Interactive Map and Timeline of Roshar - Feedback

Paleo

Just had a small issue where the page failed to load when I first clicked on the link(shown below), but a refresh fixed it no problem.
Just in case it matters;

• Device Type: PC
  • Device Model: GPU; Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Browser: Google Chrome, v86.0.4240.111
  • Connectivity: Wifi
  • Steps to reproduce: Clicked on the link to roshar.17thard.com above.

Other than that, I just wanted to say thanks! The dedication and hard work to make something of this quality is amazing. Great job!

Untitled.jpg

2 hours ago, bloodlust said:

and this one picture, no offense but it looks very weird....

look at the moms face...

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 10.04.18 AM.png

Art is subjective. Different people will like different styles more than others. Also, as an aside, in this specific case this is the only depiction of that scene we have on the Coppermind.

I can't speak for the exact intentions of the people who put this together, but based on the way things are often done on the Coppermind I'd guess that one of the things they thought about when choosing art was to try to use art of diverse styles and from different artists to promote them and their work as well as to appeal to different people's tastes. 

(to avoid double posting I'm putting my question here too)

Would it be possible to make it so you can either open the images in a new tab/ window by right clicking on them? Or preferably, make it so if you click on the image its Coppermind file page opens in a new tab.

Hi there! Great idea, but I'm running into an issue with the map and text being blurry.5fa059bb172cd_Screenshot2020-11-02114925.thumb.png.91ba00cc2ad242c1a858deed6f79021f.png

Device: Lenovo Y50-70 laptop. It has both a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M and integrated graphics.

Browser: Firefox 82.0.2  I have a bunch of the tracking protections on so maybe that's breaking something? It asked for Extract Canvas Data permission and I allowed that but still seeing the issue.

Connectivity: Wifi

Steps to Reproduce: Zoom in, but it starts kind of blurry too.

Screenshot 2020-11-02 114925.png

Holy cow you guys.

First, no technical problems on my end. Everything seems to link up, zooming and drag moving around works well.

Visually it's amazing.  Love the art tied to the articles.  Also the detail of the map itself, like the pools on the Horneater Peaks.

Suggestion: Make a pinned post in the Stormlight Archive board.  I would never have seen this if it hadn't popped up in my Youtube feed, and it definitely needs to be seen by more people.

Edit: Just found the map Layers in the settings, SO COOL. This is my favorite part. Maybe name it something other than "Settings", however.  I could see people not realizing there are alternative map overlays there.

Edited by Zelly

1 hour ago, Zelly said:

Holy cow you guys.

First, no technical problems on my end. Everything seems to link up, zooming and drag moving around works well.

Visually it's amazing.  Love the art tied to the articles.  Also the detail of the map itself, like the pools on the Horneater Peaks.

Suggestion: Make a pinned post in the Stormlight Archive board.  I would never have seen this if it hadn't popped up in my Youtube feed, and it definitely needs to be seen by more people.

Edit: Just found the map Layers in the settings, SO COOL. This is my favorite part. Maybe name it something other than "Settings", however.  I could see people not realizing there are alternative map overlays there.

I've put it in our Links section and we will have a sidebar widget. We'll definitely consider doing a pinned topic of it! Good suggestion. 

Also, really, jofwu and Paleo and Ben did a great job. It was so nice that I could outsource this to extremely capable people and do basically nothing on this! You all rock. 

The kind words are extremely humbling. 

Love it so far.  I've been using it on an older Galaxy Android phone, and so far I haven't found any technical issues.  The only suggestion I have is to second the idea that you add a link on all the included pictures that would allow you to view them in a separate tab.  However, this is not an issue so much as a possible feature in future builds.  I will keep playing with the app, and will let you know if I find anything.

Edited by Malim
Spelling

This is just a minor problem.

Device: Laptop

Browser: Google Chrome

I am using Wifi

So, when I am zoomed in and I drag the map around and while moving the map my cursor goes into the timeline area, the map jumps to make it so I am looking at a random part of the map. If I keep moving the cursor while in the timeline it jumps between two spots repeatedly.

I love this map!

Awesome work!

One of the features I really like about the ASOIAF interactive map is the ability to say how far you’ve come in the story and not get spoilers further than that. When I was reading ASOIAF, that map became my main way of “reading up” on things I’d forgotten about, because I could do so without fear of getting spoiled. So if every entry (or every entry from now on) could get a tag about when that information was revealed (either to book, part or even chapter precision), that would make this awesome map even more awesome.

A less manual-labor intensive (but also less precise) way of implementing it might be to use the date at which future entries are added as an indication that the information was released in Rhytm of War or whichever book is the newest at that point.

Found something else! I feel proud of myself. Keep up the good work! Essentially, we think Lift slit Gawx's throat. Just a pronoun error as it is confusing who did what. In the text it also says "slit is throat." I assume that it should not say "is," it should say his.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.46.43 PM.png

Edited by awesomeboy810
added detail

StormsStormsStormsStormsStormsStorms. This is amazing! I just read through the whole thing and it all looks good! Wow. Thank you for putting so much effort into this! It’s great! Just a few typos here and there, I'll post them when I can find them. 

Edited by Bearer of all agonies