Use the Falchion

Impossible Ships!

60 posts in this topic

This is for all of you shippers out there! 

What ships do you have that are impossible? It can be from random crossovers that will never happen, or simply ships that didn't happen within a show! It can be friendships or romantic relationships! Share all the ships!

All I ask is that you all be respectful of other people's ships. We don't all agree, and some of the ones put here - especially some of the ones I'll put here - will be pretty outlandish. But it's all for fun and should be done responsibly. So lets have fun!

I guess I'll start us off. In terms of impossible romantic ships, I really like four or five. 

From Avatar: The Last Airbender, I really like Zuko x Toph and Azula x Aang. The latter couple isn't good for Aang, but it's a fun idea nonetheless. 

From the Fire Emblem world, I like Dedue and Constance, and M!Robin and F!Corrin. One could make a case for Robin and Corrin due to their support in Fire Emblem Warriors, the fact they're both in Fire Emblem Heroes, and the sheer nature of Dragon's Gate and the shared multiverse between Awakening and Fates. But since those aren't strictly speaking canon, I don't count it as possible. 

Dedue and Constance are just a couple I made a support for about a week or so ago, and I really liked it. So I ship them now. They also really don't have too many other good romance options. Constance as Ferdinand, but he's better with Flayn; Dedue has Shamir, but she's great with M!Byleth or Catherine.

 

[EDIT 2] And now I can't stop thinking about how a romance between King Harrow from The Dragon Prince and Queen Mikoto from Fire Emblem Fates would work...

 

In Marvel & DC crossover stuff, I'd really like to see Insomniac's Spider-Man date CW's Supergirl. 

Kara's a dork and Peter's a nerd, it's a match made in heaven. Both are so down-to-earth and relatable, and their powers would make superheroing seem more like a fun date at time - just imagine them talking about the previous night's episode of The Bachelor as they save cats from trees, j-walkers from distracted drivers, and other "pedestrian" crimes. Peter's not the type of guy who would be intimidated by woman who makes more money than him or is stronger than him, and Kara would have someone who accepts where she is. Long distance relationships wouldn't be a problem given Kara's superspeed and flight, and maybe that sort of relationship would finally convince Peter to take a day off! And on the romance side...Peter may not be as...sturdy as a Kryptonian, but he's sturdier than most...and now I feel weird and need a shower. Also, Peter's interest in technology and Kara's knowledge of xenotech and overall background as a Kryptonian would be super fascinating to him. On the flip side, Kara can talk all about her past with someone who will listen! (Also, Peter geeking out with Barry during the annual crossovers is something I NEED in my life.*) For those of y'all that can't stand the thought of Peter Parker not being with MJ, then maybe a comic-age Miles Morales (they aged him up to roughly 17) and a comic accurate, teenage Kara Zor-El may work?

After those two, I also weirdly ship Deke Shaw from Agents of Shield and Nora West-Allen from CW's The Flash. I think they'd be adorkable (and very annoying) together, and the idea of them 

SPOILERS FOR THE FLASH SEASON 5

Spoiler

Being time tourists is both hilarious and adorable. 

 

[EDIT] I almost forgot the most important Marvel/DC ship, Captain America and Wonder Woman! Shield buddies, World War buddies, and People Out of Time buddies! They'd get along great. I'm not sure Diana would want to date another blonde named Steve, but if she did, Cap would be the perfect man for her. 

 

 

On the Friendship side of shipping, I love the idea of Manuela Casagranda from Fire Emblem: Three Houses being best friends with one Jasnah Kholin. At first you'd think it wouldn't work, and Jasnah herself would always be questioning why she's friends with this hot mess of a person (especially when Manuela keeps dragging the Kholin queen out to go drinking and ends up complaining about how she can't keep a man while Jasnah has men practically throwing themselves at her). And then Jasnah would see how smart and caring Manuela actually is. Besides, I'm sure Navani would love being able to mother Manuela in a way she never could with Jasnah! It's a sitcom friendship, but one I think would be both hilarious and heartwarming.**

Rey from Star Wars would totally be best friends with Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn, and would probably have a big sister/mentor bond with a Paragon Commander Jane Shepard. I think meeting all of the people on the Normandy and working as a team would be good for the younger woman. 

