Pai is a Truthwatcher!!?!

rosin_the_beau

Sorry for the clickbait, but not really.

The Lhan Interlude in WoR got me thinking. The Truthwatchers of old were the investigative journalists of the Knights, if I remember the description correctly, and Pai seems to be doing that in calling out Queen Aesudan.

I also think that Pai could be Pailiah, because the Truthwatchers were noted for their Tact, and the denunciation of the Queen lacked exactly that.

These are my conjectures, made in haste.

31 minutes ago, rosin_the_beau said:

The Lhan Interlude in WoR got me thinking. The Truthwatchers of old were the investigative journalists of the Knights, if I remember the description correctly, and Pai seems to be doing that in calling out Queen Aesudan.

I also think that Pai could be Pailiah, because the Truthwatchers were noted for their Tact, and the denunciation of the Queen lacked exactly that.

The Pai in the Interlude is described as “young” while Pailiah is described as “old” 

could just be a matter of perspective i guess, but i dont think Pai is Pailiah

29 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

The Pai in the Interlude is described as “young” while Pailiah is described as “old” 

could just be a matter of perspective i guess, but i dont think Pai is Pailiah

Truthwatchers have the surge of illumination, so it’s possible that she was disguising herself. 

13 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Truthwatchers have the surge of illumination, so it’s possible that she was disguising herself. 

Well she doesn’t have her Honorblade and i dont think she’s bonded a Spren(as Nale was the only one “to join his order”), so she wouldnt be capable of that

Edited by Eternal Khol

2 hours ago, rosin_the_beau said:

Wasn't Pai executed publicly at the end of that story?

4 hours ago, agrabes said:

Wasn't Pai executed publicly at the end of that story?

I think that's why the OP wants Pai to be a Truthwatcher or a Herald, so that she could survive that.

I don't think she was a Herald or a Radiant, I'm afraid she was simply a side character who showed us how things were going in Kholinar, I think she really did die at the end of the interlude.

She probably isn't Pailiah as, like the other Heralds, she probably would've displayed some form of madness/characteristics opposite of her divine attributes. Plus, we have a WoB (though one that is unverified) that Pailiah is in Kharbranth.