Impossible Ships!

31 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Guys what's up with the Ookla the ___ ?

It's a tradition where from Peter Alstrohms birthday to Brandon's birthday people change the usernames to Ookla the _____, because Peter's first username was Ookla the Mok.

After today's episode of The Mandalorian, I'm almost shipping 

[WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 13]

Spoiler

Mando and Ahsoka. Rosario Dawson has chemistry with just about everyone in every role I've seen of her, and I feel like Mando and Ahsoka would make a nice little family unit for Baby Yoda. (And yes, I refuse to call him by his real name.) 

Mando and Ahsoka have a noticeable age difference, as she's in her early 40s while he's in his thirties as far as I'm aware, but it's still respectable. 

But Ahsoka would never agree to Mando's way of doing things, and Mando wouldn't be a giant fan of a Jedi around, given his sub-culture. 

Just now, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Noooo! Stop! The humanity! People ship Gimli and Legolas.

Please take this conversation to

Ew. Legimli is disgusting. Why can't people see that they're just hardcore bros?

The only validity that I see with Aragorn and Legolas is the fact that the two most eligible men in Middle-Earth would be taken in one fell swoop, leaving room for the likes of Faramir, Captain of Gondor, to show their quality.

Just now, More Cynical Than Funny said:

I make some of LGBTQ+ ships but I only have done three Hoid+Kaladin (Hoidadlin) Szeth+Kaladin (Szethadlin) and Aragorn+Legolas (Aralas)

(Okay I may have forgotten some)

I don't care if you make such ships, IF you can support it, And don't change Cannon, or cross Tolkien, And on this last one you crossed a line

I know I said I shipped Miles and Hailey from Spider-Man: Miles Morales...and I do! But in a different world, I'd like to see what Miles and Lucius Fox's (youngest) daughter Tamara Fox would be like as a couple. This stems from my weird idea that the Bat-family and the Spider-Man Family (and the Superman Family) would all be really close. The Lucius' family is part of the Bat-family for all intents and purposes, so I like this idea of the "The Spider, the Fox and the Bat."

And I forgot to add, Phin from the PS5 Spider-Man: Miles Morales game and Terry McGinnis from Batman Beyond.

MASSIVE, GAME-RUINING SPOILERS FOR SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES. 

Spoiler

Terry's in-world canonical girlfriend really isn't that interesting of a character, and his only other love interest of note (who he may have had a "WE WERE ON A BREAK" moment with) is a criminal. Not that Phin is much better, but I can see her on the road of redemption with Terry on her side. 

So I just finished the demo for Dragon Quest XI and I can't help but thinking that Veronica meeting Shinobu from Monogatari Series would make for a really good conversation. They are both grown women with supernatural powers that constantly try to look and sound commanding and intimidating while looking like literal 8-year-olds.

• 2 weeks later...

After beating Spider-Man: Miles Morales with my brother-in-law, I've come to ship Captain Yuri Watanabe and Aaron Davis. Yuri doesn't even appear in the game, but I think they could have an interesting dynamic. You have 

Spoiler

A cop who's dealing with her inner darkness while you have a thief who's trying to redeem himself for his family. I think there's could be an interesting dynamic in this -  would Aaron help Yuri come back to her old self? Or would Yuri's darkness allow for old habits to return to Aaron?

Next I have Insomniac's Rio Morales with an Earth 616 (or really, any older, non-broke/hobo/destitute and broken) Peter Parker. I just think they'd be an interesting couple. Maybe not a good one, but an interesting one. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Endeavor from My Hero Academia and Ursa from Avatar: The Last Airbender are a couple I'd want to see, not for each other but for how the children would react to their new parents. Yeah, Endeavor and Ursa should NOT date at all. Endeavor may be on the road to redemption, but his history and past behavior would absolutely be traumatic for Ursa. And for Endeavor, bringing in a woman whose own backstory reminds him of Rei's may cause him to backslide on that development. ...and he's still married...so there's that. 

