She-ra and the Princesses of Power

Hello. So, I just searched the shard and I didn't find any threads about this show. So, here's a place to talk about the Netflix reboot of She-ra.

Who are your favorite characters? Favorite episodes? Favorite scenes?

Spoilers:

Spoiler

Personally, I love Netossa's rundown of all the princesses weaknesses in Return to the Fright Zone. So many great burns (literally).

Netossa seems like an Elsecaller for sure.

Spoilers for the whole show throughout the thread!

Edited by JesterLavorre

She-ra is great and warms this curmudgeon's heart. 

I got a lot of favorite parts, though I might wait to see if this turns into a "don't have to put every storming thing in spoilers" kinda thread to get into specifics. 

But I feel like I can safely say that I liked Mermista-centric episodes and drunk Adora.

5 hours ago, Orlion the Platypus said:

I got a lot of favorite parts, though I might wait to see if this turns into a "don't have to put every storming thing in spoilers" kinda thread to get into specifics. 

I could maybe put a blanket spoiler warning in the OP, if you think that would be good?

15 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

I could maybe put a blanket spoiler warning in the OP, if you think that would be good?

I'll leave that up to you and if there are other people that join in (I know there are other Sharders that are fans of the show).

BUT I can say what I think is the reason I really like this show: it's because I can analyze the show in the frame of Immanuel Kant's Second Formulation of the Categorical Imperative and it FITS SO WELL! And of course, Kant's Second Formulation is my favorite Formulation of the Categorical Imperative (obviously!)

So, first, the Second Formulation of the Categorical Imperative states:

Act in such a way that you always treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of any other, never simply as a means, but always at the same time as an end.

With that in mind, some of Glimmer's actions in Season 4 are properly explained as being bad and it easily formulates Catra's main character struggles (she uses people as a means) as well as provide a nice character arc for Adora who otherwise has upstanding moral character (she struggles throughout the series with treating herself in her own person as an end and not a means, particularly in the last few episodes.)

On 29/10/2020 at 6:15 PM, JesterLavorre said:

Hello. So, I just searched the shard and I didn't find any threads about this show. So, here's a place to talk about the Netflix reboot of She-ra.

Who are your favorite characters? Favorite episodes? Favorite scenes?

Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Personally, I love Netossa's rundown of all the princesses weaknesses in Return to the Fright Zone. So many great burns (literally).

Netossa seems like an Elsecaller for sure.

Spoilers for the whole show throughout the thread!

Yes!!! Okay, I'm so glad that there is one of these now. I love the 'final' season, 

Spoiler

She-Ra's new outfit and sword rock!

15 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Yes. That's my favorite episode. I didn't really like how it ended, but that might be just me.

Which one? There were two with drunk Adora. And, yes, drunk Adora is adora-ble and silly. :D

Also, I’m thinking about running a campaign or one-shot using the SCRPG system taking place in the She-ra world. Does anyone have any ideas for the premise? My current thoughts are something along the lines of a crew of people with a spaceship salvaging old horde spaceships after Horde Prime is defeated.

On 10/31/2020 at 1:05 PM, Condensation said:

Yes!!! Okay, I'm so glad that there is one of these now. I love the 'final' season, 

Hide contents

She-Ra's new outfit and sword rock!

My one problem with the ending of S5 was actually that we didn’t get to see one last transformation sequence. But, the rest was awesome, so I’ll cut it some slack. :P

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EmiTheNinja said:

And do y’all know, that there is a possibility, that Noelle will do She-ra movie? ^_^

There is!?

Also, I was looking on the wiki because I thought I remembered Noelle had revealed Catra’s favorite number. I found this:

In a BLM livestream fundraiser Noelle Stevenson said that Catra's favorite number is "66666" though this is never stated on the show and is therefore not canon within the show.

I love that, in this scene, Adora is pressing a ton of different buttons on the control panel. So, if this really is Catra’s favorite number, there is more than one 6 on the keypad.
    Also, this is so cute (again, from the wiki):

According to Rae Geiger, her middle name is "Applesauce". And according to creator Stevenson, Catra's last name is "Meowmeow". A joke from the creator and character designer to make the fans laugh.

1 hour ago, JesterLavorre said:

According to Rae Geiger, her middle name is "Applesauce". And according to creator Stevenson, Catra's last name is "Meowmeow". A joke from the creator and character designer to make the fans laugh.

also, it's Adora, who named Catra Applesauce Meowmeow, when they both were small.

And yes, in one of Noelle's interviews, she said something about She-Ra movie, that if fans will really want it, she might do it, so now there is a petition to make it a movie:

She-Ra movie petition

Edited by EmiTheNinja

12 hours ago, EmiTheNinja said:

also, it's Adora, who named Catra Applesauce Meowmeow, when they both were small.

And yes, in one of Noelle's interviews, she said something about She-Ra movie, that if fans will really want it, she might do it, so now there is a petition to make it a movie:

She-Ra movie petition

Good to know she's on board to do a movie. Looks like we just need to get DreamWorks' attention! 

I love this show!!!!!!!! My favorite character is Bo. I love every single thing about him. My favorite episode... huh. Probably the one where they go back to the horde and slowly realize that everything is wrong. But every episode is great! And so is every character. I love. This. Show.

• 3 weeks later...