Potential cool Twinborn combination

ScadrianTank

Remember, how in The Well of Ascension, Zane saw Vin's Atium shadow split when he countered a blow that she hadn't yet dealt?  What if you could split your own Electrum shadow with Feruchemical Zinc? If you were analyzing what is happening to your shadow faster than your body can start to act, the effect should theoretically be the same.

It can be useful in bomb disposal or electrical maintenance of dangerous systems.

3 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Hmm possibly. Usually you wouldn’t be able to make sense of what is going on, but if you have mental speed, you would. That could actually be useful!

Reveal hidden contents

Not as good as some F-tin twinborn action, but I’ll give it some rep.

S-tier-

Gold compounder- You can blow me up, flay me, and stab me with a Shardblade, and you still wouldn't kill me

Tin Compounder-  I can sense EVERYTHING

Steel compounder- I can run faster than a train and fly if I'm too lazy to. 

Pewter Compounder- I'm the juggernaut, *&^%$

A-tin-F-copper- I remember everything

A-steel-f-iron- I don't need to explain why

to be continued...

4 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Tin Compounder-  I can sense EVERYTHING

I think the largest advantage of this combination is not the Compounding but the ability to store "excess" senses like touch or smell. It negates a large part of Kelsier's speech about the consequences of Tin.

There is also a part of me that can't stop thinking that while Compounding is powerful, its usefulness is limited. Imagine how Era 3 will look like with Metalborn powers up for sale most metals when Compounded provide a lot more power than the wast majority would need in any situation outside of emergencies. The only practical uses I can see are Metalmind recharging and physical metals in firefighting brigades and rescue services.

1 hour ago, ScadrianTank said:

I think the largest advantage of this combination is not the Compounding but the ability to store "excess" senses like touch or smell. It negates a large part of Kelsier's speech about the consequences of Tin.

There is also a part of me that can't stop thinking that while Compounding is powerful, its usefulness is limited. Imagine how Era 3 will look like with Metalborn powers up for sale most metals when Compounded provide a lot more power than the wast majority would need in any situation outside of emergencies. The only practical uses I can see are Metalmind recharging and physical metals in firefighting brigades and rescue services.

*cough* construction, and metallurgy *cough*

6 hours ago, Frustration said:

*cough* construction, and metallurgy *cough*

4 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Pewter compounding is the most broadly useful for "everyday work" that normal people can technically do. Like construction, metalworking, sports, deliveries, etc. Immense amounts of endurance and physical strength, would just make that work easier for you than any non metalborn.

It seems that I vastly underestimated the number of applications for extreme physical force. For some reason, I thought that only one of the powers of Pewter would suffice. I guess it says more about how little physical work I had to do in my life than anything else.

Just now, ScadrianTank said:

It seems that I vastly underestimated the number of applications for extreme physical force. For some reason, I thought that only one of the powers of Pewter would suffice. I guess it says more about how little physical work I had to do in my life than anything else.

I mean, imagine how useful someone like that would be on a construction site. It would be one of the most practical compounder types, i think.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, combining Zinc and Electrum that way could be a good way of achieving low-grade atium: with enhanced mental speed, you can keep track of all the flurry of electrum shadows and analyze patterns in their behavior, to see which courses of action seem to yield the best results.

And if we're listing generally useful Twinborn combos: Bendalloy Allomancy and Steel Feruchemy. The downside of being a Steelrunner is that, in order to move at high speeds, you have to spend a lot more time moving at super slow speeds. But if you store your speed while in a bubble of accelerated time, no one will notice.

On 12/16/2020 at 3:54 AM, The Titan God said:

I think an A-bronze and F-tin twinborn would make an excellent lookout. They could store their "bronze-sense" in a tinmind allowing them to sniff out allomancers and store other senses in tinminds allowing them to hear the slightest creak or see the fastest blur.

F-tin and a-steel or a-iron could also be strong since they can store the blue line sight, but we should probably stop talking about f-tin before @Koloss17 becomes too powerful

13 hours ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

I’m gonna propose f-duralumin a-chromium. I actually made a separate thread about this but i think that would allow you to leech someone without touching them, which could be very useful 

Honestly I still think the external enhancement metals are suspiciously similar to the internal ones, and wasn't that our exact clue that Atium and Malatium weren't the real external temporal metals?

But that's a discussion for a different topic.

I have a few compound types I like. I think that the most battle efficient one would be steel compounding, because flying and shooting in bullet time is cool. 

I, personally, would probably want duralumin compounding, even though a lot of it is still unknown. But being able to change your Connection to others (possibly learning their languages if it works like stormlight archives), perhaps becoming something like a gray man (wot reference) by tapping it and being able to take over koloss/kandra/inquisitors would be awesome. 

My final favourite, the villain compounder, is zink. Imagine being able to outthink everyone while also controlling their emotions. Or just walking around with a dark cape and low grade spreading fear around you... And as a bonus, you would possibly even enjoy watching twilight if you were filling your metalminds at the same time! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 1:24 PM, Halyo_Alex said:

I mean, imagine how useful someone like that would be on a construction site. It would be one of the most practical compounder types, i think.

I think an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer had something similar, and the other workers ended up disliking the super-strong person because they were paid by the hour, not by the job.

I can imagine being able to sell the ability to do most things extremely efficiently would lead to an economy that focused on flat fees for completing a job as opposed to hourly wages. Seems like it would be geared more towards to customer than the worker.

Edited by jamesbondsmith

On 12/24/2020 at 7:39 AM, Halyo_Alex said:

Honestly I still think the external enhancement metals are suspiciously similar to the internal ones, and wasn't that our exact clue that Atium and Malatium weren't the real external temporal metals?

But that's a discussion for a different topic.

I think the issue was that they were reversed. Gold sees the past whereas Atium sees the future and Gold's alloy Electrum sees the future whereas Atium's alloy sees the past