So... Christmas!

Hen

I love those j-i-n-g-l-e-bells  

29 members have voted

1. 1. When can you start listening to Christmas music?

• Whenever, Christmas should be all the time!
    • After Halloween!
    • After thanksgiving
    • The week of December 25 :(
    • Never, Christmas music sucks!

I've never made a poll before so I hope this works.

It has come to my attention that some people on The Shard *Glares and @Truthless of Shinovar and @Vapor* Don't support Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Its okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I mean, you're wrong, but hey, you two can be wrong together!

For everyone who's right and listens to Christmas music after Halloween, Yay! Welcome to the Light side!! (You know who you are. *Cough cough* @Matrim's Dice *Cough*)

Edited by Hentient

15 minutes ago, Hentient said:

It has come to my attention that some people on The Shard *Glares and @Truthless of Shinovar and @Vapor* Don't support Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Its okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I mean, you're wrong, but hey, you two can be wrong together. 

For everyone who's right and listens to Christmas music after Halloween, Yay! Welcome to the Light side!! (You know who you are. *Cough cough* @Matrim's Dice *Cough*)

88b016ca27b6b74ca4082ae0b1ec31b3.jpg.eb194a1a576ddf2bac108d8d49f49d12.jpg

Don't worry Vapor (and everyone else who appreciates the holiday of Thanksgiving), don't listen to them. We know who's really right. 

(Also Hen can you make the poll results public so I can see who my friends and enemies are?)

50 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

(Also Hen can you make the poll results public so I can see who my friends and enemies are?)

There you go!

4 minutes ago, PrincessPeach said:

I have a roommate that was trying to listen to Christmas music before Halloween so.....

Me

Don't worry, I've learned enough self control to wait till Halloween, but that's as far as I can get.

Edited by Hentient

3 hours ago, Hentient said:

It has come to my attention that some people on The Shard *Glares and @Truthless of Shinovar and @Vapor* Don't support Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Its okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I mean, you're wrong, but hey, you two can be wrong together!

Woo hoo!!! Yeah! We're the best! I belong to the second party.

I’m on the side of waiting until after thanksgiving. It just doesn’t feel like Christmas season until then. I don’t really care if other people do, though. 
Of course, I’m also afflicted with the curse of getting random Christmas songs stuck in my head year round, even if I haven’t heard any in months. So, Christmas songs are pretty much playing for me all year. :P

I used to work in a Mall that had Christmas music constantly going for 2 months.  As a result, I am not a fan of it.  There are few Christmas songs I enjoy.  Grandma got run over by a Reindeer, Jingle Bombs and Chipmunks Roasting on a Open Fire to give you an idea.

I voted Never!

But Grinch was also a nickname I had in real life, soooo...

I, personally, would be happy to never hear it in public again... such as at stores or restaurants. If radio stations want to play it, fine, I don't have to listen to them. If you want to listen to it at home or in your car? Fine, I don't have to hear it.

Or never play Bing Crosby again. Then you can play it starting in November. 

8 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

88b016ca27b6b74ca4082ae0b1ec31b3.jpg.eb194a1a576ddf2bac108d8d49f49d12.jpg

Don't worry Vapor (and everyone else who appreciates the holiday of Thanksgiving), don't listen to them. We know who's really right. 

This lad knows what's up. 

7 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Still working on getting a CD of those.

People still have those?? :blink:

Spoiler

:P

I enjoy Christmas music, but I prefer to wait as long as possible, because the sooner we start listening to Christmas music, the sooner THAT song comes on. You know the one. *shudders*

4 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Unpopular opinion, but I'm part of Christmas music all year gang! Anyone? Just me? Ah, whatever.

ME!!!

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

I used to work in a Mall that had Christmas music constantly going for 2 months.  As a result, I am not a fan of it.  There are few Christmas songs I enjoy.  Grandma got run over by a Reindeer, Jingle Bombs and Chipmunks Roasting on a Open Fire to give you an idea.

*The Christmas Song, the first line is "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire".

No, I don't know the one. Which one, @Danex?

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

*The Christmas Song, the first line is "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire".

No, I don't know the one. Which one, @Danex?

I believe they said ‘chipmunks’. Also ‘Jingle bombs’. As in the parody songs. Gotta step up your game. ;)

The song. I don’t dare speak its name, less I unleash its horrible power upon all of you. 

15 minutes ago, Danex said:

People still have those?? :blink:

Hide contents

:P

I enjoy Christmas music, but I prefer to wait as long as possible, because the sooner we start listening to Christmas music, the sooner THAT song comes on. You know the one. *shudders*

Am I that old? I shouldn't be, I'm a teenager.

No seriously, are CDs not a thing anymore?

*confusion and minor existential crisis*

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Am I that old? I shouldn't be, I'm a teenager.

No seriously, are CDs not a thing anymore?

*confusion and minor existential crisis*

Naw I think they’re still a thing.....kinda

I just have different streaming services for everything. Spotify, Amazon Prime, etc. Haven’t seen a CD in years.