in our family. 

1 hour ago, revelryintheart said:

Tastes and colors are indisputable so I respect onion lovers. My family sometimes eats raw onion and almost all of the turkish dishes contain onion. 

Edited by caranise

On 11/7/2020 at 1:21 AM, caranise said:

I think onion should be excommunicated from all food. 

LOL! Before I discovered BeanO, my GI tract would have agreed with you 100%.

One style of preparing onions should definitely be excommunicated, outlawed, banned, etc., and that is "tobacco onions" - at least the way they are prepared around here: sliced raw onions are marinated in tobacco juice (yes, like from cigars/cigarettes). They literally smell like a landfill (extremely rotten garbage); I have no idea how people can eat something that smells so hideously bad. No exaggeration: I was eating in a restaurant and someone in the next booth had tobacco onions on a salad - - I had to be moved to a different table; I just could not stand it/was afraid I wouldn't keep my food down.

But ...

While this is my (very strong) opinion, I respect that this might be a food you like very much, & that's cool - just please don't enjoy it in my proximity.;)

On 11/3/2020 at 9:59 PM, Doomstick said:

I will feed you to your sibling

Can I just say this is one of the best threats I’ve heard in a while. Might be my new favorite. Other classics include “I will harvest your eyes” and “Prepare to be blent”

7 hours ago, Danex said:

Can I just say this is one of the best threats I’ve heard in a while. Might be my new favorite. Other classics include “I will harvest your eyes” and “Prepare to be blent”

I personally enjoy "I will eviscerate you with a cactus."

On 06/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, caranise said:

I agree.

On 07/11/2020 at 11:09 AM, Chasmgoat said:

garlic bread is the best. no other bread can compete (except monkey bread)

I agree wholeheartedly. Banana bread and zucchini bread are also good, but not as good.

On 11/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, caranise said:

On 11/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, Condensation said:

I agree.

You two clearly do not cook, otherwise you would realize that onion is in everything, it is the basis for lots of western cooking. 

15 hours ago, Doomstick said:

why do you dislike onions?

I have no problem with it's taste but when I see it, I can't eat. İt's same with garlic. İf I see and eat, I try to swallow it without chewing.I don't eat most food so I got used to it.

I want to tell you something interesting. I ate mushroom at the first at the age of 18. Until then I always thought it was bad food. Now I loooove mushrooms. 

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

Not generally, but that's the problem. It feels like eating long, slimy worms.

And you know this how...?

55 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Maybe it's not me that's weird, it's everyone else!

Ah yes! Just like the majority of people are the ones that are actually colorblind? :P 

• 2 weeks later...