Trutharchivist

I've written about it a while ago in another thread - I believe it was about copper compounding, but I wanted to write it more fully.

The idea is to think of the parameters of the stored attribute in a metalmind and write an equation based on that. What I have now is:

I = t*a*p

With I as the stored investiture, t as the time you took to fill the metalmind and a as the amount of the stored attribute. While tapping, you can press more of the attribute to less time, and it stays the same amount though it lasts for less time than it should, and so p is the "resistance" when pressing the attribute. While storing it's set as 1, and so, apparently, is time in copper (and maybe nicrosil).

Any thoughts?

Edited by Trutharchivist

Lol,i like how the formula reads to  "I tap"

I think it could be more like

T1A1 = I = T2A2

where T1 = time used to store

A1= amount stored

T2 = time used to release

A2=amount released

and the Investiture is the constant

With the investiture as the constant,varying the amount will decrease the time and vice versa

(sorry to ruin the "I Tap" :(  )

I think you're partly right, but I remember that it was said that while tapping the attribute in a different rate you suffer some sort of pressure loss: for example, if you store a quarter of your weight for an hour, you can either tap it and be at 125% of your original weight for  an hour, or tap it at a greater rate - being 150% of your normal weight - for a little less then half an hour. I believe I read it in one of the books, which I don't have in front of me right now.

from the Coppermind:

Ordinarily, when a Feruchemist is tapping an attribute at the same rate it was stored, they are able to get out exactly what they put in, for example if they store 50% of their strength for one hour they can tap that and be at 150% of their strength for one hour. However, if the Feruchemist taps at a greater rate, then some of the attribute is lost, to facilitate the compression of the Investiture. This means that a Feruchemist who stores 50% of their strength for one hour might only be able to stay at 200% for 25 minutes, rather than a full half hour. The more a Feruchemist compresses the attribute, the more is lost.

source.

What I liked about what you wrote is that unlike me, you referred the difference between before and after. So I think it should be more like:

a1*t1 = I =t2*a2*p (or minus P maybe? I'm not completely sure.)

Lo and behold, the I t2a2p is saved!:)

(I don't usually use emojis, but now it seems fit.)

Edited by Trutharchivist
It should be possible to make this without copy-paste.