Into the Spider-Verse's Miles Morales would totally be friends with Izuku Midoriya and the rest of Class 1-A. Gwen would probably get along well with Bakugo, weirdly enough. Both have this "Lone Wolf" vibe that they're learning to break free from, and their perfectionist tendencies would help sharpen each other. 

Spoiler

As it stands, if Miles joined UA at the same time Midoriya did, I'd say the ranking would be: 

Miles would be near the top of the class, but definitely not there yet.

MCU Peter Parker and Spider-Verse Gwen Stacy would be on the same level as the Big Three, but would most likely be second years. (Miles is roughly 14, Gwen is about 15 and a half, and MCU Peter is 16-17. The Big 3 are all currently 18, but Nejire and Amajiki were 17 when we first met them.) PS4 Miles may be a part of the Big 3, but I'll rank him after his PS5 game comes out.

Spider-Verse Perfect Parker (aka Blonde Parker) and PS4 Spider-Man would probably be in the Top 10 Heroes list. Perfect Parker would probably tie Mirko for 3rd place, while PS4 Parker would be closer to 5th or 6th place.

616 Spider-Man would have the skills to be Number 1 or 2, but would most likely rather be a middling superhero and keep his city safe. 

 

And we can't forget the roundtable discussions between: Commander Adama from Battlestar Galactica, Uncle Iroh, Dalinar Kholin, Tam al'Thor from The Wheel of Time, Ned Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire, Field Marshall Tamas from The Powder Mage trilogy and Colonel Mason Truman from Power Rangers RPM. They'd have a LOT to discuss. Over tea of course. 

Spoiler

I imagine it'd be just awkward silence until Uncle Iroh serves some tea and then says a wise phrase of his. Dalinar would muse on it for a bit before responding, to which Field Marshall Tamas would retort with a military experience. That would open the floodgates for the talk to turn to military strategy while Iroh just laughs and serves tea. Tam would stay out, claiming that he's just a soldier, not a general, and Ned would probably understand (despite his own leadership roles). The two would bust out some swords and spar for a bit. Tam would win, but Ned would put up a better fight than expected. After that, they'd talk about their kids. Things would get uncomfortably emotional for all of them as they talk about their sons (those that still live) and how they've treated them throughout the years; but their pride would shine so bright as well. At the end of the day, they'd all be glad they were open with each other. 

 

Oh, and April Ludgate from Parks & Rec and Rosa Diaz from Brooklyn 99 are totally sisters. Don't know how it works (although I do have some ideas), but they are. 

 

So...yeah. Those are my super weird crossover ships and encounters. What are y'all's?

 

*I can just imagine the two comparing their similar life experiences and goals, and Barry treating Peter like a little brother. And then Oliver quickly comes to respect the Webhead after he learns that Peter's been all on his own in the superhero game since he was fifteen, and built all of his own stuff. 

**...I may or may not be imagining how to fit an incredibly diverse group of characters into a sitcom formula for my own humor. Right now Jasnah is in the "Barny Stinson aka 'single and prefer it that way'" role, while Manuela is in the "Ted Mosby aka 'I'm always looking for love'" role. I'm thinking about having Naruto Uzumaki and Hinata Hyuuga as the "Lily & Marshall/Chandler & Monica aka 'the happily married couple of the friend group'" role, but I'm not entirely sure just yet. Now that I think about it...maybe Jane Shepard and Garris Varkarian? That way you have the military commander, the medic, and the mediator. Hmmm...

Edited by Use the Falchion
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaladin x happiness

Moash x redemption

hehe

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

Kaladin x happiness

Moash x redemption

hehe

How can you call this a ship? Moash cannot be redeemed.

Edited by Shard of Reading
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know if this is outlandish or not, but Wirt x Beatrice is wayyyy better than Wirt with Sarah or Lorna.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bakugo x practically anyone (there are a few, like maybe Camie or Kirishima but I don't really see him being attracted to anyone or even wanting a relationship)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

Bakugo x practically anyone (there are a few, like maybe Camie or Kirishima but I don't really see him being attracted to anyone or even wanting a relationship)

I definitely ship Bakugo and Camie (or Bakugo and Icy-Hot's older sister as a sort of one-sided crush) but yeah, of the main cast, he's the most likely to stay single during a flash-forward epilogue. 

