Theory on Herald’s/Braize/Unmade

Ookla the Leafy

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I just had an interesting thought.

There is reference to torture, but obviously and hinted and...This entire time, I’ve thought that, when sent to Braize, the Heralds were tortured by the fused. However, after doing some re-reading I have developed a theory that the Heralds were tortured by various members of the unmade. Is there any reference to the Fused being the ones who actually tortured the Heralds? I know there are some quotes by Ahu that directly call out several Unmade...thoughts?

2 hours ago, Leafygeans said:

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I just had an interesting thought.

There is reference to torture, but obviously and hinted and...This entire time, I’ve thought that, when sent to Braize, the Heralds were tortured by the fused. However, after doing some re-reading I have developed a theory that the Heralds were tortured by various members of the unmade. Is there any reference to the Fused being the ones who actually tortured the Heralds? I know there are some quotes by Ahu that directly call out several Unmade...thoughts?

Heh heh

singing creepily: All Odium's kids got a place in the torture

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar-ish thought sparked by Ahu's mention of the Unmade.  My theory is wrong (there are only 9 Unmade and the number is finite per Brandon), but the thread has a lot of discussion of the Unmade, Heralds and what Ahu was going on about.  

23 hours ago, Impact said:

I was going to say that the Unmade have been on Roshar, but then i realized that maybe during the previous times between desolations they weren't.

We don't know for certain that the Unmade stay on Roshar in between the early desolations, but I feel it's implied. In WoK ch. 19 Starfalls Dalinar has the vision where he fights some of Re-Shephir's Midnight Essence creatures. One of the radiants he talked to says 

"Voidbringers? These? No, this was Midnight Essence, though who released it is still a mystery." ... "Harkaylain says the Desolation is close, and he is not often wrong." 

The Raidant saying it was "released" is interesting, but in OB Shallan learned Re-Shephir was previously imprisoned in a gem a long time ago.