But how much fun would it be to see Zuko and Shoto as step-brothers, and seeing Endeavor deal with Azula? Hilarious I tell you. Hilarious. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Javik from Mass Effect 3 and Mat from WoT would be a weird yet oddly effective team...assuming someone could keep them in the same room long enough to throw a problem at them. Javik is the type of person to say one thing, do another in public, and then do a third in private. (Such as say how terrible humans are, then obey Shepard's orders without too much question, and then comfort another ally when things go poorly.) Mat on the other hand says one thing, thinks another, and does a third. He says what he feels, thinks about what he wants, and does what he perceives as good for the whole. Javik would hate Mat, and Mat would probably dislike Javik...but when push came to shove, they'd have each other's back, no questions asked. Other members of Shepard's crew like Garrus and Wrex would be fun drinking buddies for Mat, but he'd probably hate them on his side - they're too rebellious for Mat to fully trust with his plans in battle. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found another parallel between Stormlight and Zelda. Actually, it again is between Navani and Princess Zelda, but another version of her this time. 

Basically when TP Zelda 

Spoiler

surrenders her kingdom and the populations' humanity in order to save their lives until a better solution is found 

reminds me of RoW when 

Spoiler

Navani surrenders the tower for the same purpose. 

Which brings me to this pairing, which again is less of a ship and more of an "I want to see this conversation happen".

Basically I want Kaladin to meet Zelda. Just, any Zelda, all of them have different personalities but just about the same values. I want to see Zelda's take on the kind of reckless courage Kaladin has and Kaladin's opinion about Zelda's imperfect temporary solutions she has come up with, considering he sometimes seems to want to protect people from any suffering and not just death. Stuff like 

Spoiler

the entire kingdom turning into ghosts, stuck and living in constant fear until something, not previously planned, is done about it

might bother him a little. But I'm also curious to see if they could find common ground after talking. 

• 4 weeks later...

MHA:

Dabi x Mirko - No idea why. I just think it'd be an interesting ship. (Although Mirko x Burnin' is far more popular, and I understand why.) 

Fire Emblem: 

Seth x Marisa - I usually prefer Ephraim x Marisa, but I'm too much of a fan of Ephraim x Tana and don't want to give it up. Seth needs more romantic supports, and Marisa could use one more as well. They'd have a fun banter I imagine. 

Either Hector x Ursula or Hector x Selena (Sacred Stones) - The former is way too fun to not imagine, but Ursula isn't a good person, and I can't see the two having anything but a hate-hookup relationship at best. Hector x Selena would be similar to any of the Fates Trio relationships (in Fates), or like Zeke and Tatiana - Selena would be found close to dead somewhere along the journey and Hector and co would help her back to health. She'd end up staying in Elibe in order to repay (what she feels is) her debt, but would end up deciding to stay after realizing that there is nothing left for her in Grado. Eventually, she'd marry Hector and the two would welcome Lilina into the world. 

Comedy shows: 

The hijinks Phil from Modern Family and Jake from Brooklyn Nine-Nine would get up to would be hilarious. I'd add in Andy from Parks & Rec, but whatever plan they'd concoct would be ruined. And while Jake and Claire would be a very powerful Halloween duo, I'm actually more afraid of Amy and Claire. 

Dre from Black-ish would also have an interesting time talking with Captain Holt, Ron Swanson, and Jay Dunphy. Dre would certainly be the most childish outwardly, but I think all four would bond over their crazy families and/or workplaces...which are also their families. It's like the sitcom version of my "Fantasy General Dads meet and talk" idea. 

Superhero Stuff: 

I'd love to see a combined universe where Batman, Arrow's Oliver Queen, and Shang-Chi all fight the Ten Rings-League of Shadows/Assassins combination. It'd be so cool!

And seeing Zack Snyder's Justice League deal with The Seven from The Boys would be such a fun (and one-sided) match up. Although in my head it's more like - The JL (plus the Kents from Superman & Lois) are transported to The Boys' world. The heroes use some tech to make a startup company (which they all "work" at) and continue their superheroics. At first they're seen as poor knockoffs of The Seven, until they start doing the work without needed the press. That would intrigue people, and soon all the talk would be about this "Justice League." Eventually Queen Mauve would be sent as a sort of ambassador/mole, but she'd find herself drawn to their ideals and drive. (She'd also probably fall in love with Diana. Diana, while flattered, wouldn't necessarily return the feelings.) Eventually a fight would ensue, and The Seven would be defeated. 

There's also a version of this where David and Megan from the Reckoners trilogy join The Boys, but I'm not sure how to work with that yet.