Use the Falchion

Impossible Ships!

60 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Enter a username said:

Imagine the chaos that would occur if Wayne, The Lopen, and Lift met...

1: I love this.

2: Is this a ship?

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH I thought this would be impossible but it's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoW spoilers, do not read if you haven't finished RoW!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Another

Reveal hidden contents

And another

Reveal hidden contents

Don't read this! I promise you'll regret it!

Reveal hidden contents

Hoid and Jasnah! Oh my gosh, it was so good and I loved it!

12 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The tenth book flashbacks are from Jasnah's perspective so lets hope she doesn't die. Or Hoid just breaks up with her.

Hoid and Kaladin is the best ship of all

I admittedly wasn't a fan of it, but I'm trying to parse out where it's me not liking it begins versus where my wounded pride ends...or if it's all my wounded pride. Regardless, it happened, and I'm trying to move on!

THAT BEING SAID, 

MASSIVE ROW SPOILERS

Spoiler

They'll be fine. I've had a prediction that at least one of the Kholins will make it off-world (the full prediction is that one will die, one will rule the Alethi people, and one will become a world-hopper). This more or less seals Jasnah into that role for me.

Just now, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Friendship is still a ship, at least for the purpose of this thread. 

3 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

1: I love this.

1. I wonder how long it'll take Wayne to trade for Wyndle...

1 minute ago, Use the Falchion said:

Edited by Enter a username

14 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The tenth book flashbacks are from Jasnah's perspective so lets hope she doesn't die. Or Hoid just breaks up with her.

Hoid and Kaladin is the best ship of all

1 minute ago, Use the Falchion said:

I admittedly wasn't a fan of it, but I'm trying to parse out where it's me not liking it begins versus where my wounded pride ends...or if it's all my wounded pride. Regardless, it happened, and I'm trying to move on!

THAT BEING SAID, 

MASSIVE ROW SPOILERS

Reveal hidden contents

They'll be fine. I've had a prediction that at least one of the Kholins will make it off-world (the full prediction is that one will die, one will rule the Alethi people, and one will become a world-hopper). This more or less seals Jasnah into that role for me.

RoW spoilers again

Spoiler

I agree with that, Use the Falchion.

I ship it! :)

Also

"It doesn't bother you at all? the idea of being beholden to another, particularly a man?"

-Jasnah in tWoK (I don't remember which page)

Guys does this mean Jasnah is gay? This could mean that she is just not a lesbian she could be any of the other parts of the acronym (LGBTQ+) 

WoR Spoilers!

Spoiler

But Hoid and Jasnah over time I am liking this ship more and more. But that scene in which Hoid kisses her UNGLOVED SAFEHAND I think makes it officalish

Edited by More Cynical Than Funny

1 hour ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Also

Guys does this mean Jasnah is gay? This could mean that she is just not a lesbian she could be any of the other parts of the acronym (LGBTQ+) 

WoR Spoilers!

Reveal hidden contents

But Hoid and Jasnah over time I am liking this ship more and more. But that scene in which Hoid kisses her UNGLOVED SAFEHAND I think makes it officalish

You may want to change the acronym, since you're using the Book 2 one instead of the Book 4 one...

I never really read it that way, although that is a popular take on it. My interpretation (and I think Sanderson's too, considering his post about it when he was doing the annotations) is that Jasnah simply doesn't like to be beholden to tradition. She doesn't want to be expected to put down her work, her life, and her pleasures for what her husband would do, as is  expected in Alethi society. 

Now in terms of LGBTQ+ stuff:

[ROW SPOILERS]

Spoiler

I'm not entirely confident on the matter, but I'm pretty sure that asexuality - which Jasnah has been confirmed as being - is covered under the "+." But you may want to ask someone who is a part of the Ace community for more details there. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

So, based on everything here for the last page and a half, I assume big ship stuff happens in RoW?

15 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

So, based on everything here for the last page and a half, I assume big ship stuff happens in RoW?

Yup. One might say...ship's going down!

19 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Very big ship stuff. Like, big.

You guys are scaring me, but now I really can't wait.