Paleo

Interactive Map and Timeline of Roshar - Feedback

38 posts in this topic

Thanks for the positive feedback, everybody!

@GreyHive, the project is open source on GitHub. I worked on all the programming stuff, while @Jofwu populated the timeline, wrote the entries, contacted artists, and coordinated the project in general. We've had lots of feedback from other staff and you can find a full list of other involved people in the README of the repo or the "Credits" section of the site!

I have a question. How long will it take to update it for Rhythm of War? Because I know all of you spend so much time already making this site so amazing.

this is super cool!!!!!

Could you make links to the pages on 

Ashir and Geranid 

on the coppermind.

Its from 

Reshi Sea

The Reshi Sea is a body of water in northern Roshar. It contains the Reshi Isles and is separated from the Purelake by Marabethia. It borders Iri, Rira, Babatharnam, Tu Bayla, Jah Keved, and Herdaz.

The Reshi Sea is deeper than the purelake, but is shallow enough that Tai-na legs are able to reach the bottom of making it shallow enough to be warm nearly all the time.

Ashir and Geranid live on a small island in the Reshi Sea.

No links form Ashir and Geranid. Both of whom have pages on the coppermind. 

Other than that, everything is fantastic! Tanks for all your work!

:D

Hey just wanna provide some quick input!

First of all, it seems like everything’s been streamlined since I last saw the map. I especially like the option to skip just to the next event in the timeline, and the explanation of the  Rosharan calendar (these are new, right? It’s possible I just hadn’t noticed them before :P), and everything looks like it’s running quicker. Thanks so much all of you behind it!

One concern though, at the moment the website keeps crashing when I do all sorts of things. I can refresh the page and see the map again, but eventually it just crashes again. It happens most often when the page reloads, which also happens frequently, but not all the time, for things like opening settings, opening the button beside it, and moving to and from a description of something. I’m currently using safari on an Apple IPhone XR, and I’m connected to wifi. I’m really not sure what’s going on, but I hope that my explanation helps. 

9 hours ago, Ookla the Groovy said:

the explanation of the  Rosharan calendar (these are new, right? It’s possible I just hadn’t noticed them before :P)

This one isn't new, but the other is. :)

Safari is the devil.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Intimidating said:

This one isn't new, but the other is. :)

Safari is the devil.

Ah I see. Well that’s cool! The new feature, not safari :ph34r:.

This is the coolest thing ever! If I had this for every book series I started but the author hadn't finished I would be so happy! You guys are awesome!

On 11/2/2020 at 8:34 AM, sonderburg said:

The map keeps reloading about 5-10 times before it stabilizes. 

It never stops reloading for me on an iPhone 12 using duck duck go browser. On safari it tries 2-3 times then just fails to load.

How long until it updates for Rhythm of War?

I know, I might seem a bit impatient, but this project is amazing, and I really want to see it finished. :D

Keep up the great work, everyone!

I think they will have to wait until the spoiler period is over. . . Maybe not though. 

I'm not currently sure when we will be updating this for Rhythm of War. The thing is, there's not really a spoiler system in for this currently.