Weird Food Combinations

Chasmgoat

Just now, Doomstick said:

There is gross, and there is gross, this makes me want to post every single instance of Gordon Ramsay cussing someone out. Hemalurgy is the messiest way to kill that I know, with luck, we can destroy the first one and their remains will look like marinara, if you catch my drift.

I agree. Blech! It smells so bad that I wouldn't even try it!

22 hours ago, Doomstick said:

you toast the bread about halfway, then put a thinnish slice of cheese (like the kind you would put on a sandwich), then toast until bubbly, then let cool for 1-2 min, then apply jam. enjoy!

You're toasting it in a toaster oven, right? because the cheese would fall off in a regular toaster ... This sounds so good that I might need to try it! I'll need to use the broiler on my stove though: don't have a toaster oven. What kind of bread do you prefer? White? Wheat? Rye? Srsly, I'm gonna try this tomorrow!:D

1 hour ago, Iarwainiel said:

You're toasting it in a toaster oven, right? because the cheese would fall off in a regular toaster ... This sounds so good that I might need to try it! I'll need to use the broiler on my stove though: don't have a toaster oven. What kind of bread do you prefer? White? Wheat? Rye? Srsly, I'm gonna try this tomorrow!:D

I'd say rye, yes, a toaster oven or a broiler would work best

12 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

that all sounds really good (except the latte I've never had coffee :ph34r:)

Good thing then, as Chai isn't coffee.  It's more of a spiced tea.  I highly recommend it. :)

Edited by Malim

12 hours ago, Malim said:

Good thing then, as Chai isn't coffee.  It's more of a spiced tea.  I highly recommend it. :)

(Off-topic but maybe not - - who heard of putting corn into a teabag?) Have you tried Inca Tea (https://incatea.com/)? Especially the Peruvian Spiced Berry flavor. It's a herbal, but I like it anyway. A nice treat!

4 hours ago, Iarwainiel said:

This might be more common than I thought, but it surprised me the first time I had it (so good!): cubed watermelon + sliced purple onion & chopped cilantro + some lime juice. Refreshing summer "salad" alternative; really inexpensive & easy to take to a potluck or picnic.

I think onion should be excomminacated from all food.