Edited by Use the Falchion
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Use the Falchion said:

I definitely ship Bakugo and Camie but yeah, of the main cast, he's the most likely to stay single during a flash-forward epilogue. 

don't judge but I ship him with kirishima

Yeah I can definitely see an epilogue where like, Izuku and Urarka, Kaminari and Jirou, and Momo and Todoroki are all married/together

and then Bakugo hehe all alone

I do like Bakugo's and Camie's dynamic but they haven't interacted very much. I would be fine with them ending up together if the manga took time to develop their friendship and had more screen time of them together, but if the Provisional License Exam is all the content we get and then BOOM flash forward they're married!!! I would be upset.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

I do like Bakugo's and Camie's dynamic but they haven't interacted very much. I would be fine with them ending up together if the manga took time to develop their friendship and had more screen time of them together, but if the Provisional License Exam is all the content we get and then BOOM flash forward they're married!!! I would be upset.

At least it wouldn't be as bad as Choji and that Lightning Land girl in Naruto though. That was literally out of nowhere. (Although I love Chocho's design, so I'm cool with it now.)

11 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

don't judge but I ship him with kirishima

No judgement here! I don't ship them, but I know they're a popular ship. And being honest, their (b)romance is better than 99% of the romances in the genre. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm part of that small but loud group that ships Ochako with Katsuki because of that single scene. Sadly it fits with the name of the thread. 

While we're at it, you know Melissa from the first movie? The amount of chemistry between her and Izuku during that short hour and a half was going through the roof. But movies aren't canon as far as I know so there goes that one too. 

I like Zuko X Katara, at least more than Aang X Katara. Not necesarily more than Zuko X Mai though.

Now, I never do crossover ones but now I'm interested in the idea. I'll think about it, see if I can come up with something. 

Well, if we're talking friendships, for some reason I really wanna see Lift meeting Lissa from FE Awakening. There's nothing in particular to make it special, I just think their interactions would be interesting. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

While we're at it, you know Melissa from the first movie? The amount of chemistry between her and Izuku during that short hour and a half was going through the roof. But movies aren't canon as far as I know so there goes that one too. 

Melissa and Deku were such a great pair! I'm a basic Izuku/Ochako shipper, but if Izuku and Melissa got together, I wouldn't complain either!

 

6 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Well, if we're talking friendships, for some reason I really wanna see Lift meeting Lissa from FE Awakening. There's nothing in particular to make it special, I just think their interactions would be interesting

Frogs...frogs everywhere. Chrom would be lost in a sea of frogs with nothing to eat since Lift ate all of his food (and Lissa's portion of bear meat, with the princess' permission of course...which immediately dampened the appeal for Lift, but she ate it anyways). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Frogs...frogs everywhere. Chrom would be lost in a sea of frogs with nothing to eat since Lift ate all of his food (and Lissa's portion of bear meat, with the princess' permission of course...which immediately dampened the appeal for Lift, but she ate it anyways). 

Oh storms. And then Frederick starts eating his own ration of bear meat at top speed because, as much as he may hate it, he's too intimidated by this foul mouthed 13 year old. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 0:07 AM, Eluvianii said:

I like Zuko X Katara, at least more than Aang X Katara. Not necesarily more than Zuko X Mai though.

I’ve thought about this a lot and have the perfect solution to this ship. Add just a little bit more of foreshadowing and/or foundation for the Zutara ship, and then have Zuko die in the ending fight with Azula. Kissing Katara, and then dying. Specifically that one part where he jumps in front of the lightning to save Katara. That should have killed him. 

It fixes literally everything. 
1. Makes Zuko + Katara Shippers happy.
2. Makes Aang + Katara Shippers happy, as she can still end up with Aang. 
3. Zuko dying fits perfectly with EVERYTHING. 
   3a. The series needs a death in that final episode.There’s almost no weight to the ending when you think about it, literally everyone ‘lives happily ever after’. Someone needed to die to make the victory even better. And then when Aang decides to forgo violence and only take the Fire Lord’s bending, it makes that choice even harder and even more moral, as he has even more reason to want revenge. 
   3b. Zuko is the perfect candidate for the person who needs to die. His ark is over. He has been redeemed, found his honor, got forgiveness from his uncle, he is complete. We don’t even really see him again after that fight scene anyway. He could’ve died and have had almost no impact on the rest of the actual events of the story. It’s also the PERFECT way to close his redemption ark. He starts as the person trying to kill the protagonists, and ends up dying for them. 
   3c. Thematically it’s just epic. He gets killed by his sister, saving the girl he’s hunted for the entire story. He was scarred by his father, abandoned by his mother, and then finally killed by his sister. Zuko’s story is one of tragedy, it makes sense that it should end that way. 
 
