Weird Food Combinations

Chasmgoat

I don't know if anyone has done this before...

Ok, What are weird food combinations that you like.

examples (and I actually like these): Ketchup on scrambled eggs (I am not sure if this is normal), French Fries inside Ice Cream (The salty warmness contrasts well against the sweet cold) and finally the Cinnamon Rolls dipped in chili (this one is the weirdest, My dad showed it to me and apparently it is very popular in the town he grew up in and it is not popular anywhere else)

so yeah. Post yours below!

@Chasmgoat - I think most people like ketchup on their scrambled eggs, or at least a great many of them do, so perfectly normal. And I think some chili recipes actually have cinnamon in them (Cincinnati chili maybe?), so the cinnamon roll/chili thing sounds totally plausible.

Here are some from me:

• I put peanut butter on my BLT sandwiches. I spread it on the bottom slice of toast, then put the bacon (so it sticks & doesn't fall out), then sliced tomato, lettuce, and mayo (actually prefer Kraft Miracle Whip) spread on the top slice of toast. IMO it really loses something without the PB.
  • When I was growing up, we often had peanut butter on celery sticks and peanut butter (carefully) spread on potato chips - both are tasty.
  • I like to add a slice of lemon (like you'd use in iced tea) to cola (Coke or Pepsi, any variety).
  • When I have mac and cheese, I like to also have sliced pickled beets - to me, it's a nice contrast.

Great thread, OP! I'll have to check it again to learn some new ideas!:D

Edited by Iarwainiel

1 minute ago, revelryintheart said:

get out

I would tell you to be nicer about other's opinions but I agree...

Edit: I may try it... do you put a lot of cheese on? do you put the jam on the cheese and then into the toaster oven? Can you explain just a bit more?

Edited by Chasmgoat

1 minute ago, revelryintheart said:

20201022_183920.jpg?width=320&height=427

doesn't it just make your mouth water?

can I have a recipe?

edit: just saw hentient's post... I actually like it too! only had it a couple of times though.

Edited by Chasmgoat

46 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

I would tell you to be nicer about other's opinions but I agree...

Edit: I may try it... do you put a lot of cheese on? do you put the jam on the cheese and then into the toaster oven? Can you explain just a bit more?

you toast the bread about halfway, then put a thinnish slice of cheese (like the kind you would put on a sandwich), then toast until bubbly, then let cool for 1-2 min, then apply jam. enjoy!

4 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

I don't know if anyone has done this before...

Ok, What are weird food combinations that you like.

examples (and I actually like these): Ketchup on scrambled eggs (I am not sure if this is normal), French Fries inside Ice Cream (The salty warmness contrasts well against the sweet cold) and finally the Cinnamon Rolls dipped in chili (this one is the weirdest, My dad showed it to me and apparently it is very popular in the town he grew up in and it is not popular anywhere else)

so yeah. Post yours below!

The first two are fairly common where I'm from.

1 hour ago, Doomstick said:

melted cheddar on toast with strawberry jam

mmmmmmm

Yes!!!

Vapor and Fog enjoy ice cream and marinara sauce, I'll eat just about anything(including scrambled eggs, which I usually hate) with barbecue sauce. Evaporation, Fog, and Vapor also eat peanut butter and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise. Gross!

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Why, are we spiking them? Are you opposed to that? They also eat pears, sour cream, and lettuce. And applesauce. It was a dare, they liked it.

There is gross, and there is gross, this makes me want to post every single instance of Gordon Ramsay cussing someone out. Hemalurgy is the messiest way to kill that I know, with luck, we can destroy the first one and their remains will look like marinara, if you catch my drift.