Impossible Ships!

9 hours ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Also it is a bit strange  because Syl is an Honorspren which is the spren of Honor and Wyndle is a Cultivationspren which is the spren of Cultivation so also on that would make it a strange relationship. Can you imagine how pissed The Stormfather would be?

At the same time, Honor and Cultivation were in a relationship, so he may just be more mad about Syl being in a relationship than who it's with. 

And a new HOPEFULLY impossible ship: Batman and Harley Quinn. I have no idea why, but I've wanted to see how this would work for a few years. 

In a Cosmere setting, Elend is the son Dalinar always wanted. I mean, Elend and Dalinar would have a really cool mentorship or father-son relationship. In Dalinar, Elend could find the father figure he needed when he was younger as well as a man who can help him figure out how to be a soldier, a leader, a king, and possibly a tyrant (in a time when strong leadership is needed). In Elend, Dalinar would find someone who understands what it means to rule even if you were never meant to, and how weird it feels to transition roles. 

Maybe they'd just have a more intergenerational friendship, but I could see it being a cool father-son relationship. 

Even Vin and Jasnah might get along...which scares me far more than I'd be willing to admit. 

On 11/20/2020 at 1:02 PM, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Wow I like it. This is a great!

Vin's like 16 in the first book and Jasnah is 34-40 years old

Vin would be like the daughter Jasnah probably never wants!

In a case of previous ships, I officially renege on my PS4 Miles & Stargirl's Courtney Whitmore ship. I've been watching gameplay of Spider-Man: Miles Morales before I get a chance to play it this week (hopefully), and I have officially met Hailey. So yeah, Hailey and Miles for sure. From what I've seen from both, Miles would be to Courtney like how Barry Allen was to Kara Danvers when they first met: friendly, a peer, cool enough to make their official love interest jealous, and someone who has been in her shoes.

Also, for Power Rangers, I think Scott Truman from RPM ("Series Operator Red") and Lauren Shiba from Samurai. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH I thought this would be impossible but it's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoW spoilers, do not read if you haven't finished RoW!!!

Spoiler

Another

Spoiler

And another

Spoiler

Don't read this! I promise you'll regret it!

Spoiler

Hoid and Jasnah! Oh my gosh, it was so good and I loved it!

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH I thought this would be impossible but it's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoW spoilers, do not read if you haven't finished RoW!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Another

Reveal hidden contents

And another

Reveal hidden contents

Don't read this! I promise you'll regret it!

Reveal hidden contents

Hoid and Jasnah! Oh my gosh, it was so good and I loved it!

12 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The tenth book flashbacks are from Jasnah's perspective so lets hope she doesn't die. Or Hoid just breaks up with her.

Hoid and Kaladin is the best ship of all

I admittedly wasn't a fan of it, but I'm trying to parse out where it's me not liking it begins versus where my wounded pride ends...or if it's all my wounded pride. Regardless, it happened, and I'm trying to move on!

THAT BEING SAID, 

MASSIVE ROW SPOILERS

Spoiler

They'll be fine. I've had a prediction that at least one of the Kholins will make it off-world (the full prediction is that one will die, one will rule the Alethi people, and one will become a world-hopper). This more or less seals Jasnah into that role for me.

Just now, More Cynical Than Funny said:

2: Is this a ship?

Friendship is still a ship, at least for the purpose of this thread. 

3 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

1: I love this.

2: Is this a ship?

1. I wonder how long it'll take Wayne to trade for Wyndle...

1 minute ago, Use the Falchion said:

Edited by Enter a username

14 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The tenth book flashbacks are from Jasnah's perspective so lets hope she doesn't die. Or Hoid just breaks up with her.

Hoid and Kaladin is the best ship of all

1 minute ago, Use the Falchion said:

I admittedly wasn't a fan of it, but I'm trying to parse out where it's me not liking it begins versus where my wounded pride ends...or if it's all my wounded pride. Regardless, it happened, and I'm trying to move on!

THAT BEING SAID, 

MASSIVE ROW SPOILERS

Reveal hidden contents

They'll be fine. I've had a prediction that at least one of the Kholins will make it off-world (the full prediction is that one will die, one will rule the Alethi people, and one will become a world-hopper). This more or less seals Jasnah into that role for me.

RoW spoilers again

Spoiler

I agree with that, Use the Falchion.

I ship it! :)

1 hour ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Also

Guys does this mean Jasnah is gay? This could mean that she is just not a lesbian she could be any of the other parts of the acronym (LGBTQ+) 

WoR Spoilers!

Reveal hidden contents

But Hoid and Jasnah over time I am liking this ship more and more. But that scene in which Hoid kisses her UNGLOVED SAFEHAND I think makes it officalish

You may want to change the acronym, since you're using the Book 2 one instead of the Book 4 one...

I never really read it that way, although that is a popular take on it. My interpretation (and I think Sanderson's too, considering his post about it when he was doing the annotations) is that Jasnah simply doesn't like to be beholden to tradition. She doesn't want to be expected to put down her work, her life, and her pleasures for what her husband would do, as is  expected in Alethi society. 

Now in terms of LGBTQ+ stuff:

[ROW SPOILERS]

Spoiler

I'm not entirely confident on the matter, but I'm pretty sure that asexuality - which Jasnah has been confirmed as being - is covered under the "+." But you may want to ask someone who is a part of the Ace community for more details there. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

16 hours ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Also

Guys does this mean Jasnah is gay? This could mean that she is just not a lesbian she could be any of the other parts of the acronym (LGBTQ+) 

WoR Spoilers!

Reveal hidden contents

But Hoid and Jasnah over time I am liking this ship more and more. But that scene in which Hoid kisses her UNGLOVED SAFEHAND I think makes it officalish

she's heteroromantic asexual