Im cutting this off abruptly because tbh I got bored of typing it all, but I have a lot more thoughts on how perfect this is. It’s almost too perfect, like, I think the writers wanted to do this, but having one of the main characters dying was just a little bit too dark for Nickelodeon. Iirc the only real character death is Jet’s, and even that is purposely vague. (Katara and Sokka’s mom doesn’t count, she wasn’t really a character.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Danex said:

I’ve thought about this a lot and have the perfect solution to this ship. Add just a little bit more of foreshadowing and/or foundation for the Zutara ship, and then have Zuko die in the ending fight with Azula. Kissing Katara, and then dying. Specifically that one part where he jumps in front of the lightning to save Katara. That should have killed him. 

It fixes literally everything. 
1. Makes Zuko + Katara Shippers happy.
2. Makes Aang + Katara Shippers happy, as she can still end up with Aang. 
3. Zuko dying fits perfectly with EVERYTHING. 
   3a. The series needs a death in that final episode.There’s almost no weight to the ending when you think about it, literally everyone ‘lives happily ever after’. Someone needed to die to make the victory even better. And then when Aang decides to forgo violence and only take the Fire Lord’s bending, it makes that choice even harder and even more moral, as he has even more reason to want revenge. 
   3b. Zuko is the perfect candidate for the person who needs to die. His ark is over. He has been redeemed, found his honor, got forgiveness from his uncle, he is complete. We don’t even really see him again after that fight scene anyway. He could’ve died and have had almost no impact on the rest of the actual events of the story. It’s also the PERFECT way to close his redemption ark. He starts as the person trying to kill the protagonists, and ends up dying for them. 
   3c. Thematically it’s just epic. He gets killed by his sister, saving the girl he’s hunted for the entire story. He was scarred by his father, abandoned by his mother, and then finally killed by his sister. Zuko’s story is one of tragedy, it makes sense that it should end that way. 
 
Im cutting this off abruptly because tbh I got bored of typing it all, but I have a lot more thoughts on how perfect this is. It’s almost too perfect, like, I think the writers wanted to do this, but having one of the main characters dying was just a little bit too dark for Nickelodeon. Iirc the only real character death is Jet’s, and even that is purposely vague. (Katara and Sokka’s mom doesn’t count, she wasn’t really a character.)

...I'm just going to say that outside of my dislike of Zutara, I don't think that's the way to go.

Star Wars' Sequel Trilogy tried something similar with Kylo Ren and Rey, and it ticked everybody off. Reylo fans were mad, Anti-Reylo fans were mad, and FinnRey fans were mad. 

There are a couple more things in your post I disagree with, but I like that you went into so much detail and were so thoughtful about your ship! 

 

On 10/29/2020 at 0:19 AM, Eluvianii said:

Oh storms. And then Frederick starts eating his own ration of bear meat at top speed because, as much as he may hate it, he's too intimidated by this foul mouthed 13 year old. 

Last night I was thinking about this, and realized we need to add Toph to the mix. She'd have way too much fun (and would probably see Lissa as a Cool Aunt, halfway between Katara and halfway between Aang). ...and now no one is safe. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started Stargirl last night, and now all I can think of is shipping PS5 Spider-Man: Miles Morales' titular character Miles Morales with Stargirl's titular character Stargirl. Miles and Courtney are both high schoolers as well as legacy characters, and I think Courtney would benefit from having a friend who understand what it's like to not only want revenge (and have the power to seek it), but to also be a sort of legacy character. (I also find the idea that Miles has a thing for blonde hair in every multiverse/universe funny. In Into the Spider-Verse it's Gwen, and in this iteration it'd be Courtney.) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the most recent Star Wars trilogy, people were shipping [edit] Poe and Rey, Finn and Rey, or even Bo and Finn.

I felt the most unusual/unexpected ship would have been Leia and [edit] Poe. But with the sad loss of Carrie Fisher, that never became an option... so, impossible.

Edited by Iarwainiel
correction
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if anyone else is doing this, but... Kelsier and Jasnah. I don't think there's any reasoning needed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iarwainiel said:

For the most recent Star Wars trilogy, people were shipping Bo and Rey, Finn and Rey, or even Bo and Finn.

I felt the most unusual/unexpected ship would have been Leia and Bo. But with the sad loss of Carrie Fisher, that never became an option... so, impossible.

You mean Poe? Yeah, he was shipped with a lot of people. He and John Boyega had chemistry with everyone. Apparently Poe was going to have a romance with Rey in Colin Trevorrow's version of Episode IX. Leia and Poe would definitely be unexpected! I always saw their relationship as surrogate mother and son. 

 

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

I don't know if anyone else is doing this, but... Kelsier and Jasnah. I don't think there's any reasoning needed.

If Jasnah is interested in men and doesn't end up with Kaladin (...or even if she does and Kaladin makes a Heroic Sacrifice), I totally ship this! I can just imagine it...

Spoiler

Once Kelsier finds a way off Scadrial, he goes around the Cosmere, leaving hints and clues for Jasnah to follow him. Jasnah is simultaneously annoyed by how distracting it is for her research, but also loves the adventure and appreciates how much effort Kelsier put into his little hunts for her. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

If Jasnah is interested in men and doesn't end up with Kaladin (...or even if she does and Kaladin makes a Heroic Sacrifice), I totally ship this! I can just imagine it...

  Reveal hidden contents

Once Kelsier finds a way off Scadrial, he goes around the Cosmere, leaving hints and clues for Jasnah to follow him. Jasnah is simultaneously annoyed by how distracting it is for her research, but also loves the adventure and appreciates how much effort Kelsier put into his little hunts for her. 

 

Yes!!! Muy bien!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Use the Falchion - Thanks for reminding me re: what the name of Oscar Isaac's character was, LOL! Duly revised it in my post above. Agree with you that a Leia/Poe ship would've been unexpected. IMO it would have been a more controversial ship than Poe/Finn - Hollywood doesn't seem to think older ladies are interested in romance. I totally think the actors could have pulled it off/made it believable.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Iarwainiel no problem! Yeah, having older women interested in romance - not flings, but actual romance - is a rarity; now it's definitely I wish I saw for Leia! (Poe bossing Kylo around because he's the new step-dad is both traumatizing and hilarious.) 

I know Daniel Abraham's The Dagger and The Coin series has an older woman/younger man romance. It was uncomfortable at first for me, admittedly, but I grew to really like it. I'm still not used to it, but I've seen in my life and I love how it breaks general fantasy conventions. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I deeply apologies for all of this

Delphi and Albus from Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Hoid and Kaladin

Nahz and Khriss

Kelsier and Dockson

Lersas and Ati

Szeth and Kaladin

Vin and Zane

Ruin and Odium

Sarene and Lukel

Vasher and Jewels

Spoiler

Kelsier and Drifter . . . :ph34r:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Delphi and Albus from Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

I'd have totally been down for that, in a non-Cursed Child storyline! 

 

25 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Kelsier and Dockson

You know there will be tons of fan-art of this if/when the movie gets made. 

 

29 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Lersas and Ati

Aren't there theories that they were a couple?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'd have totally been down for that, in a non-Cursed Child storyline! 

 

You know there will be tons of fan-art of this if/when the movie gets made. 

 

Aren't there theories that they were a couple?

*cough* HP 9 *cough*

I am new to all of this (3 days) and it actually took me two books to realize that Kelsier and Dockson were not a gay couple. . . (Secret History, Well of Ascension, Mistborn) Really, if Kelsier was female in that first scene they both show up in they totally act like they have been married for some years.  

There probably is fan theories that Lersas and Ati are a couple somewhere.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 9:47 PM, Condensation said:

I don't know if anyone else is doing this, but... Kelsier and Jasnah. I don't think there's any reasoning needed.

Oh, the TLT crew was shipping this HARD back in the day.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.